Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 09:24 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,960,105 times

Advertisements

Woman arrested at ABIA after refusing enhanced pat down | kvue.com | Austin, Texas News | KVUE | Austin, TX | Breaking News

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Texas
Hirschkind said because of the [pacemaker-type] device in her body, she was led to a female TSA employee and three Austin police officers. She says she was told she was going to be patted down.
"I turned to the police officer and said, 'I have given no due cause to give up my constitutional rights. You can wand me,'" and they said, 'No, you have to do this,'" she said.
Hirschkind agreed to the pat down, but on one condition.
"I told them, 'No, I'm not going to have my breasts felt,' and she said, 'Yes, you are,'" said Hirschkind.
When Hirschkind refused, she says that "the police actually pushed me to the floor, (and) handcuffed me. I was crying by then. They drug me 25 yards across the floor in front of the whole security."
An ABIA spokesman says it is TSA policy that anyone activating a security alarm has two options. One is to opt out and not fly, and the other option is to subject themselves to an enhanced pat down. Hirschkind refused both and was arrested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 09:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Well, as yet no court has held the TSA policy to be unconstitutional, and at this point anyone who hasn't heard that it is quite possible to be bodily search, in my opinion is asserting their opinion and no constitutional right that I can think of.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:42 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
If she'da had a bomb, that'da been a good time to detonate.

She obviously fit the profile.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:46 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Is no one concerned about the loss of our freedom?

Old 12-26-2010, 09:47 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Is no one concerned about the loss of our freedom?
People seem to enjoy being looked after.

And under.

And into.

A lot of people had trouble passing tests in their life, and probably "feel delighted" to be able to pass the TSA tests.

I'm thinking it might be some kinda Patriot High.

Old 12-26-2010, 09:54 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
On Edit: It isn't that I think that TSA's policies are right or even efficacious, its just as an African American male who when he was younger has had the wondrous(sic) experience of being the subject of a number of so-called Terry Stops so I find it funny when the greater population gets all hot and bothered about having the privilege to enjoy what other citizens have been privileged to enjoy for years.

Just as an illustration, in 2008 I had the opportunity to attend an $25,000 per person Obama fund raiser (no I was giving up that kind of cash but I was invited by the host). Needless to say, everyone there, except me of course, was a multimillionaire, but what I found, again, perversely amusing that none of the invitees had the slightest idea on how to "assume the position" when going through the Secret Service check point, except those, shall we say, of color.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:02 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,888 times
OMG someone touches our breast wow the trauma!!!!!! WOW how can we live after that??? Every single day recalling that traumatic event when some TSA touched us Having nightmares about it OMG NO NO NO. I cant live like that, no therapy would be enough to get over such life changing, traumatic event.

i'm being sarcastic of course. If some lesbo decides to enjoy herself, big ****ing deal. rather have that than Mrs Muhammad hide a bomb in her precious, virgin chest

Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Woman arrested at ABIA after refusing enhanced pat down | kvue.com | Austin, Texas News | KVUE | Austin, TX | Breaking News

Austin-Bergstrom International Airport - Texas
Hirschkind said because of the [pacemaker-type] device in her body, she was led to a female TSA employee and three Austin police officers. She says she was told she was going to be patted down.
"I turned to the police officer and said, 'I have given no due cause to give up my constitutional rights. You can wand me,'" and they said, 'No, you have to do this,'" she said.
Hirschkind agreed to the pat down, but on one condition.
"I told them, 'No, I'm not going to have my breasts felt,' and she said, 'Yes, you are,'" said Hirschkind.
When Hirschkind refused, she says that "the police actually pushed me to the floor, (and) handcuffed me. I was crying by then. They drug me 25 yards across the floor in front of the whole security."
An ABIA spokesman says it is TSA policy that anyone activating a security alarm has two options. One is to opt out and not fly, and the other option is to subject themselves to an enhanced pat down. Hirschkind refused both and was arrested.

The terrorists have won.
I am ashamed to be call myself an American now after watching my fellow country men surrender their freedoms without a whimper cause they are scared little rabbits.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:13 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,888 times
no one is forcing you to fly, drive if your breast virginity is THAT important

Old 12-26-2010, 10:14 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
OMG someone touches our breast wow the trauma!!!!!! WOW how can we live after that??? Every single day recalling that traumatic event when some TSA touched us Having nightmares about it OMG NO NO NO. I cant live like that, no therapy would be enough to get over such life changing, traumatic event.

i'm being sarcastic of course. If some lesbo decides to enjoy herself, big ****ing deal. rather have that than Mrs Muhammad hide a bomb in her precious, virgin chest
The loss of freedoms and security of one's person is the big ****ing deal.

Your cowardice is spitting on the graves of the 100's of thousands of Americans that have died defending your right to be a cowardly surrender monkey.

Grab my junk and they will get a knuckle sandwich for their efforts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies