Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 09:33 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Please name a president who paid for his vacations out of his own pocket.
In case you haven't noticed, it's expensive to travel to Hawaii. Do you think the Obamas are paying for the lodging for all the Secret Service agents? There's a reason plane tickets are expensive as well...Hawaii is kinda far away from the continental US. I shudder to think of the cost of taking Air Force One over there for a pleasure trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Obama has been in office two years. Half his term, a term which will hopefully be his last. You can't make an apples to apples comparison when he hasn't even taken all his vacations yet.

Read the post you quoted from again very carefully.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:41 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Read the post you quoted from again very carefully.
I would daresay you will have to post the relevant link for her, she seems to have a way of ignoring little things like that.
I would do it, but I am sure I am on her ignore list.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:43 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that people will be delighted to see the pics of the President and his family enjoying those beautiful beaches under the sun, in one of those ultra luxurious environment, and this, while they are home shoveling snow because they can't afford to take their family on vacation anymore, or maybe are housing a relative that has lost his house, if not helping financially a friend whose job has gone away.
I don't find it to be very clever, but that's only me.
Sorry, but the office of president is stressful enough, so the Obama's deserve vacation every now and then. No one should be forced to work 24/7. How many of you guys are business owners, bosses or supervisors? Do you allow the hardships of your employees prevent you from taking a well-earned vacation and spending time with your loved ones?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
In case you haven't noticed, it's expensive to travel to Hawaii. Do you think the Obamas are paying for the lodging for all the Secret Service agents? There's a reason plane tickets are expensive as well...Hawaii is kinda far away from the continental US. I shudder to think of the cost of taking Air Force One over there for a pleasure trip.
It's no more expensive than traveling to many other states that Obama is President of. By your standard it's expensive for them to ever leave the WH. Are you suggested they never should just for "appearance sake"? Just be honest if you do and stop trying to pretend it's about money.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:52 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's no more expensive than traveling to many other states that Obama is President of. By your standard it's expensive for them to ever leave the WH. Are you suggested they never should? Just be honest.
She may have to check with Limbaugh or Hannity before getting back to you on that one.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Best price: $752 RT, DC to Honolulu

Cheap Flights from Honolulu to Washington, from $752 Round trip from HNL to WAS

The actual cost is likely far less.

Old 12-20-2010, 10:03 PM

565 posts, read 485,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Lots of people here in CO go to HI on vacation; it's not that big a deal. Maybe you and Krugman have a problem with HI; most Coloradans don't.
I might be biased but in a sense, I preferred George Bush going to his ranch, although I very well know that was sort of a made up thing, it still looked better. What you spell HI is to remote to most people reality.
Also why do people in office that are treated like kings need vacations.
That is beyond me.

Last edited by henrjam; 12-20-2010 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-20-2010, 10:09 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,007,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
I might be biased but in a sense, I preferred George Bush going to his ranch, although I very well know that was sort of a make up thing, it still looked better. What you spell HI is to remote to most people reality.
Also why do people in office that are treated like kings need vacations.
That is beyond me.
So are we supposed to kick Hawaii out of the Union because you think its too "remote"?
Seriously?

Old 12-20-2010, 10:10 PM

952 posts, read 942,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's no more expensive than traveling to many other states that Obama is President of. By your standard it's expensive for them to ever leave the WH. Are you suggested they never should just for "appearance sake"? Just be honest if you do and stop trying to pretend it's about money.

obviously, the trip is a cover....

an excuse, to find his real Birth Certificate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies