Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2011, 10:21 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwruckman View Post
Well Mrs McCarthy's husband and 17 other Long Islanders were were brutally murdered on a LIRR traiin by a man called Colin Ferguson who kinda did what this fine young white boy did in Tucson yesterday. What is truly sickening and disgusting is the response of a sniveling gutless nation that did nothing for Mr McCarthy and his grieving wodow over a decade ago and will do nothing today and may make it possible for the Glocks of the world to market a fully automatic easily concealable pistol with an even bigger magazine. Matbe even market a dumdum round so when you get a head shot those nice surgeons at the trauma center wont be able to do much for the victim.
Private citizens cannot legally purchase fully automatic Glock pistols.

Exactly what are you referring to as a "dumdum round"? If you're referring to hollow points they are commonly used by police and legally armed civilians. Their rapid expansion results in less likelihood of over penetration minimizing the risk of injury to innocent bystanders.

Try posting honest facts rather than emotion filled rhetoric.

Last edited by outbacknv; 01-09-2011 at 10:44 PM..

Old 01-09-2011, 10:28 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Don't worry, this is going nowhere.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Well Mrs McCarthy's husband and 17 other Long Islanders were were brutally murdered on a LIRR traiin by a man called Colin Ferguson who kinda did what this fine young white boy did in Tucson yesterday. What is truly sickening and disgusting is the response of a sniveling gutless nation that did nothing for Mr McCarthy and his grieving wodow over a decade ago and will do nothing today and may make it possible for the Glocks of the world to market a fully automatic easily concealable pistol with an even bigger magazine. Matbe even market a dumdum round so when you get a head shot those nice surgeons at the trauma center wont be able to do much for the victim.
FAIL! GLOCK does not and never has marketed a fully automatic pistol in the USA for the civilian consumer. No manufacturer does.That is against our Federal Fireams laws and has been for many decades.

You spread lies!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What assault weapon was that?
Also do you think that the seller should choose who he feels he should sell to based upon looks/what they think of them?
Another liar, pay no attention. The VA Tech shooter did not use "assault weapons". Gun banners will say anything, truth be damned.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:44 PM

352 posts, read 187,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It will fizzle out like a Pelosi fart in the Obama wind of change, but still it's pretty sad and sickening that a lawmaker would try to leverage this event for more laws.

Carolyn McCarthy readies gun control bill - Shira Toeplitz - POLITICO.com
And the first jerks' knee jerks.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:48 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,993,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
Private citizens cannot legally purchase fully automatic Glock pistols.

Exactly what are you referring to as a "dumdum round"? If you're referring to hollow points they are commonly used by police and legally armed civilians. Their rapid expansion results in less likelihood of over penetration minimizing the risk of injury to innocent bystanders.

You missed the point of the message, You are one of the sniveling gutless Americans who will boohoohoo and say how tragic this all is and then do nothing and even send in your check to the NRA so what little regulation we have on the books is gotten rid off. Then the next toubled soul can get all the firepower he will need and dream about. Why suffer in silence when you can join that great American pantheon just like Klebold, Cho or Ferguson and get 24/7 Media coverage. Why indeed.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,678 times
Quote:
You missed the point of the message, You are one of the sniveling gutless Americans who will boohoohoo and say how tragic this all is and then do nothing and even send in your check to the NRA so what little regulation we have on the books is gotten rid off. Then the next toubled soul can get all the firepower he will need and dream about. Why suffer in silence when you can join that great American pantheon just like Klebold, Cho or Ferguson and get 24/7 Media coverage. Why indeed.
More accurately I am one of the non-sniveling Americans that is willing to accept personal responsibility for my own safety. Having spent a substantial amount of time working in law enforcement I do not expect government to protect me from all the crazies in the world. It just isn't something they can do.

As has been often stated there are very good reasons crazies generally choose gun free zones to commit their crimes. They know there is very little chance anyone in them will be able to mount an effective resistance.

As far as my sending a check to the NRA you're wrong. They compromise too much for my tastes. I send my money to Gun Owners of America.

I didn't miss your point. I just saw the post for what it was...a collection of half truths intended to influence the uninformed to support your position based on nothing other than emotion.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:01 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,473,387 times
The clip that was used in this attack, was previously banned. Who the hell needs a gun that shoots off 30 rounds without reloading??

Old 01-09-2011, 11:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,525,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbacknv View Post
I just saw the post for what it was...a collection of half truths intended to influence the uninformed to support your position based on nothing other than emotion.
Very Well Put

Old 01-09-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The clip that was used in this attack, was previously banned. Who the hell needs a gun that shoots off 30 rounds without reloading??
Few firearms use clips. No modern pistols use clips. If you are referring to the magazine (yes, accurate terminology matters) what is your point? The Clinton gun ban never worked, never could.

I have the same manufacturer original magazine in my desk drawer fully loaded and it has not killed anyone. Who are you to dictate what I or any other law abiding gun owner "needs"?

"Needs" is not a qualifier for the right to keep and bear arms nor for accessories to those arms. Please point out in the Second Amendment where it is if you disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies