Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times

Advertisements

You asked for it
New Gallup Poll: Tea Partiers Think Blacks are Poor Because They

Poll: Tea Party Supporters Predisposed to Intolerance - BLACK ENTERPRISE

NAACP Report Ties Tea Party to Militia and Racist Groups

More where that comes from if you want to keep acting silly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 01:33 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
If you and your ilk arrest him and put him to death for becoming President..............

Dang! there's that ilk word liberals never use again. I don't understand, I was told by a liberal they 'never' use that word ilk.

If it were up to me he would have been arrested and tried for treason a long time ago.

But then I would be as stuck with Biden, who has commited the crime of being a Capitol jerk, followed up by Nancy.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:59 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Tea Party is now impotent and completely disposable by the Republican party. Their usefulness has been drained.

The Tea Party "movement" was a puppet parade that was financially backed by billionaires like the Koch brothers in an effort to create a resurgence in the Republican party and they are no longer relevant.

The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker

The only way that they can remain 'relevant' is by attempting to elevate their patron saint, Sarah Palin, run for RNC Chairman (to of course replace the "Token"). However, the true Republican establishment will never let that happen and will quash the TP movement entirely.

Tea party group wants Palin for RNC - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com
Hmmmm.....I didn't read through this thread, so maybe someone already pointed this out.

There are somewhere between 13 and 19 Tea Party groups nation-wide that fall under the umbrella "Tea Party". Around four or five of the national TP groups are backed by Freedom Works and a few other highly Conservative, pro-corporation (note* NOT pro ma & pop or small business). These are the people that want corporations to dictate the economy and essentially have more rights than humans-which, by the way, they already do.

As a whole, the Tea Party is not a puppet to anyone, except for maybe the Baby Boomer generation. The only thing that unites them all is their mantra: Principle over Party, which basically means that they vote for candidates that fall in line with their agenda over the ones that are a "shoe-in". In essence, they vote by belief, not who is the most electable even if it means a Republican loss.

And it is for that reason that the TP is losing steam and, for the most part, viewed as a bunch of extreme whack-jobs. Even though some of the TP backed candidates did win recently, just look at some of those candidates that they did support for evidence of this.

Even though Tea Partiers are registered Republican, and vote Republican, they are far more to the right than the average Republican and view themselves as the real Conservatives. That is primarily why the "other" Republican's are distancing themselves from these groups.

By the way, even though some of the candidates that Palin supported won on the local level, there is no way that anyone she supports nationally would win. She is considered a joke by (most) Republicans in power and they understand that what ever ticket she is on will be a losing Republican ticket.

Mark my words: Put Palin behind the next Republican Presidential Ticket, or even on the ticket itself, and I guaranty you another four years with a Democrat in the White House (i.e., unless there is a strong third party candidate).

Old 12-09-2010, 02:02 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post

But then I would be as stuck with Biden, who has commited the crime of being a Capitol jerk, followed up by Nancy.
This is a long standing tactic that has been used by Republicans and Democrats: Have a Vice President that is "worse" than the President and it will smash any notion of trying to remove the [which ever] President from office.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:05 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Let's see....

First article used a disgusting, vulgar sexual term in the first sentence, losing all credibility.

Second article was an opinion piece, making assumptions about a poll.

Third article was pure speculation, and had nothing but accusations. No proof at all.

And if you really want to talk racist, how 'bout that NAACP organization?

If that's all you've got, I don't need to see more. You obviously frequent sites and sources that solidify your racist views.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
This is a long standing tactic that has been used by Republicans and Democrats: Have a Vice President that is "worse" than the President and it will smash any notion of trying to remove the [which ever] President from office.
You noticed that too huh? I can't stand Biden since his Bill Clinton Days.

Why can't this country produce any real leaders?

Old 12-09-2010, 05:16 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,706,964 times
Face it, the Tea Party was invented by Washington Lobbyists, like Dick Armey, so they could make tens of millions pushing their clients wares. They were stooges who are no longer needed

Old 12-09-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Dang! there's that ilk word liberals never use again. I don't understand, I was told by a liberal they 'never' use that word ilk.

If it were up to me he would have been arrested and tried for treason a long time ago.

Im not a liberal but the word ilk does apply to those who refuse to let Obama be the elected President.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Let's see....

First article used a disgusting, vulgar sexual term in the first sentence, losing all credibility.

Third article was pure speculation, and had nothing but accusations. No proof at all.

If that's all you've got, I don't need to see more. You obviously frequent sites and sources that solidify your racist views.
Your a joke. Didnt read the articles or watch the video. Plenty more.
By the way calling the NAACP racist.....give you all kinds of credibility

Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Let's see....

Matt Taibbi on the Tea Party | Rolling Stone Politics
Keep it coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies