Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 07:13 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times

Advertisements

I am curious if the Obamas were paying their own way, would Michelle have opted to travel a few days before her husband at a cost of an additional $63,000? Or would they somehow have managed to coordinate their schedules and travel together, saving that additional cost of sixty three thousand dollars?

And what about that 20 caravan motorcade described above for BO to visit his friend? If he were paying for that out of his own pocket, would he have thought to invite the friend to come and visit him instead and saved a "few bucks?"

Just curious. Probably wouldn't even think about this, if it weren't for the incredible financial crisis the entire country is suffering and the hardships so many Americans are facing with the resulting tough decisions having to be made.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 07:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
I am curious if the Obamas were paying their own way, would Michelle have opted to travel a few days before her husband at a cost of an additional $63,000? Or would they somehow have managed to coordinate their schedules and travel together, saving that additional cost of sixty three thousand dollars?

And what about that 20 caravan motorcade described above for BO to visit his friend? If he were paying for that out of his own pocket, would he have thought to invite the friend to come and visit him instead and saved a "few bucks?"

Just curious. Probably wouldn't even think about this, if it weren't for the incredible financial crisis the entire country is suffering and the hardships so many Americans are facing with the resulting tough decisions having to be made.
There's always some crisis, people suffering hardships, etc. Always a reason to criticize the president when you don't like him.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
I do admire the Queen of England. She cancelled her Christmas party; said it wouldn't look good with so many people not working and going through hardship.

Now THAT sends a large message that she understands what's going on with the working people.

Obama could have sent a huge unspoken message to American people had he done something similar. But he didn't.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I do admire the Queen of England. She cancelled her Christmas party; said it wouldn't look good with so many people not working and going through hardship.

Now THAT sends a large message that she understands what's going on with the working people.

Obama could have sent a huge unspoken message to American people had he done something similar. But he didn't.
See...this is what i can't stand. Dithering around a topic.

Why not just be real about it instead of meandering? You don't like Obama, and there is nothing he could have done vacation-wise short of dropping dead that would have made you happy. Why not just SAY that instead of talking around it. Anybody with half a brain can figure this out if they read enough posts.

If the President had taken no vacation at all, there would be something negative to be extracted out of that too. And most surely, you'd find it.

Just say you hate the man, nothing he could do can satisfy you no matter what he does, and leave it at that. Geez.

Old 01-01-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
See...this is what i can't stand. Dithering around a topic.

Why not just be real about it instead of meandering? You don't like Obama, and there is nothing he could have done vacation-wise short of dropping dead that would have made you happy. Why not just SAY that instead of talking around it. Anybody with half a brain can figure this out if they read enough posts.

If the President had taken no vacation at all, there would be something negative to be extracted out of that too. And most surely, you'd find it.

Just say you hate the man, nothing he could do can satisfy you no matter what he does, and leave it at that. Geez.
I don't hate the man. I don't care for his politics, didn't vote for him and don't ever plan to vote for him. But I don't hate him.
He lives oblivious to what is going on in America.

I don't take politics to one extreme or the other like many here on C-D do.

You've defended him for 2 years and you have 2 more years to go.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,277,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
There's always some crisis, people suffering hardships, etc. Always a reason to criticize the president when you don't like him.
WOW! "always some crisis..." Are you really minimizing what our country is going through right now??? Is that what you are telling all the people who are unemployed, who have lost their homes, who have lost most of their savings and have given up the hope of ever retiring... That is unbelievably callous. I wonder if that is how our president justifies his "lifestyle of the rich and famous" vacation? How absolutely out of touch that sounds. Oh well, I guess the attitude is, "Let them eat cake!"

Old 01-01-2011, 09:13 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
WOW! "always some crisis..." Are you really minimizing what our country is going through right now??? Is that what you are telling all the people who are unemployed, who have lost their homes, who have lost most of their savings and have given up the hope of ever retiring... That is unbelievably callous. I wonder if that is how our president justifies his "lifestyle of the rich and famous" vacation? How absolutely out of touch that sounds. Oh well, I guess the attitude is, "Let them eat cake!"

so everyone lucky enough to have more money than an unemployed person should give up their lifestyle so they have solidarity with people less fortunate?

Old 01-01-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so everyone lucky enough to have more money than an unemployed person should give up their lifestyle so they have solidarity with people less fortunate?
Remember that next time people chant "tax the rich" to pay for all of America's problems.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
But you're ok with taking money from the "rich" and giving it to the "poor"?

If this were JUST obama's money you might have a point, but since the taxpayer is footing the bill, it matters.

Old 01-01-2011, 09:31 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,036,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
But you're ok with taking money from the "rich" and giving it to the "poor"?

If this were JUST obama's money you might have a point, but since the taxpayer is footing the bill, it matters.
I never said anything about giving rich people's money to the poor. this thread is about obama and a vacation. he is still on the clock and I could care less about the cost. if I am gonna worry about what cost the taxpaper it would be more along the lines of what the war is costing not a few weeks in a big house on the bay in oahu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies