Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2010, 08:24 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,992 times

Advertisements

Really? People are mad because he's going back to his home state? I had no idea so many were that ignorant. And you can't call it a "vacation." It's more like working abroad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,585,751 times
Lets see, Bush took a vacation right after 9/11. Bush took a golf vacation while Katrina was slamming the gulf coast. Bush took vacations while Americans were dieing in Iraq by the dozens. Now Obama wants to go home for the holidays and righties are outraged? Wow, just wow.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:36 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,374,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
If the Obamas did the hobo thing, Rush and ilk would talk about how he was disgracing the presidency. Can't win with those folks.
That's what happens when discussion of a man's politics or his policies gets you called RACIST at every turn.

Who disgraced the office? The office holder or those he's supposed to serve?

He's gone beyond redemption of his credibility by HIS actions, not Rush's or mine.

Old 12-21-2010, 04:47 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,471,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
There is no doubt in my mind that people will be delighted to see the pics of the President and his family enjoying those beautiful beaches under the sun, in one of those ultra luxurious environment, and this, while they are home shoveling snow because they can't afford to take their family on vacation anymore, or maybe are housing a relative that has lost his house, if not helping financially a friend whose job has gone away.
I don't find it to be very clever, but that's only me.
That is all the man does, is go on vacation, so I am not surprised at all that he's back at it.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:08 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,040,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
That is all the man does, is go on vacation, so I am not surprised at all that he's back at it.
Its already been posted on this thread how much vacation he has taken since he took office, its less than some of the past POTUS, sooooo............ your point would be?????

Old 12-21-2010, 05:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
I might be biased but in a sense, I preferred George Bush going to his ranch, although I very well know that was sort of a made up thing, it still looked better. What you spell HI is to remote to most people reality.
Also why do people in office that are treated like kings need vacations.
That is beyond me.
You live in Europe, no? HI is not that remote to people in the US. MIddle class US people frequently take Hawaiian vacations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
See above. I misread b/c I was skimming. It happens, I'm human.

And yes, I already saw the link posted previously in this thread.

However, Secret Service goes with him at all times. How much is he paying of that for his personal trips?
Why don't you try to find out? The Secret Service would be working no matter what. Regarding the airfare, if they're all going on one or two planes, so what?

Quote:
The image is different, to most people Hawaii is the vacation of a lifetime.
The trip to Spain was not what you can call a PR success either.
It is not the right time for this.
See my comment to a previous post of yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
In case you haven't noticed, it's expensive to travel to Hawaii. Do you think the Obamas are paying for the lodging for all the Secret Service agents? There's a reason plane tickets are expensive as well...Hawaii is kinda far away from the continental US. I shudder to think of the cost of taking Air Force One over there for a pleasure trip.
Shudder away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I have been around since LBJ although my earliest memories are of Nixon (wonder why I am cynical?).

I have been watching Presidents in earnest since Reagan. One constant is that they all are criticized for their vacations. Last time I looked, these guys are human. And anyone with one iota of intelligence knows that Presidents work during their vacations and will cut them short if need be.

There is plenty to nail Obama on. This is NOT one of them.
I've been around since the Truman presidency. I remember Eisenhower being criticized for his golfing, and he ahd a vacation home within a short drive of DC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench409 View Post
That's what happens when discussion of a man's politics or his policies gets you called RACIST at every turn.

He's gone beyond redemption of his credibility by HIS actions, not Rush's or mine.
Nice play of race card.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:37 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,374,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Nice play of race card.
I played no race card.

The whole deck of race cards was played every time people wished to discuss/debate his inane/insane policies. It diverted the discussion/debate very effectively.

You KNOW it, I KNOW it, and the public KNOWS it.

But some can't admit it.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:44 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,096,515 times
What Katiana said!! ^^^

Old 12-21-2010, 08:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,894,993 times
Quote:
I played no race card.

The whole deck of race cards was played every time people wished to discuss/debate his inane/insane policies. It diverted the discussion/debate very effectively.

You KNOW it, I KNOW it, and the public KNOWS it.

But some can't admit it.
You know, it's funny you say that. I've felt that way with all this wailing and gnashing of teeth over Obama doing things that EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT has done, starting with the pre-inaugural parties. I recall some dipstick on FOX saying they should have given that money to the poor. Even Jesus said the poor will always be with us and it's OK to spend money on other things once in a while. His night out with Michelle in NYC (when he was barely gone from DC for 24 hours, and was fulfilling a campaign promise he made to her); his presiding over an annual picnic (get the point here, it was something ongoing) fir congressional families, every frickin' vacation AND overseas business trip, etc, etc, etc.

However, no one brough up race in this thread for 91 posts, which is certainly an improvement. However, post #92 played the race card again.

Old 12-21-2010, 08:19 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,312,355 times
Quote:

Please, don't make me laugh with your outrage.

George W. Bush Jr. LIED to the whole damn world and persuaded this country to get into a war in Iraq that cost about 4,000 lives, tens of thousands wounded and who knows how many dead innocent Iraqi civilians and you want to about "Beyond redemption of his credibility".

What a load of self-righteous horsesh*t.

We won't even discuss the additional one trillion dollars and counting it cost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies