Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Really? Do you have any evidence to support that notion, or is it just wishful thinking?

And, by the way, the actual unemployment rate is far higher than 10%. The official statistics only consider those who are drawing, or have filed, for unemployment insurance. There are millions more who have run out of benefits or haven't filed at all. There's also the issue of the guy who was making $25 per hour until his job went to China and now works at McDonald's for 6 bucks. Technically, he's employed and is not counted among that 10%.
You ask someone for "evidence" of what the future will hold? Kind of demanding, don't you think? Only FOX can give you that "evidence".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Really? Do you have any evidence to support that notion, or is it just wishful thinking?

And, by the way, the actual unemployment rate is far higher than 10%. The official statistics only consider those who are drawing, or have filed, for unemployment insurance. There are millions more who have run out of benefits or haven't filed at all. There's also the issue of the guy who was making $25 per hour until his job went to China and now works at McDonald's for 6 bucks. Technically, he's employed and is not counted among that 10%.
Prove what? Unemployment won't be above 10% forever? No I can't but I also can't prove the sun will come up but it always does. I am not arguing things are not bad now but that they will not be bad forever.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 AM

1,324 posts, read 1,198,956 times
What can I think ? Are Democrat voters so stupid they would cut off their nose to spite their face ? People with out jobs , the unemployed , would like jobs. So you ask the 150 biggest employers ( outside of government workers ) how can I help you employ more people ? This is seen as a bad thing only by thoes with a low I Q .

I hope the plan to herd the unfortunate into California , Illinois and New York , then fence them in works as well as planned.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:36 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwaswon View Post
What can I think ? Are Democrat voters so stupid they would cut off their nose to spite their face ? People with out jobs , the unemployed , would like jobs. So you ask the 150 biggest employers ( outside of government workers ) how can I help you employ more people ? This is seen as a bad thing only by thoes with a low I Q .

I hope the plan to herd the unfortunate into California , Illinois and New York , then fence them in works as well as planned.

It is so frustrating trying to get the idiots on the left to see reality.

I hope the 'plan' works, too!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Can't speak for all corporations, but the company I work for, and our clients have come back big time already, so I hope the "R"s don't meddle too much with the busineses. There is no point in fixing something that ain't broke. Right?

Old 01-05-2011, 06:40 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,760,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can't speak for all corporations, but the company I work for, and our clients have come back big time already, so I hope the "R"s don't meddle too much with the busineses. There is no point in fixing something that ain't broke. Right?
Lol alot of the comeback is due to the happenings in November.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol alot of the comeback is due to the happenings in November.

True that!

Old 01-05-2011, 06:41 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You ask someone for "evidence" of what the future will hold? Kind of demanding, don't you think? Only FOX can give you that "evidence".

It's a fair question. When I remarked that new hiring won't be here, shorebaby said it would.

I'd like to see evidence to back up that claim.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:42 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,537,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Prove what? Unemployment won't be above 10% forever? No I can't but I also can't prove the sun will come up but it always does. I am not arguing things are not bad now but that they will not be bad forever.

No. Proof that when companies start hiring again, they'll hire here, rather than oveseas.

Old 01-05-2011, 06:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post

It is so frustrating trying to get the idiots on the left to see reality.

I hope the 'plan' works, too!
What's truly frustrating is the idiots on the right can't seem to comprehend letting the fox guard the hen-house is usually not a good idea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies