Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 07:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
You don't need a gun to protect your house. That's what the police are for, you know?

Not true, the police do not always respond when you need them, trust me i know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2011, 07:44 PM

565 posts, read 486,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
It's like this. We don't all live in urban environments where the police are going to arrive within minutes.

Ive never used a gun to protect my house. But I've used one to protect my son, out in rural Alaska, where the closest police officer was over 130 miles away.

Guess I should have let some vicious dog kill him while I stood by wringing my hands waiting for the cops to show up.

The mutt went for his throat and I shot it. With a pistol. End of story.
Most people have absolutely no idea of what a vicious dog can do.
This is a TV world. Violent and abstract.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
If you live on Park Avenue, NY, that will do it.
Now, I hope you understand what I mean, where is the need for anyone to own military weapons.
What particular 'military weapons' are you referring to???

Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,712,723 times
Quote:
Think of America without the guns and without the tea party. Then add universal health care in the mix and you pretty much have the best country in the world. well..might as well get rid of the GOP when we're at it
Think of Denmark with no Allies. I bet your glad we showed up with our guns. Or maybe not, I understand your country liked collaborating with the Nazi's.

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
You don't need a gun to protect your house. That's what the police are for, you know?
I live in the country, the police are a good 30 minutes ETA from my house..

I need a gun..

When it gets down to it..it's everyone's responsibility to protect themselves and their family.

4,003 posts, read 10,843,375 times
For home protection, a pistol is what you use until you can get to your shotgun. Shotguns do not penetrate into your neighbors house, and they also make it quite easy to hit your target when under that kind of stressful situation. You can equip a flashlight on a shotgun just as easy as a pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
What particular 'military weapons' are you referring to???
Anything that is not used for hunting or target practice.

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
A gun, a knife, a ax, any weapon in the hands of a nutcase, is deadly. A gun in the wrong hands, is deadly, as is a knife, or a ax or a weapon of the deranged person. Hands have also been knows to strangle, and kill their victims are they too now deadly!!!!!!!

Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A gun, a knife, a ax, any weapon in the hands of a nutcase, is deadly. A gun in the wrong hands, is deadly, as is a knife, or a ax or a weapon of the deranged person. Hands have also been knows to strangle, and kill their victims are they too now deadly!!!!!!!
How many people can you strangle in a minute.

Old 01-11-2011, 07:49 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
If you live on Park Avenue, NY, that will do it.
Now, I hope you understand what I mean, where is the need for anyone to own military weapons.
Unless one wants to improve the odds of a tyrannical government taking root why would anyone want to limit the type of arms citizens can own?

What does "need" have to do with the right to keep and bear arms?

Liberal Progressive 2nd Amendment re-write: The right to keep and bear arms, only to such calibers that the large central government determines is reasonably necessary and only where allowed, shall not be infringed, except when the large central government deems otherwise.

^^^Nope, that doesn't cut it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies