Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:32 AM

401 posts, read 473,914 times

Advertisements

Well, he is a left wing spender/waster. Why should his vacation reflect a different view ???

We all know that the left thinks that money grows on trees. He and his administration do not care about our economy. They are buying votes and wasting cash via entitlements, fatty handouts to green energy companies(ie GE) and subsidizing programs and products americans do not want. All the while, escalating class warfare and destabilizing the US.

Happy New Year... Can we fast forward to 2012 !?!?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2010, 02:04 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,078,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog32 View Post
Well, he is a left wing spender/waster. Why should his vacation reflect a different view ???

We all know that the left thinks that money grows on trees. He and his administration do not care about our economy. They are buying votes and wasting cash via entitlements, fatty handouts to green energy companies(ie GE) and subsidizing programs and products americans do not want. All the while, escalating class warfare and destabilizing the US.

Happy New Year... Can we fast forward to 2012 !?!?
So like I said, where was this outrage when Bush was setting records for taking time off away from the White House?

Personally, I don't understand what the big deal is. He's the POTUS and leader of the free world. That comes with its fair share perks and the infrastructure to ensure his safety is costly and cumbersome. That's not going to change no matter what letter they hang next to their name.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:20 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,240,055 times
"manufactured outrage". People don't feel alive unless they are pissed off. It's sad really.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
"manufactured outrage". People don't feel alive unless they are pissed off. It's sad really.
Tell me about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:36 AM

1,869 posts, read 1,093,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Add 200 million per day on his last trip and I would say he has broke the bank this year with the spending on vacations.

I believe he needs a vacation but not every other month and not spending millions of dollars at the time when the economy is worse then any time since the depression.

I do not mind him taken a vacation with his family but this spending and amount of vacations is way over the line.

People living in tents and going hungry and he goes and spends millions on a vacation.

His judgment is very poor to say the least.
Amazing that you are still repeating that old 200 million lie! Do you ever read or watch the real news?

Old 12-31-2010, 02:51 AM

401 posts, read 473,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Tell me about it.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:07 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
The obama's have no class.

10% unemployment and they're partying on the public dime.

How do you unemployed obama supporters feel about it?

Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The obama's have no class.

10% unemployment and they're partying on the public dime.
Where did this belief come from that Presidents need to temper their lifestyle to the economic climate in the country? He made it to the top and should enjoy the perks...or at least that is what you free market, capitalist Republicans love to talk about when it's someone else.

Quote:
How do you unemployed obama supporters feel about it?
It didn't bother me during the time I was unemployed. Doesn't bother me now. Don't see why it should matter. Not his or any other president's job to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:22 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Where did this belief come from that Presidents need to temper their lifestyle to the economic climate in the country? He made it to the top and should enjoy the perks...or at least that is what you free market, capitalist Republicans love to talk about when it's someone else.

It didn't bother me during the time I was unemployed. Doesn't bother me now. Don't see why it should matter. Not his or any other president's job to cater to the lowest common denominator.
Enjoying the fruits of your labor is one thing. Do it on your own dime.

These people are out of control with vacationing.

Michelle seems like she's on a permanent vacation.

Telling us what to eat while she gains pound after pound.

Barry telling us that we can't drive SUV's, or keep our thermostats at a comfortable level.

What is their carbon footprint?

The hypocrisy is astounding.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Enjoying the fruits of your labor is one thing. Do it on your own dime.
He's enjoying the perks of the position he obtained. Last I checked, just about everyone got vacation time at their jobs, right?

Quote:
These people are out of control with vacationing.
Only to people he like to ***** and moan. This is just under a year old now, but points out how out of whack the "out of control vacations" bull**** is. You'll of course note that both Bush's and Reagan spent more time on vacation in their first year than Obama.

President Obama’s Vacation Days | FactCheck.org

Quote:
Michelle seems like she's on a permanent vacation.
You do know she's the first lady right? Of course you understand that they are basically glorified PR people who promote these civic improvement projects.

Quote:
Telling us what to eat while she gains pound after pound.

Barry telling us that we can't drive SUV's, or keep our thermostats at a comfortable level.

What is their carbon footprint?

The hypocrisy is astounding.
Oh, so now it's not about the vacations anymore. Gotcha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies