Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
as opposed to the liberals being funded by big foreign business and a nazi Sympathizer named soro's
So where the hell is my check then?

Silly conspiricist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:55 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It is pretty funny after the election all the tea party talk nearly instantly stopped. They were nothing but pawns to the right wing agenda.
Wrong they still have the weekly one here each and every Sat. They havent stopped since Nov 2nd

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,125,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The tea party is trying to stop the deficit from growing,but wait its going to get bigger because of tax cuts. Does the tea party know this? Some one warn them......oh wait whats that.......they only care when its the black President..........I don't believe it........they will protest this weekend......what.....they wont......oh.
Tea Party Patriots | Events for Tuesday, December 07, 2010 (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Today.aspx - broken link)

MSNBC not reporting them doesn't mean that they're not happening.

The Tea Party movement is alive and well. The election's over, so the media has no business case for continuing coverage of it - for now. When the '12 election season starts to heat up, you'll start to see the media covering the movement again. After the massacre the Democrats suffered last month, that's a guarantee.

I should dredge up all the posts from April '09 where people were saying that the movement was just a fad and wouldn't last a year, and serve them up with a hefty plate of crow.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,472,910 times
Quote:
It is pretty funny after the election all the tea party talk nearly instantly stopped. They were nothing but pawns to the right wing agenda.

What can they say at this point? The GOP is about to add BILLIONS to the deficit already. I'd imagine the 'baggers would feel stupid at this point, but considering how oblivious they are in general I doubt they even know what is going on.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,417,212 times
Quote:
I agree completely, the tea party was just a vehicle for the Republican Party, nothing more and nothing less.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,543,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Reducing taxes is on the agenda, but oddly I see nothing mentioned anywhere about race except on the left wing brainwashing sites.
Funny how they didn't care about reducing "taxes" while GWB was spending away the nation's surplusby waging a profiteer/vendetta war.

Did taxes suddenly "increase" only on Nov 4, 2008? Sure seems like a lot of people suddenly started getting riled up about "taxes" on that day.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:00 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
Mouser post #9 - There is very little moderate, conservative or sensible presented by the Republican or the Tea Parties.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Where's the tea party when we need them? The compromise between Repubs and Obama spending 900 billion more of borrowed money and adding to the deficit should have them foaming at the mouth and protesting in the streets. Where are they? Only people I hear outrage from are tried and true democrats. Have we entered Bizzarro World or what? Did Glen Beck die or something? He should be furiously scribbling on his chalkboard by now. Palin should be holding a press conference condemning the massive spending.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:06 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Funny how they didn't care about reducing "taxes" while GWB was spending away the nation's surplusby waging a profiteer/vendetta war.

Did taxes suddenly "increase" only on Nov 4, 2008? Sure seems like a lot of people suddenly started getting riled up about "taxes" on that day.
I'm not part of the tea party movement, but I sure did care about "taxes" during GWB's tenure and I'll bet many tea party participants did as well. There also has to be a starting point when people say "enough is enough".
I noticed it really picking up steam with others during the TARP/ Automaker bailouts. (hint:Bush, a whitey was still in office)
But go ahead and strawman away if it helps you receive validation, I know you and your ilk want so desperately for this to be about race and not the pathological destructive actions of our government.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:10 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,535,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Tea Party Patriots | Events for Tuesday, December 07, 2010 (http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Today.aspx - broken link)

MSNBC not reporting them doesn't mean that they're not happening.

The Tea Party movement is alive and well. The election's over, so the media has no business case for continuing coverage of it - for now. When the '12 election season starts to heat up, you'll start to see the media covering the movement again. After the massacre the Democrats suffered last month, that's a guarantee.

I should dredge up all the posts from April '09 where people were saying that the movement was just a fad and wouldn't last a year, and serve them up with a hefty plate of crow.
That is nothing. So they are having some meetings. Where is the anger for the deficit being increased. It only matters that they defeat Obama in 2012. They don't care about taxes or anything else anyone does except Obama. Oh wait I'm wrong. They want to get rid of steele also. Sorry
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies