Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 02:34 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I think it is offensive to think you believe this world owes you. How many of these "liberated" nations actually asked us to liberate them? Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan? How dare those over a million dead and wounded Iraqi civilians not show some appreciation for the United States blowing their families and lives to pieces in order to chase down a handful of terrorist. Do the Iranian people owe us for our role in overthrowing their democratically elected government in order to install an oppressive dictator?

The days of WWII where nations fought on battlefields is over and with those by gone days went the nation verses nation which has been replaced by this good verses evil ignorant crap that self absorbed egocentric hyper-patriotic types like the Nazi's of old worship.

I'm insulted by your sense of self absorbed entitlement you hold with almost religious fervor. American exceptionalism, the house of God in the 21st Century.
A very poor post you made. I never claimed that the world "owes me." Why are you putting words in my mouth/making untrue allegations?

Do you realize how many Iraqis were killed when Saddam was in power?

I am insulted by you being anti-American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2010, 02:39 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,834,015 times
We are bad, they are good, listen to Obama, he knows best.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:41 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
A very poor post you made. I never claimed that the world "owes me." Why are you putting words in my mouth/making untrue allegations?

Do you realize how many Iraqis were killed when Saddam was in power?

I am insulted by you being anti-American.
Oh wahh, here is a tissue then to dry those crocodile tears. Anti-American, oy vey. Yeah, when my accountant says I need to put back more each quarter for my taxes, or audits my financial structuring in a way that isn't beneficial to my personal account, I yell at her for being anti-business and having a grudge against me.

Save your jingoistic hyper-patriotic nonsense for the circle of back patters and self adulators, I hear the spring beige uniforms are going to be quite nice this season.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Oh wahh, here is a tissue then to dry those crocodile tears. Anti-American, oy vey. Yeah, when my accountant says I need to put back more each quarter for my taxes, or audits my financial structuring in a way that isn't beneficial to my personal account, I yell at her for being anti-business and having a grudge against me.

Save your jingoistic hyper-patriotic nonsense for the circle of back patters and self adulators, I hear the spring beige uniforms are going to be quite nice this season.
Of course, you didn't reply to the facts I posted. Just an attack directed toward me. I'm not surprised.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:46 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
Once you see "anti-American" being thrown around in a debate, you know someone has lost an argument... and it wasn't TN.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:53 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Of course, you didn't reply to the facts I posted. Just an attack directed toward me. I'm not surprised.
Oh for Petes sake, quit your crying. You didn't post facts related to the OP, you took one line I said in a post and ran with it personally.

I said,
Quote:
Or maybe it is that the world cannot trust us.
You replied,
Quote:
I think what you said is very offensive to Americans.
My point is that you find it offensive that I suggested other people and nations MIGHT not trust us. I didn't say they did or didn't. You got your britches in a bind and went off on some tangent about being offended and calling it anti-American because I suggest that other people might not see the world as you do.

I guess in order to be a "real" American, I'm supposed to tote the line, sing the slogans and cheer the leader. Whether I feel it right or wrong. Since you are among those that incessantly carry on in this forum about the evils and ills of this President and constantly drone on about how this country is being ruined, then to get self righteous when I suggest others might see us in a different light.

Nothing is more dangerous to a country than a nation of yes men.

Old 12-23-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Oh for Petes sake, quit your crying. You didn't post facts related to the OP, you took one line I said in a post and ran with it personally.
Who's crying? I was just (rightly) defending the U.S., whom accepts more immigrants than any other country on earth and whom gives aid (food and money) than any other country on earth.

Quote:
I said,

You replied,

My point is that you find it offensive that I suggested other people and nations MIGHT not trust us. I didn't say they did or didn't. You got your britches in a bind and went off on some tangent about being offended and calling it anti-American because I suggest that other people might not see the world as you do.
I'm sure plenty others see it as offensive. I am far from being the only one. Why didn't you say "other people and nations might not trust us" in the first place?

Quote:
I guess in order to be a "real" American, I'm supposed to tote the line, sing the slogans and cheer the leader. Whether I feel it right or wrong. Since you are among those that incessantly carry on in this forum about the evils and ills of this President and constantly drone on about how this country is being ruined, then to get self righteous when I suggest others might see us in a different light.
You may try praising the United States of America. And are glad that you live in the most generous country in the world and are thankful you are an American.

Quote:
Nothing is more dangerous to a country than a nation of yes men.
I agree. Do you know any "yes men?"

Old 12-23-2010, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
Once you see "anti-American" being thrown around in a debate, you know someone has lost an argument... and it wasn't TN.
Not true because there are definitely anti-Americans. Not necessarily the TN (although he has a strange way of showing that he is proud of his country).

Old 12-23-2010, 03:26 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Why hasn't anyone opposed to the Treaty responded to any comments about Reagan pushing for and Bush 41 ultimately signing the first Start Treaty in 1991?

Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,242,684 times
There's no reasoning with the paranoid right wing arm chair warriors. They're the first to wave the flag and call for war and the last to go. The military never has enough money, bombs, bullets, billion dollar planes according to them but when it comes to paying for it they start whining about taxes. Everyone who doesn't bend over and let America rape, pillage and plunder their resources is a terrorist. The military will bankrupt this country as surely as it did the Soviet Union. Yes, we need a military; no we don't need the bloated monstrosity that's sucking the life out of us. Billion dollar bombers and other military pork barrels, do not make us safer as 19 hijackers with $9. box cutters proved. Let's stop looking for pretexts for war and find some pretexts for peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies