Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,454,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Listen to the masters of hate Limbaugh and Beck then tell me who are the leftie equivalents. And dont bother mentioning any one from MSNBC as no one there is even in the same ball park as those two psycho babblers.
Examples got any that are comparative to being gang raped, masturbated to, punched in the face, shot in the head, I'll be waiting!!!!!
every woman in this country needs to be outraged by what they are doing to Palin in this manner because she is a woman! This will trickle down to our young women regardless of political affiliation! Just watch music videos/movies how are women portrayed in them to our young people
This is not right or left issue.
Btw teen dating violence is on the rise, girls are taking it and boys are thinking they can be degrading because their mindset is women are less than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2011, 01:29 PM

1,943 posts, read 3,340,115 times
Really Tracy Morgan?

Sarah Palin???

He could of said someone FAR better looking.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:30 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,535,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol He would turn and look at his daddy and say daddy what is masturbation. He doesnt have to remember it he can ask it right then and there

Let me ask you this. Do you have a problem with a family being able to watch say a sporting event and it being family friendly? Dont you want to be able to sit down with your child and watch something and not having to worry about them hearing something you dont think they should hear?

I really dont see the defense of this.

( Things like this and the attempt at defending it is why our country is becoming morally bankrupt and I dont see why more dont have a problem with that)
No, of course I don't have a problem with that - I also don't have a problem with me watching Sex and The City while my son is in the room. He gets easily bored and starts playing or turns his attention to something else because he has no idea what is going on. Am I a bad mom because I don't want to watch Nick Jr. 24/7? Of course not. He has a TV in his room; if he wanted to watch something bad enough he would go in there more often.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:30 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Wow! Sure don't know what kind of sports you watch, but I do not see this on a regular basis with the sports I watch.
I watch about every sport there is and I dont see that on a regular basis either.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Didn't he use the phrase "tossing off?" I don't know what child would catch that, let alone have ANY idea it was related to sex... inappropriate for prime time, sure, but I don't think any kids were permanently damaged by it. Methinks the adults are overreacting a bit, and I'm not even sure what they expect to happen now - the comment was already said and aired, sooooooooo.
Exactly. A four year old doesn't even know what sex means, much less take something and connect to sex which they have no idea what "it" is.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:32 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I mean come on dude. You can't honestly say you've NEVER seen football players up in each other's faces, shaking their dumb heads, and sometimes pushing each other? Or, you've never watched a hockey game where they regularly throw punches?
Well, first I am not a dude - but that's ok.

I watch:
college football mostly sec
some pro football (never heard any cuss words from the tv though)
tennis
volleyball
dressage showing

I used to be the publicist and marketing manager for our local coliseum and do admit the hockey games could get crazy, but I never stayed beyond my media requirements.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
No, of course I don't have a problem with that - I also don't have a problem with me watching Sex and The City while my son is in the room. He gets easily bored and starts playing or turns his attention to something else because he has no idea what is going on. Am I a bad mom because I don't want to watch Nick Jr. 24/7? Of course not. He has a TV in his room; if he wanted to watch something bad enough he would go in there more often.
That is your choice but why do you feel you get to make the choice for everyone else? Just because you dont mind your child hearing certain things thats on you but you shouldnt kid yourself into thinking your child isnt aware of what is being said on sex and the city.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I watch about every sport there is and I dont see that on a regular basis either.
Houston Texans: Andre Johnson Fight Not a Big Deal | Bleacher Report

Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Exactly. A four year old doesn't even know what sex means, much less take something and connect to sex which they have no idea what "it" is.
They are going to know what it is before long with you watching sex and the city with them in the room.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:35 PM

Quote:
That is your choice but why do you feel you get to make the choice for everyone else? Just because you dont mind your child hearing certain things thats on you but you shouldnt kid yourself into thinking your child isnt aware of what is being said on sex and the city.
I'm not pushing everyone to try and think as I - but if someone asks me why I think a certain way you can definitely count on me defending myself. Where have I said people should believe what I say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies