Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 07:08 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
The way things are, when that woman you saw in the convenience store goes to the emergency room.......you and I are paying for it. That ER visit is FREE for her, because WE pay for it. Why not force her to buy insurance if she has enough income to do so? Why would you rather enable her to buy her beer and cigs and use our money to pay for her when she gets sick?
If she chooses to buy smokes and beer instead of healthcare that's her business. When she dies we will also assist in her funeral. But that still doesn't make it right to force her to pay for a government plan when she chooses to live the life of a POS (do we really think she will pay this?). Why force me to pay more for those who have this attitude? Why force anyone to pay? We cannot regulate human behavior; this woman will never be anything more than she already is. But if by some miracle she does chose to change her life we have programs in place that can help her up and can help her on her way. The major factor here is she has to choose this not be forced into it.
Besides, she already has a free healthcare plan it’s called Medicaid. Is it like mine? I hardly think so but then again I pay through the nose for a really nice plan. As a matter of fact, if I were to drop my healthcare (insurance) plan I could get a really cool huge SUV ($700 a month?) and pimp that mofo out, but I chose to invest that money in my health and not how cool I look . (That jab is for those who have big car notes but little healthcare plans)

The woman at the store is a good example of “giving to those who expect will only expect more”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 07:09 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Actually, since doctors are fleeing the profession because of this disaster of a health insurance mandate, I'm thinking ER's will be full to bursting.

"Urged financially"? What does THAT mean. Don't you mean forced, with threat of punishment by the govt>
You can pay a fine, and keep paying a larger fine until you do the right thing, and take responsibility for your own HC Ins needs.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:11 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Mine did also.

We win by finding a way to get each of our states AGs to force the insurance co's to roll back their unlawful raise on us to before Obamacare cost.

I will be sending a letter to my AG here in Ohio asking this be done for all Ohioians who have been screwed by the rising cost caused by the unlawful Obamacare bill.
and what was the reasoning that it went up before Obamacare?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.C View Post
But obamacare DOESN'T force them to buy insurance. It forces them to EITHER buy insurance OR pay a small penalty.

And if they choose to buy the insurance, it FORCES them to buy a policy that meets minimum coverage requirements which may be a lot more coverage than they need or want.

You really don't believe what you wrote, do you?

Really. Take some time and think about it.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:15 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You can pay a fine, and keep paying a larger fine until you do the right thing, and take responsibility for your own HC Ins needs.
OR, you can be free to have insurance or not. And if you don't, you don't get healthcare, including ER visits. Fining someone to force them to do something YOU think they should do is WRONG.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
So you need the government to make you responsable?

If they cannot buy the insurance, how are they going to pay a fine?

I bet the still use the ER and we will still pay for it.....

Old 02-01-2011, 07:18 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
So how do you feel about all the exemptions/waivers? Muslims are exempt. Do you think every muslim is homeless and do not make enugh income? How about those union thugs and union workers that got a waiver?
Muslims are exempt? Wow, where do you get you info? Oh, I forgot, you don't.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:19 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
The phrase "if they can afford it" is the problem there. Why should I pay for someone else's insurance? It's really that simple. As for health insurance, I have always had insurance, either through my job or a policy that I paid for myself. So nobody has ever paid for my healthcare while I bought toys instead. The fact is, I have gone without a lot of luxuries to pay for that insurance.

The system you prefer - forcing people who you've decided "can afford it" to buy insurance, in order to cover those that can't - that's called communism.
You are not getting it. As it is now, those that pay for their insurance pay higher rates because hospitals are mandated to provide care for those without insurance........isn't that Communism?

We now raise the premiums of policy holders so we can spread the premium money around for the uninsured. That is one of the reasons our rates are so high.

There will always be some people that cannot afford insurance, BUT, there are a lot of people who have enough income to afford insurance, but choose not to, so the rest of us can pay for their care. Isn't it worse to outright pay for their care, instead of requiring them to buy their own policy if they have the income?

You did without luxuries so you could pay for your insurance.....why shouldn't others be forced to do the same instead of jacking up our premiums to pay for their unpaid ER visits?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
As soon as hussein obama started handing out waivers to his union thugs and friends he killed his own bill. Muslims are also exempt. We will still bare the cost of illegal immigrants. Businesses know it will be cheaper to pay the fine than insure so employees that had insurance before will now have none and forced to buy into the obamacare scam.

WAKE UP OBOTS!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:21 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Muslims are exempt? Wow, where do you get you info? Oh, I forgot, you don't.
snopes.com: Health Insurance Exemptions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies