Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:12 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,033,284 times

Advertisements

well if your just look straight ahead duh. dont look behind you we figure you wont. see what you want
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
The Tea Party is alive and well where I live and we are planning for 2012. I live in the 4 corners and attend in Co and NM, great folks in both states,but believe what you want
The TP candidates didn't do so well in CO this past Nov. Both state-wide TP backed candidates lost to (gasp!) Democrats! This in a pretty conservative state.

Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 AM

764 posts, read 597,497 times
I'd guess that the present Tea Party mainly consists of people who now realize that Bush's Presidency was a total debacle, and now have to separate themselves from the utter failure that they supported.

The Tea Party was a fine idea till all the Social Conservatives got ahold of it. The type of people who like Sarah Palin rather then Ron Paul, because Ron Paul actually supports or does all the things someone like Sarah Palin claims to support, or do. So when Paul...you know, says that it would be ridiculous to deny people the right to build a "Mosque" (even though it's not), near Ground Zero, they turn against him. That happens, because they are fundamentalist Christians/Social Conservatives in disguise as real Libertarians. Even the founder of the Tea Party calls it a joke, now...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:40 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
Don't 'misunderestimate' the US voter. We, as a nation, did vote for a complete moron Bush Junior. Twice. We are just that dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if we have Sarah Palin as our President in a few years... The average US voter is just not very bright.

Old 12-16-2010, 03:17 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Like wise, and good luck with your thoughts. I will be visting my tax man and cutting every last red cent out I can. So far as I am concerned all blacks can go get a job just like I do.

Just so you know, life ain't easy. Today i was flat on my back under a 1 ton dump truck all the day light hours. i was supposed to be getting a machine to fix transported from 80 miles away.

I was under the truck because it was broken down and could not move. I found that out last night, when the owner appeared with it saying it had no power.

There is no shop here for a truck this size, and so at +15 degrees i layed out there working with cold steel, all the day light hours before the truck was fixed and that much was for free.
My wife was out there helping me move big heavy steel parts and wiggling parts as instructed, and for what? So I can go get that busted junk of a hunk of the Bismark and drag it back here to fix it, in a unheated barn. Before I get this big machine fixed it will be well below 0 for many days.

This is called WORKIN' for a living. I will have to take steel cutting torches to my tools to heat them up so I can just hold them, to fix this machine. I will have to pressure wash it in below 0 weather to likey.

Once more this is called workin'!
You have a lot of issues none of which I caused. I can voice my opinion without being afraid if It will offend you. Do me a favor,tell those blacks that married into your family all the things you type on here. I think they should know the truth. As for blacks being bread to be stupid that statement along tells me who the real dummy is. Laying on the ground under a truck all day and not leaving the farm doesn't make you any better than all the blacks you think you support. By the way I don't need your money so talk to the ghetto people that you think all blacks are.
I want not support Obama so you can like black people. I believe in single payer. I believe the rich should pay out their lazy cheating a$$%% in taxes. I believe credit card companies are a disgrace and should be ran out of business. I believe crooked real estate people and bankers who take advantage of people should be put in prison. So all of your I support Obama because he is black is stupid without the slave master making you dumb.

Old 12-16-2010, 07:18 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
EC, Il'd tell em, but there to busy working. layin under that truck, and not sending it to a shop saved me time, and money. I coulod have paid 100 bucks to have it towed to a shop, and sometime in the next 2 weeks someone would have fixed it, but then I wouldn't have had it today to drive 16o kiles to pick up a 1 ton machine to get started fixing. A total over haul. Torn down for sand blasting, powder coat, refit in stainless steel, new moden controlls, and for a fair wage.

I do not support Obama. I didn't vote for him, but not because of his skin color, but because one look told me he was a fruitcake wacko nut case, too full of himself.

The breeding comment is because that is what I read somewhere, and it was in a historical artical on the last days of slavery. I didn't think it was true, but then these days I am not so sure it wasn't true.

Taxes, I think there should be far less taxes. With that a set % everyone pays.

Maybe 2% and if you work and earn a buck you pay 2%, and if you work and earn 100,000 bucks you pay 2%. 2% is more than the interest my bank pays.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:38 AM

3,490 posts, read 3,794,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The Tea Party is now impotent and completely disposable by the Republican party. Their usefulness has been drained.

The Tea Party "movement" was a puppet parade that was financially backed by billionaires like the Koch brothers in an effort to create a resurgence in the Republican party and they are no longer relevant.

The billionaire Koch brothers’ war against Obama : The New Yorker

The only way that they can remain 'relevant' is by attempting to elevate their patron saint, Sarah Palin, run for RNC Chairman (to of course replace the "Token"). However, the true Republican establishment will never let that happen and will quash the TP movement entirely.

Tea party group wants Palin for RNC - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

Tea baggers got off the Swift boats and went into hiding for a couple a years, republicans can always find some group of nitwits to pay off.

If the best they have is Palin well, she isn't going to like payback very much.

Old 03-02-2011, 05:41 PM

2 posts, read 3,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Don't 'misunderestimate' the US voter. We, as a nation, did vote for a complete moron Bush Junior. Twice. We are just that dumb. I wouldn't be surprised if we have Sarah Palin as our President in a few years... The average US voter is just not very bright.
That's very true how else did Bush and Obama get voted in. I mean come on Obama!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:47 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,753,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
That is no surprise. Steele is a token. Tea party was motivated by racism.

Yes, you must be one of those "there's a racist behind every post" kinda guys.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Yes, you must be one of those "there's a racist behind every post" kinda guys.
only if someone other than a minority makes the post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies