Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2011, 11:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times

Advertisements

OOOOHHHH, the Jealousy!!!!!

Yup, gonna play the Repug's Jealousy card...you know, if you don't like someone it's automatically "jealousy"....so here they are ...writhing in jealousy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2011, 11:04 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I did "google" the "Bush family and Boca Grande" business ..... you should do the same. Not a single mention of George Bush at Boca Grande while he was President - in fact, just the opposite.

From Barbara Bush's book, Reflections: Life After the White House - she tells that they tried a trip to Boca Grande when George Bush was President elect in 2000 and realized it would never work.

People magazine did an article about how the President George Bush spends Christmas and time at the 1500 acre Crawford Ranch

The Bush family is very large, they spend Christmas together and NOW get together again between Christmas and New Years in Florida. George and Laura Bush always spent Christmas in Texas when he was Governor and spent Christmas at the White House or Camp David as President - his father did the same thing. The Hillbuzz report shows that most Presidents stay close to Washington for Christmas day and then take a trip - President Bush always went to his Crawford Ranch. It was an easy choice because it accommodates Secret Service, Presidential aids, guests and reporters. The ranch is secure, the compound is large and offices are available for work.

It's all about "choice" - the Obama family chooses to rent a compound as opposed to using the beach front homes on several military bases in Hawaii as the Clintons' did. That's his choice - there is a lot of negative publicity about it and he knew there would be. Again, it's his choice. It's up to the voters to decide how they feel about such things - they will do exactly that in November of 2012 just as they decided in November of 2010.

Obama is tone deaf - we have no idea if his bubble is totally fogged or if he just doesn't care. It doesn't really matter at this point. He is what he is, and obviously can't "change".
Outstanding Post. Well thought out. Well researched. Worth the read. Thanks!

Old 01-01-2011, 11:06 AM

Fact: Georgie Bush was intellectually UN-curious. He had never traveled much outside the US mainland...didn't even make it to Vietnam.......he mostly hid out in Texas which is NOT his home.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OOOOHHHH, the Jealousy!!!!!

Yup, gonna play the Repug's Jealousy card...you know, if you don't like someone it's automatically "jealousy"....so here they are ...writhing in jealousy...
I'm far frm jelous, but you can pretend I am if that makes you feel better...

As I unpack from yet another vacation..
Quote:
Fact: Georgie Bush was intellectually UN-curious. He had never traveled much outside the US mainland...didn't even make it to Vietnam.......he mostly hid out in Texas which is NOT his home.
Bush has lived in Texas his whole life.. What are you talking about?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:20 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,752,843 times
Quote:
I am not a fan of the Bush family, however, G. Bush was at least a successful governor and a successful business owner which in my opinion far out guns a community activist that had his butt tended to from day one by someone other than the fruits of any labor he exerted. Obama continues to display a great disinterest in this country and more of an interest in staying far away from WA where he may be called upon to actually come up with an idea all on his own. Sorry, but I just dont' see the glitz with this guy anymore.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:36 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thats because Bush went HOME... Do you understand the difference and why HOME is not "a vacation"?
I thought his "home" the eight years he was pres was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC! He was dragging his whole entourage down to Crawford Texas for his "vacations". Silly me!

The "work" he did there on his ranch was partly for show and partly for relaxation.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I'm far frm jelous, but you can pretend I am if that makes you feel better...

As I unpack from yet another vacation..

Bush has lived in Texas his whole life.. What are you talking about?
George Walker Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut

Old 01-01-2011, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I thought his "home" the eight years he was pres was 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC! He was dragging his whole entourage down to Crawford Texas for his "vacations". Silly me!
Ahh no.. you dont sell your home when you become president.. you gain a 2nd one. You should be embarassed for not knowing this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The "work" he did there on his ranch was partly for show and partly for relaxation.
Which is why I havent criticized Obamas "vacations".. Presidents are entitled to their vacations just like everyone else, but to pretend Obamas vacations which costs millions and Bushs ones which "returned home".. are equal are rather silly..

Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
George Walker Bush was born in New Haven, Connecticut
He moved to Texas when he was a toddler..

1412 West Ohio Avenue
Midland, Texas 79701

Are you claiming Bush was making executive decisions on thinks like where his parents would live while he was a baby?

Old 01-01-2011, 11:46 AM

Quote:
He moved to Texas when he was a toddler..

1412 West Ohio Avenue
Midland, Texas 79701

Are you claiming Bush was making executive decisions on thinks like where his parents would live while he was a baby?
Wiggle, squirm, squiggle

pghquest:""""Bush has lived in Texas his whole life.."""""
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies