Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 02:23 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,550,376 times

Advertisements

U.S. Poised to Approve Nuclear Arms Pact With Russia - FoxNews.com

Can someone please tell me about a time when we could ever fully trust the Russians?? Please tell me!!

They have at least 12,000 / We currently have 9,000!! WHO NEEDS TO DO THE REDUCING HERE????

And with China always flexing their muscle, Iran, North Korean and Pakistan acting up, how is this the time to de-power ourselves???? How is this the time to has less protection or deterent????

THIS IS INSANE!! this congress is trying to stick it to this country because we threw them out!! A these liberal Republicans like Graham, Snow and Brown have got to go!!! \\

The Russian Prez is laughing about something...I wonder what it could be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 02:27 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

Can someone please tell me about a time when we could ever fully trust the Russians?? Please tell me!!

They have at least 12,000 / We currently have 9,000!! WHO NEEDS TO DO THE REDUCING HERE????

And with China always flexing their muscle, Iran, North Korean and Pakistan acting up, how is this the time to de-power ourselves???? How is this the time to has less protection or deterent????

THIS IS INSANE!! this congress is trying to stick it to this country because we threw them out!! A these liberal Republicans like Graham, Snow and Brown have got to go!!! \\

You do realize that this Policy and Treaty started in 1991 under the first Bush and was originally proposed by Reagan correct? Also the fact that this is basically renewing the treaty that expired last year??

Old 12-22-2010, 02:43 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,017,162 times
Actually, this treaty is much more disadvantageous to the Russians since they have much weaker conventional military considering the hordes of NATO bases encircling them, plus the 'missile defense' Obama just gave green light to which strictly geared at being beefed up in the future to support a first strike against Russia not Iran as claimed, PLUS $90 billion IN THE BILL to 'modernize' the US nuclear arsenal. They are showing good will by signing it, not us. If I were them I wouldn't touch this treaty at all as the only way to keep NATO (which is actually mostly US's proxy) at bay would be concrete promise of thousands of nukes launched.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:04 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,509,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You do realize that this Policy and Treaty started in 1991 under the first Bush and was originally proposed by Reagan correct? Also the fact that this is basically renewing the treaty that expired last year??
So that makes it right?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:08 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Default `

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
So that makes it right?
It actually is a good treaty, but my point was to show the op, the thing he is actually slamming Obama and the liberals for, is a continuation of policy and a treaty put forth by Reagan and Bush 1.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:14 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,076,013 times
This should never be ratified by a lame duck congress and there's absolutely no reason to push it through so quickly.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:31 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
This should never be ratified by a lame duck congress and there's absolutely no reason to push it through so quickly.
I think it's critical. The republicans are overwhelming against it. Why in the world they would want to add more risk to national security is outrageous. Also a side note to OP, if you want factual information, use pretty much anyone but fox.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:40 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Russian Treaties honored = zero.

Nuff said.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:50 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
It should be debated and discussed. The democrats don't want that. There must be a reason. Look to who controls that party and it's politics.

Something this important needs to be done right, not rammed through by politicians who will no longer be in office. The method being used to get this passed is what this administration has used from the get go - fear, lies, push push push.

It stinks (as the O care and other bills) of something hidden that no one knows about until it's too late.

The next 20 years or more will be spent recovering and undoing damages from this college professor 'president' has done to America.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:58 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post

First of all...have you actually read it? If not, go here. Read the treaty, and it's protocol's, then come back and let us know what you find so dangerous or offensive about it:

The New START Treaty and Protocol | The White House

Secondly, whether or not you trust the Russian's isn't an issue because the protocol's specifically lay the verification procedures and I'd like you tell me why you think they won't work.

Thirdly, how many nuclear weapons do you think we need? How many is enough? When fully implemented over the next 7 years, it will leave both sides with more than 3000 warheads. Please explain why you think we need more.

Fourthly, if this treaty is not ratified, there is a very high likelihood of another US/Russia arms race and I'd really be interested in seeing how the GOP would propose to pay for that when they just got elected on a promise to reduce spending and cut the deficit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies