Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2010, 09:38 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maja
So it is a "vacation."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana

It is a working vacation. Quit twisting my words. Where would you suggest he go, you did not answer that question.
I don't know, if he's "working," perhaps the oval office?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-30-2010 at 10:11 PM.. Reason: Fixed the quote coding
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2010, 09:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
^^^Please fix the above post to reflect what I said. I do not want your posts attributed to me. If you don't know how to do that, don't quote me. Thank you.

I take it you don't think the pres should take a vacation. Did you read the link I posted about previous president's vacations, going back to George Washington?

Old 12-30-2010, 09:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Quote:
If it weren't Obama, you wouldn't have a damn thing to say about it, would you?
I don't know, didn't Jimmy Carter hang out with his bro "Billy? C'mon. That part of the post was kind of a joke...
Would you have hung out with Billy Carter, brother or not?

Quote:
And, yes I would take issue with any president, who during this present economic crisis the country is in, would be taking vacations seen on "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous." He should tone it down a bit and set a better example for the rest of the country for whom he supposedly has empathy.
He is hardly living in the lap of luxury on Oahu. Should he be hanging out with the gangstas in Kalihi?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:04 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana
Where would you suggest for a working vacation spot in December?
So it is a "vacation."
Everyone in Washington has gone back to their hometown for the holidays, but Obama is supposed to stay there????

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 12-30-2010 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: Fixed quoted text

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,995,350 times
Default No Level Of Shame For The WH Crew !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Add 200 million per day on his last trip and I would say he has broke the bank this year with the spending on vacations.

I believe he needs a vacation but not every other month and not spending millions of dollars at the time when the economy is worse then any time since the depression.

I do not mind him taken a vacation with his family but this spending and amount of vacations is way over the line.

People living in tents and going hungry and he goes and spends millions on a vacation.

His judgment is very poor to say the least.
Sunny-Days90 !!! ... Agreed !

Indeed ... How absolutely pathetic HO & crew have become !!!!

America these days !!!

Thanks Y'ALL / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 12-30-2010, 10:14 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,431,214 times
That 200 million a day figure was proven to be totally wrong a long time ago. But, the people who want to complain and find fault still bring it up.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:27 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
There is a nice slide show of behind the scenes pictures from the last two years. Some very nice family pictures.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:30 PM

545 posts, read 400,574 times
I see this all the time.

Whenever a wealthy conservative or anyone on the right spends their money, the left freaks out about them being elite, rich, fat cats that don't understand the working class struggle...or that money could be used to feed the poor...blah, blah, blah.

But let any beloved left-wing figure spends their money on a lifestyle that borders on royalty and its all good with them....."he deserves it"....."he earned it"....and my favorite "its his money, he can spend it the way he please"

I can't buy a Mercedes without some liberal telling me I need to spend that money to help the "poor" or I need "give back to society"... how "materialistic" I am for wanting a nice care..but their favorite liberal leaders get to take million dollar vacations and its all good.

Last edited by EricGold; 12-30-2010 at 10:39 PM..

Old 12-30-2010, 10:44 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Not here. Been several times. But many, many, many people around the country won't be going this year. Time for "tightening the belt," I believe were Obama's words when he was campaigning. But...that was then, I guess. His britches have gotten bigger, but then so has his ego.
Nah, that has been discussed to death already and there is no other realistic reason to be upset by this.

Just becasue many many many people aren't going anywhere doesn't mean many many many others won't be. It would actually be cheaper for me to go to Hawaii than to NYC.

He was right to take his family to Hawaii for Christmas and anyone complaining about that is covering for something else.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:56 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nah, that has been discussed to death already and there is no other realistic reason to be upset by this.

Just becasue many many many people aren't going anywhere doesn't mean many many many others won't be. It would actually be cheaper for me to go to Hawaii than to NYC.

He was right to take his family to Hawaii for Christmas and anyone complaining about that is covering for something else.
You have a Ouji board or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies