Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So fricken what? I never said there was anything wrong with it I was disputing the fact that you said he LIVED in DC.. He is NOT a resident of DC.. He is a resident of Illinois.. Thats how he votes in Illinois..

I live in Ohio, my residency is out of PA though.. You are the one who clearly said that the White House is the presidents HOME.. it is NOT.. its more like a hotel stay while they are in DC.. Again I'm not criticizing so I'm not sure why you keep asking "so what".. I said it was FACTUAL that Obama lives in Chicago.. PERIOD.. Has he even returned to his home?

I'm not criticizing Obama.. I said it COSTS MORE to travel to Hawaii and not return home, and comparing his vacations to the Bush vacations which involved GOING HOME, not a fair comparison. The security costs of going home, where its already safe and being watched, thereby not needing a full force sent prior to secure the area is cheaper.. PERIOD..

You are so set on arguing with anyone who mentions Obama that you cant even admit the costs are higher then clearly they would have to be.. Hell I didnt even criticize him and you are on defense mode.. thats pretty sad...
Cut the personal attack, pgh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 02:04 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Maybe the president gets "government rates."

Old 01-01-2011, 02:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Cut the personal attack, pgh.
Thats not a personal attack.. You are the one who accused me of attacking Obama when I wasnt...
Quote:
You are criticizing Obama while you say you aren't, just to make it OK that Bush took extensive trips, vacations, whatever you want to call them, to Texas.
For the record.. yes going HOME is not a vacation.. It only became classified as a vacation to justify the extensive ones which Democrats seem to take everytime they get into office.

Last edited by pghquest; 01-01-2011 at 02:20 PM..

Old 01-01-2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Thats not a personal attack.. You are the one who accused me of attacking Obama when I wasnt...

For the record.. yes going HOME is ok..
Attacking Obama is different from attacking another poster. Calling a poster "sad" is inappropriate and rude.

I still do not understand from any of you RWs why a pres has to go where pgh has defined as "home", e.g. where s/he is registered to vote, before a vacation is OK.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:21 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
George Walker Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut
I hope you got a birth certificate that proves this pardner.

Old 01-01-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Someone just got PWNed. --70Ford
I find it humorous that the very same individuals (i.e. the left) claims Obamas home is the USA even though he wasnt raised here, but then say Bush's home isnt Texas, even though he was..

Old 01-01-2011, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I find it humorous that the very same individuals (i.e. the left) claims Obamas home is the USA even though he wasnt raised here, but then say Bush's home isnt Texas, even though he was..
I don't think anyone is disputing that Bush's home is Texas. I believe you were the one who said he was born and raised there. His family moved there when he was two. He went to high school in New England, also college. He has a number of places he could call "home". I find it odd that you seem to think a president should never take a personal trip to anywhere but "home".

George W. Bush

Old 01-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Attacking Obama is different from attacking another poster. Calling a poster "sad" is inappropriate and rude.
I didnt attack you, I attacked your defense of Obama when no one is attacking him sad..
Quote:
I still do not understand from any of you RWs why a pres has to go where pgh has defined as "home", e.g. where s/he is registered to vote, before a vacation is OK.
There is nothing wrong with questioning the costs associated with travel and who will pay those costs. Left wingers attacked Bush for going home as well..
Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During

Now all of a sudden we shouldnt discuss these expenses?

Old 01-01-2011, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Fact: Georgie Bush was intellectually UN-curious. He had never traveled much outside the US mainland...didn't even make it to Vietnam.......he mostly hid out in Texas which is NOT his home.
Thats what started my whole discussion
Quote:
I believe you were the one who said he was born and raised there. His family moved there when he was two. He went to high school in New England, also college. He has a number of places he could call "home".
Going to college in another state doesnt change your home no different than going to the White House does..
Quote:
I find it odd that you seem to think a president should never take a personal trip to anywhere but "home".
I never said that.. I said there is a difference between going on vacation, and going home.. Its the left who wants to classify going "home" as a vacation.. It is not..

If you want to compare the number of days ON VACATION, then you dont count the days they go home.. doing so is just silly, but that doesnt stop the left.

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-01-2011 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Please discuss the topic, not each other.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:06 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Texas is indeed Bush's home. How could anyone think otherwise?

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 01-01-2011 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: Edited out reference to deleted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies