Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 12:55 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
I believe in the Constitution, and a persons right to free speech, don't you?
Really? You seemed pretty passionate about a person's right NOT to choose to vaccinate on another post. Or is it only on the issues you deem correct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If someone called me "Good Masturbation Material" I'd be flattered. That's quite the compliment.

The fact that it offends some people only shows how irrationally sexually prude and puritan or country is.
I Don't know about your upbringing, but mine taught me to think better of myself as a lady. Same thing I am teaching my daughter.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
He's a comedian. I'm not offended at all. I think it's funny.

12,481 posts, read 10,226,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It's not about being a puritan, it's about failing to see humor where it's intended... and I don't think anyone considered them a "typical family," LOL. Not that there's such a thing, when you think about the diversity in this country. Makes one wonder what you would consider funny, and what you consider a typical "American family" - but I don't really care, to be honest.

So go ahead and be sad & depressed about it, but I personally got some good belly-laughs out of that show. We clearly have differing tastes in terms of comedy, and that's perfectly okay... lots of things don't make me laugh, and I'm still fine with other people enjoying them. For example, "The Office?" Don't get it, don't want to, but I do like Steve Carrell's movies!
Liberals hide behind their sense of humor . It's called a classic double-bind. A liberal will put someone down. They claim they do it because its funny. That way, if you try to fight them and the way they put you down . They can claim you do not have a sense of .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Why only cover the extremes? How about comfortable enough to accept a little blatant sexuality, without getting our pants in a wad over it... it's quite European, you know.

Speaking of which, have you ever been to Europe? I've been there a handful of times, and their open sexual attitude is rather refreshing. It isn't always vulgar, just healthy and honest. I like that, personally.
Well buh bye! Head on over to Europe!

Old 01-28-2011, 01:02 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,568,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Really? You seemed pretty passionate about a person's right NOT to choose to vaccinate on another post. Or is it only on the issues you deem correct?
Right because comparing free speech to Typhoid Mary is exactly the same thing. Kinda like comparing apples to elephants? Got it.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Sure you do but parents should also be able to watch a sporting event without having to worry about things like that.

Why should the kid have to go play when they are trying to watch a sport they like? Kinda goes against the entire reason the kid would be watching the show

Why not hold adults accountable for their actions during shows that children could be watching?
Very well said!

Reading some of the posts about the apparent way people raise their children tells me exaclty what is wrong with the youth today.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:05 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,005 times
Quote:
I am not the one that tried to compare the 2.

I am saying that families watch sporting events with their children. Thinking that the child wont hear things like masturbating. A parent should NOT have to worry about explaining what that means while watching a basketball game.

Yeah a 6 year old wont hear the joke and then say Daddy what is masturbation. Because children dont ask many many questions even why the grass is green.

Lets make it clear about something also. I dont care that he said it. I care what time he said it. Had this happened during a late night show. I would careless
Really? My son, age 4, constantly asks questions... And I love it. Yes, it may be annoying to answer the same thing and have it followed by a why, but it's all a process of learning. And, too many time has my son asked, "why is the grass green, sky blue, pigs pink," etc.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Sure you do but parents should also be able to watch a sporting event without having to worry about things like that.

Why should the kid have to go play when they are trying to watch a sport they like? Kinda goes against the entire reason the kid would be watching the show

Why not hold adults accountable for their actions during shows that children could be watching?
Honestly, what 6 year old is going to be totally wrapped up in watching a whole sporting event? I mean, seriously? Attention Deficit Disorder (Short Attention Span) - KidsGrowth

Old 01-28-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yes much like you are doing now
Wow. I was not aware I just caught on fire for no reason. Thank you for tuning me into my own body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies