Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2010, 09:25 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Add 200 million per day on his last trip and I would say he has broke the bank this year with the spending on vacations.
Have anything factual to support the urban myth allegation of a $200 million/day trip?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
NOT on somebody else's dime. That's not free market capitalism, thats leeching and sucking on the taxpayer.
So, do you also whine about CEOs taking posh vacations as part of their compensation package or do you reserve that for your bash Obama about everything posts?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:35 AM

57 posts, read 172,709 times
I can put an end to this thread real fast.

it dosent matter if you have a republican in office right now or a democrat. both will have to spend money to get the economy on track. If you can tell me how a president is supposed to create a job without financing, then so be it.

btw. the employement rate when bush left was at 8% and he had republicans all in control. only since obama is in office is when the dems had control.

Here is a list of speakers to verify that
List of Speakers of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that way you can't tell me to check facts. we have been in republican contrul since 1995. bill clintons second term. in which everything slowly started to crack. I dont think i need to say much more about it.

Obama is a scape goat if anything. You are knocking a president that has done everything he said he was going to do. name presidents thta have done that. bush spent out of control. people don't know facts. Dont bring up the clinton houseing bill because bush should have monitored that and didnt. or should i say the entire republican party since they were in control. so basically the republicans have been in control during this whole crisis. so why vote them back in. the two years the werent in control, stuff got done? i guess all the republicans of course will say no i am wrong, but im basing this on facts. Obama has stalled the process, good for him! He created jobs, did health care and alot of other stuff.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:43 AM

78,438 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Texture_Guy View Post

it dosent matter if you have a republican in office right now or a democrat. both will have to spend money to get the economy on track. If you can tell me how a president is supposed to create a job without financing, then so be it.

btw. the employement rate when bush left was at 8% and he had republicans all in control. only since obama is in office is when the dems had control.

List of Speakers of the United States House of Representatives - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that way you can't tell me to check facts. we have been in republican contrul since 1995. bill clintons second term. in which everything slowly started to crack. I dont think i need to say much more about it.

Obama is a scape goat if anything. You are knocking a president that has done everything he said he was going to do. name presidents thta have done that. bush spent out of control. people don't know facts. Dont bring up the clinton houseing bill because bush should have monitored that and didnt. or should i say the entire republican party since they were in control. so basically the republicans have been in control during this whole crisis. so why vote them back in. the two years the werent in control, stuff got done? i guess all the republicans of course will say no i am wrong, but im basing this on facts. Obama has stalled the process, good for him! He created jobs, did health care and alot of other stuff.
Don't forget my fries like last time.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:48 AM

57 posts, read 172,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Don't forget my fries like last time.

not sure what that joke is because i didnt read the other 6 pages after my first post last night.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:53 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, do you also whine about CEOs taking posh vacations as part of their compensation package or do you reserve that for your bash Obama about everything posts?
Obviously they are spending their own money.

Quote:

I doubt that, but let's play.

The government doesn't create jobs, as we have seen in the last two years with the Failed Stimulus. The government CAN create the environment that is conducive to job creation, through tax breaks, less regulatory red tape, rules for business and just plain getting out of the way.

See, I knew the premise of your thread was defective. The democrats took over BOTH chambers of congress in 2006 election. You didn't know this? Before that, between 2001 and 2007, Bush had the House, but the Senate toggled between both parties.....you didn't know that either, right?

You're right, you shouldn't say much more about it, since you are wrong. I take it you don't know about the Senate? You don't know there is TWO chambers of Congress. See post above.

Obama is a scape goat if anything. You are knocking a president that has done everything he said he was going to do. name presidents thta have done that. bush spent out of control. people don't know facts.

You're right, you don't know the facts. The democrats, since they took congress of BOTH chamber of congress in 2007, have increased the debt by 60+% with their out of control spending. When the dems took over in 2007, the debt was $8.5 Trillion, now it is $14 Trillion, the UE rate was 4.4%, now it is almost 10%, the deficit was $161 Billion, now it is $1.5 Trillion. Those are facts you don't know and can't escape.

Dont bring up the clinton houseing bill because bush should have monitored that and didnt. or should i say the entire republican party since they were in control. so basically the republicans have been in control during this whole crisis. so why vote them back in. the two years the werent in control, stuff got done?

Like the most unpopular entitlement program that was shoved down our throats, against the will of the American people?

i guess all the republicans of course will say no i am wrong, but im basing this on facts. Obama has stalled the process, good for him! He created jobs, did health care and alot of other stuff.
Sorry, but your facts and timelines are wrong.

Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Obviously they are spending their own money.
Obviously you've never heard of Dennis Kozlowski and others of his ilk as you obviously don't know many execs are alloted a certain amount of company jet time for personal use as well as the use of company properties. What's truly obvious is your compulsion to whine about Obama, nothing else.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Obviosly you've never heard of Dennis Kozlowski and others of his ilk
Wow. What a desperate reach here.

This thread is about his heinous and his thirst for spending money for his own pleasure that is not his. For his arrogance and selfishness for taking away SS/security from their families at Xmas AND New Years.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
not sure what that joke is because i didnt read the other 6 pages after my first post last night.
i dont not kno. i still trying to figger out how we havin RePubLician contrul sance 1995 whens the Senate are democrat durin part of that time.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Wow. What a desperate reach here.

This thread is about his heinous and his thirst for spending money for his own pleasure that is not his. For his arrogance and selfishness for taking away SS/security from their families at Xmas AND New Years.
If you keep talking about Obama's heinous you are going to get this thread moved to the relationship forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies