Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2010, 07:16 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Yes and murder etc.... but adding any additional burdens puts those that serve at risk. Wouldn't you agree, that the military doesn't need 1 more thing to deal with.
Since gays are already in the military and it's usually a big deal to kick them out I would think this would be one less thing to deal with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 07:18 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Does anyone remember the story of Gideon in the Bible. If I were in the military, I would get out as fast as possible. No more victory in this corrupt military.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:18 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
This argument again? Really?

Most people do not regard Mormonism as the way to the Lord. Who cares what they thought about blacks? They are arguably a fringe group.

Since when was it a moral issue for black and whites to intermingle? That was about hate, probably, not about morals. Although I wasn't alive at the time, I see nothing but hatred in the exclusion of blacks, nothing about morality.

Gays and lesbians have a choice to not be gay, or be gay. They don't have to lie but they should not wear it on their sleeve, it should not be the first thing they identify themselves as. First and foremost, they are [insert name here], then they are American.
Yeah, I chose to be not gay and to do some chicks. 'cuz it's a choice.

It's not a choice. Some might argue that it's deviant behavior, based on their religion, or on social norms, but it's still a not a choice. To say sexual orientation is a choice is to say that everyone chooses what they want. If only life worked that way. We could've turned off our sexual urges and raging boners when Mary Lou went up to the chalk board in high school. If only.

Last edited by 70Ford; 12-20-2010 at 07:29 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 07:19 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Does anyone remember the story of Gideon in the Bible. If I were in the military, I would get out as fast as possible. No more victory in this corrupt military.
Gays were there before you. Sorry.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Don't click this if you are easily offended.. but it is hilarious. Seems to be appropriate.

ONCE AGAIN THIS HAS FOUL LANGUAGE AND ADULT THEMES.

AND IS HILARIOUS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEJ5bfuBehs

Old 12-20-2010, 10:14 PM

12,623 posts, read 13,932,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
some people like black and white.. clear cut borders and explainations in this life..when there really aren't any... Gay issues throw a wrench in the mechanics of their brains and bring everything they've been taught to know into question. That is why every "hater" has simple clear cut liners about how to address the issue.. life isn't like that... it might make sense in their heads, and then they can reach for reasonings to justify it.. but it still doesn't make the issue go away.. Gay people exist, it's natural..it's been around for ages, they're children of god, created that way.. they love.. they bleed.. they seek acceptance and love just as you do.. Social constructs whether they're 50 years old, or thousands of years old.. can't stamp out or diminish millions of years of biology..
Learn to live and let live.. others will tolerate your position, if you've made an effort to understand theirs...
Couldn't have said it better myself!

Old 12-21-2010, 03:48 AM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeerf View Post
Yes and murder etc.... but adding any additional burdens puts those that serve at risk. Wouldn't you agree, that the military doesn't need 1 more thing to deal with.
No, I would disagree with that... when the "thing they're dealing with" is restoring equal rights to all gay soldiers (and anyone who wants to become a soldier), it is something that deserves attention. Providing equality is always worth dealing with, in my humble opinion.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:18 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
...Who cares about gifts? So, if they get a gift, they can say they got it from a friend. Oh, wait, they need that soapbox?
It's easy to marginalize equality when you're not the one being discriminated against, isn't it?

Look, I'm a straight guy and no longer in the military, so this doesn't directly effect me, either. However, it's easy for me to see the inequality/injustice of the Title 10/DADT era.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:22 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
...Since when was it a moral issue for black and whites to intermingle? That was about hate, probably, not about morals. Although I wasn't alive at the time, I see nothing but hatred in the exclusion of blacks, nothing about morality.
And what do you think the discrimination against gays is about? People just use "morals" to justify their feelings towards the other group. It's really the same thing.

Quote:
Gays and lesbians have a choice to not be gay, or be gay...
There is lots of evidence to suggest you are 100% wrong on that.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:31 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
It's easy to marginalize equality when you're not the one being discriminated against, isn't it?

Look, I'm a straight guy and no longer in the military, so this doesn't directly effect me, either. However, it's easy for me to see the inequality/injustice of the Title 10/DADT era.
Hooligan, you have been the #1 cheerleader for gays, and now you claim to be sraight? What's up with that? You must have a close friend or brother who is gay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies