Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 01:19 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Not all kids have short attention span....A lot of kids love to watch sports and parents shouldn't have to explain what this A$$hole meant when he thought he was funny!

If he was really funny should be able to make a decent joke....btw why was he even mentioning her?

I also think it is ridiculous the way the others were laughing...they should have called him out on his so called joke.

Fire all of them...see how funny that is.

There are plenty of replacements out there who can be decent...many people are looking for a nice pay check as these guy have.
The saying, "Ignorance is bliss" fits well when reading your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
Really? My son, age 4, constantly asks questions... And I love it. Yes, it may be annoying to answer the same thing and have it followed by a why, but it's all a process of learning. And, too many time has my son asked, "why is the grass green, sky blue, pigs pink," etc.
WOW Look if you dont mind explaining that to your 4 year old that is your choice but you dont get to make the choices for everyone else. Its called respect.

No one is saying that children asking questions isnt part of learning. IE why is the grass green but to compare those type of questions to explaining masturbation is a bit out there

Old 01-28-2011, 01:21 PM

956 posts, read 1,114,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya View Post
Bottom line: Tracy Morgan doesn't have a lot of class. Network apologizes form him because he doesn't have enough class to do it himself. And some on the left cheer him on.
Not many comedians do, and I don't think that they really care. That being said, I find it hypocritical for the same posters who refer to Rachel Maddow as "him", "he", "Mr. Maddow" and so on to be throwing a hissy fit over a comedian making a sexual reference towards Sarah Palin. It's the era of double standards within double standards that we have come to expect from the right.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
You hear more cussing in one televised football match than any child should hear.
TOTALLY agree. Also the violence factor. Whatever sport you're watching, someone will start a confrontation ultimately leading to thrown punches, cursing, etc.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
WOW Look if you dont mind explaining that to your 4 year old that is your choice but you dont get to make the choices for everyone else. Its called respect.

No one is saying that children asking questions isnt part of learning. IE why is the grass green but to compare those type of questions to explaining masturbation is a bit out there
But that's just the point - he would never ask what it was because he wouldn't even remember the word long enough to ask me about it.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:24 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,224 times
Quote:
TOTALLY agree. Also the violence factor. Whatever sport you're watching, someone will start a confrontation ultimately leading to thrown punches, cursing, etc.
Wow! Sure don't know what kind of sports you watch, but I do not see this on a regular basis with the sports I watch.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Wow! Sure don't know what kind of sports you watch, but I do not see this on a regular basis with the sports I watch.
What do you watch? Little League playoffs and gymnastics?

Old 01-28-2011, 01:27 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,227,792 times
Quote:
Wow. I was not aware I just caught on fire for no reason. Thank you for tuning me into my own body.
Your welcome thats what you get for doing as tracy Morgan says

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
But that's just the point - he would never ask what it was because he wouldn't even remember the word long enough to ask me about it.
lol He would turn and look at his daddy and say daddy what is masturbation. He doesnt have to remember it he can ask it right then and there

Let me ask you this. Do you have a problem with a family being able to watch say a sporting event and it being family friendly? Dont you want to be able to sit down with your child and watch something and not having to worry about them hearing something you dont think they should hear?

I really dont see the defense of this.

( Things like this and the attempt at defending it is why our country is becoming morally bankrupt and I dont see why more dont have a problem with that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I mean come on dude. You can't honestly say you've NEVER seen football players up in each other's faces, shaking their dumb heads, and sometimes pushing each other? Or, you've never watched a hockey game where they regularly throw punches?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies