Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 10:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hialeah_Rules View Post
when was the last time you took a flight? I took one a week ago and I wasn't treated like a criminal.
You must be one of those liberals, who believe that once everything's been legalized, there will be no more crime.

By the way, smoking pot is not a crime. (No injured party)

Having your 4th Amendment rights violated, however, is.

A crime, that is!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 10:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
I dont think you went to war to protect my not so virgin breasts. I travelled to other countries and have had those patdowns numerous times. They are gonna be careful in this country cause we are a nation of whiners and neuronics. It's not the end of the world, it's not rape, it's not traumatic.
Remember that in a year or so when body cavity searches are added to the TSA routine.

Quote:
Loss of freedom seldom happens overnight. Oppression doesn't stand on the doorstep with toothbrush moustache and swastika armband -- it creeps up insidiously... step by step, and all of a sudden the unfortunate citizen realizes that it is gone. Lane, Baron
When you are ready to finally say NO, it will be too late

Old 12-26-2010, 10:56 PM

810 posts, read 1,579,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I think that some woman might disagree with that. Some women are very modest and might feel violated. It's really very subjective. You make no sense. I'm not talking about the 9-11 tragedy. I am saying that there was already a procedure in place that seemed to work since there were obviously no other attacks since 9-11. So why bring the gropers into the process?
I wish that some terrorist would find a way to hide some bombs in their nutsac and get through the gropers just to prove that they are really just wasting our time.
and there were no attacks before 9-10-10. it doesn't mean the system was perfect. And no I don't enjoy it but I'm not a crybaby or neurotic biatch who has nothing better to do that pretend her breasts are the center of the universe. There are worst things happening in doctor's offices, drive if your breast virginity is that important.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Remember that in a year or so when body cavity searches are added to the TSA routine.

When you are ready to finally say NO, it will be too late
bla, bla, bla

I'll say no, when it's worth saying no. A patdown, give me a freaking break. We are not only a nation of whiners but paranoia nation.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:58 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,540,763 times
Quote:
and there were no attacks before 9-10-10. it doesn't mean the system was perfect. And no I don't enjoy it but I'm not a crybaby or neurotic biatch who has nothing better to do that pretend her breasts are the center of the universe. There are worst things happening in doctor's offices, drive if your breast virginity is that important.
You need to stop looking down at your breasts and look up at the freedoms lost, surrendered like scared little children.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You need to stop looking down at your breasts and look up at the freedoms lost, surrendered like scared little children.
What freedoms? this topic is about TSA procedures, don't change the topic. I will rebel against something else, but a freaking patdown. nah.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:00 PM

33,559 posts, read 37,155,629 times
The whole scenario was goofy...Why not just not allow the woman on the flight?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,929,235 times
Quote:
when was the last time you took a flight? I took one a week ago and I wasn't treated like a criminal.
I took one today and security was a non-event. No groping or nude scans ... something of an anti-climax really.

But, seriously, the security is getting over the top. The TSA is forever guarding against yesterday's attack, not the one tomorrow. Now, I understand that they have a budget to spend and if they don't spend it then it will probably get cut. So that means fancier machines and they have to find a way to get people to use the machines and the nude scan, in my view, is preferable to getting groped.

But, if the threat of attack is so imminent, why are we not guarding all public places the way we are guarding airports? Do we really think that the terrorists are so stupid that they are going to focus on the most heavily guarded targets? In Europe, they went after commuter trains and subways so what is the TSA doing to protect commuters? And there are a lot more of them than there are people taking flights.

If there was any kind of consistency at the TSA I could have some sympathy for them. But there is not and there will never be. That is because the task of "protecting" us all is way beyond their means. So this over-the-top security at airports ends up being meaningless in the broader scheme of things. Of course, there should be security .... but lets get a sense of proportion about how much we need.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The whole scenario was goofy...Why not just not allow the woman on the flight?
cause they clearly said they won't allow anyone. It was all over the news.

She just wanted camera time, this incidents happen quite often in boring states like Texas where people have nothing better to do than go after their 15 minutes of fame.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:06 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I took one today and security was a non-event. No groping or nude scans ... something of an anti-climax really.

But, seriously, the security is getting over the top. The TSA is forever guarding against yesterday's attack, not the one tomorrow. Now, I understand that they have a budget to spend and if they don't spend it then it will probably get cut. So that means fancier machines and they have to find a way to get people to use the machines and the nude scan, in my view, is preferable to getting groped.

But, if the threat of attack is so imminent, why are we not guarding all public places the way we are guarding airports? .
How come they're not guarding people's private places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies