Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 12:26 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,205,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
It's not my opinion, it's psychology's opinion.

Psychology is a science.

which is not always correct.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Take a class. Get educated.

It's not my job to teach you.

you made the comment, it is you that need to back it up or just be quiet about a subject you know nothing about.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Given your blindness for common sense and facts, I'd say the same for you.

If people didn't act emotionally--and most do--they wouldn't be unstable. Emotions lead to instability. Instability leads to violence. Logical people are rarely violent except in cases of self-defense. Not that a weapon is necessary to defend oneself.

remember people, this is the same guy that would take a firearm away from a law abiding citizen with ccw to protect himself even if the firearm belonged to a cop in civilian clothes.

after all, you cant be too careful.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
SOME so would you give your 10 year old kid a gun? Without at least locking it up? I wouldn't-I grew up around guns and my parents would NEVER have given me a gun-example: how about the 14 year old that used his dad's police revolver to shoot his principal? Everyone said how stable he was..

all my daughters learned firearm safety and how to use firearms by the time they were 6 years old. it is the responsibility of the parents to teach the child that safety, not some cop or the goverment.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
you made the comment, it is you that need to back it up or just be quiet about a subject you know nothing about.
I took the class. Violence is a normal part of human nature.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:41 AM

Quote:
I took the class. Violence is a normal part of human nature.

of course it is, and humans are capable of it, but it does not mean they will do it.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:43 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
People do what is in their nature to do. Unless they can detach themselves from emotions.

Emotions are what leads to instability, after all.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 AM

657 posts, read 697,783 times
No one should be allowed to carry a gun with the sole exception of police officers. That is pretty much the situation in european countries and believe me, it feels good. society has enough problems as it is, no need to fuel it up even more by letting everyone run around armed to the teeth.

I dearly hope that one day, Americans will be able to see it that way but I have my doubts. There's just too many powerful interest groups in the US that will do everything they can to maintain the status quo...

Old 01-09-2011, 06:21 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
Air guns--I suppose I need to become more informed about this, too.

Safety of Air Soft Guns | eHow.com

'Air soft guns are fake guns that shoot bright orange plastic pellets. Air soft guns are used in target practice and for playing games. Young and older teens are attracted to the idea of playing air soft gun games. Parents may not know what an air soft gun is, or the risks involved. Parents might assume it is just a toy, and grant permission. Air soft guns can be dangerous if safety procedures are not practiced.'

Airsoft Gun Laws and Safety: Find Airsoft (air guns, Air Soft) information

'Furthermore, individuals in the U.S. must be 18 years of age or older to purchase an Airsoft gun. On the other hand, Airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for use by all ages under federal law. However, some municipalities and states place restrictions on Airsoft guns. New York City, Washington, D.C., Chicago, San Francisco, and parts of Michigan outlaw Airsoft guns entirely. '

They certainly look authentic>>
Airsoft Shotguns - Pump Shotgun Airsoft Gun & Spring Airsoft Shotguns

Marui Sr-16
Tokyo Marui SR-16 Airsoft AEG

95% of those airsoft guns come with a barrel tip that is painted orange for exactly that reason. It can be removed or painted over but at the operator's own risk, every once in a while police officers get VERY jumpy at seeing these when the orange barrel tip is not present... however, you'd have to be trying pretty hard to kill somebody with one. The most that they do is leave a welt and while many teenagers have them, most teenagers just use them for screwing around in the back yard.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:22 AM

5,419 posts, read 9,200,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
No one should be allowed to carry a gun with the sole exception of police officers. That is pretty much the situation in european countries and believe me, it feels good. society has enough problems as it is, no need to fuel it up even more by letting everyone run around armed to the teeth.

I dearly hope that one day, Americans will be able to see it that way but I have my doubts. There's just too many powerful interest groups in the US that will do everything they can to maintain the status quo...
We already have enough violent crime WITH guns, I have a feeling that in many places the crime would skyrocket if people knew that police officers had nothing to defend themselves or others with.

Edit: I was under the impression that the majority of police officers in Europe do not carry guns?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies