Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,684,460 times

Advertisements

Whatever the reason individuals in any government have 2 choices.. Live in tyranny or liberty.

No matter what the rest of the world is going thru ask yourself which government you live under and take action accordingly.
Some people in the middle-east believe they live in tyranny, oppression, control from corrupt and controlled by other nations.
When you in a clear mind and body think your government is good and doesn't influence the rest of the world you might want to take a history lesson.
Everything is legal, contracted and peace agreements are created between nations of dictators and elected officials. Ask yourself were they created in the best interest of the people and did the people even have a say in where their money, their country and resources would support.

Make sure your government follows the principles of liberty and the defense of our own liberty before trying to police the world. Our liberty is not tied to any other nation our liberty comes from our creator defend it and let the rest of the world define theirs.

My advise to our government is to leave the military bases, stop all government funding to all nations and leave these nations to their own vices. Peace and commerce with all nations alliances with none.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 11:24 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Agreed. There is so much silly Beck-bashing in this thread that the bashers are ignoring the threat of the Muslim Brotherhood in the middle east. All ready they are proposing closing the Suez Canal and war with Israel. How does gasoline at $10 a gallon sound?
But, but, but these people didn't see Beck yesterday and only know what they hear from Kos and MM. They don't want to believe that the Muslim Brotherhood even exists in the US and don't really know what they are about. It is so much easier to hate Beck and keep up the noise about him than to find out anything about the Brotherhood.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
David koresh, the reverend Richard Butler, Tim Mc Veigh , Terry Nichols, there's a sundry of others but it's noteworthy to say the least that we seem to have a growing problem right here in the ol' USA with dangerous folks who want us all to think like them. I'm not losing any sleep over the fact that the world has a lot of off balance people who want us to live in fear, I won't be thinking about the Muslim Brotherhood either. Glenn Beck is just as bad as any terrorist for the fact that he makes his living spreading fear.....
You should see Glenn Beck's show from yesterday so you could comment on how he talked and just how much fear he was trying to spread. You can still see it on your computer, you know? Well maybe it is easier to learn what he said by reading Kos, MM, and ThinkProgress. I prefer my Beck live.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It has a lot of merit, with all the Muslim push everywhere, all over the globe.
Seems like a bit of jealousy or is it that only the U.S. has a right to push for a certain type of government? Given the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood has for some 70 years advocated a system of Islamic government and has done so through the electoral process, and, as of the the last time I check, never by invasion or military coup... I'm not particularly alarmed about anyone advocating any form of government that they like.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And for extra effect, we've decided to pretend there's no difference between a dirty bomb and a nuclear one. Just another service from AreYouGoodAndScaredYetNews.com.

Would some radical Muslims like a globe-spanning Caliphate? Of course. I'd like a date with Brooke Shields. All things considered, my chances are better, which is really bad news for the Caliphate.
I tried your link and it isn't there.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:32 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Seems like a bit of jealousy or is it that only the U.S. has a right to push for a certain type of government? Given the fact that the Muslim Brotherhood has for some 70 years advocated a system of Islamic government and has done so through the electoral process, and, as of the the last time I check, never by invasion or military coup... I'm not particularly alarmed about anyone advocating any form of government that they like.
And another...... Put the pieces of the puzzle together folks, there is a pattern starting to emerge much clearer than before. The revolution in Egypt has them revved up in support for toppling the west.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:34 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Beck's attempt to link the protests to the form of Social Justice that Beck has previously demonized as being associated with Nazism and Communism.

Read more: Who's Afraid of the Muslim Brotherhood? - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/glenn-beck/transcript/whos-afraid-muslim-brotherhood#ixzz1CpARGbJp - broken link)

[Glenn Beck speaking] As the press continues to report on all the pro-democracy efforts by this group, a phrase is being used in the context of this conflict that jumped out at me. You heard it several times. And quite honestly, it's a word that -- it's two words that I warned you about because there's two meanings to the world.
There's the really happy, Jesus wants me to go help people. Allah wants me to go help people.
And then there is the caliphate or the totalitarian government that says, no, no, I'm telling you to help people it's called social justice. Look.
(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
MOHAMED ELBARADEI, EGYPTIAN OPPOSITION LEADER: They have to listen to the people. Listen to them quickly. A new Egypt that is democratic, that's based on social justice.
Depend the rights of the Egyptian for their universal values, freedom, dignity, social justice.
Legitimate needs for democracy and social justice.
(END VIDEO CLIP)
BECK: OK. Mubarak just said it an hour ago. He'll be gone in September, but he -- until then, he will be making sure there is social justice.
Be careful. It could be used for good, but it also is used to mask an agenda. Why would anybody claim that anyone is masking an agenda? I don't know. Read Van Jones' groups words. That's what they do. That's what they have to do.
Read "The Coming Insurrection." That's what they say they have to do, mask.

And linking the protests to Bill Ayers, the Weather Underground and Piven (ie in his thinking; linking them to Progressives).

Friday, this, was called the "day of rage." Because I have read all about the Marxist and the revolutionaries in America, I recognize the "day of rage." Where have I heard that before?
Oh, yes, that's right. We heard it before in the 1960s with Bill Ayers and the Weather Underground. That's when they had the violent student riots in the 1960s. That was the day of rage.
Weather Underground talks about it in the Weather Underground's works. Huh, coincidence?
By the way, day of rage -- wasn't Frances Fox Piven recently just saying, where is the rage? Where is the outrage? Where is the anger? You've got get on the street and have riots and embrace your anger.
BECK: There's a question I'm guessing no one will ever ask. Why were Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers terrorists in the Weather Underground? And Code Pink founder Jodie Evans involved with the Muslim Brotherhood during in the Gaza flotilla.
Ayers and Dohrn organized an effort to bring political pressure to bear on the Mubarak regime and Israel to allow for the aid from Hamas, which is the Muslim Brotherhood, to be delivered through Egyptian checkpoints.
Remember Ayers and Dohrn participated in the Weather Underground, 1969 days of rage in Chicago. Last Friday's rioting in Egypt was dubbed by the Muslim Brotherhood "days of rage." What a coincidence.
Remember when we talked about that flotilla how tense the world was? Evans and Code Pink lobbied Mubarak's wife for assistance as well as U.S. embassy in Cairo. Guess who else was strong supporter of the flotilla?
The Muslim Brotherhood. Code Pink seems pretty darn cozy with the Muslim Brotherhood. Can you imagine a terrorist organization - can you imagine if any of us were cozy with Hamas?

Let be engage in some Beckian Logic. MB is anti-Mubarak. Glenn Beck is anti-Mubarak. Therefore Glenn Beck is working for the goals the MB.

And then this Gem where he insinuated that STORM was involved in terrorist acts.

Just the necessary ingredients on the way to a caliphate. We have religious zealots who have made it their goal to take down - according to their own documents and their words - to take down the western way of life coupled with American leftists who have made it their mission their whole life to take down the western way of life.
Some are terrorists [visually referencing the MB document]. And some are terrorists[visually referencing the STORM document]. Some are just really good at business and propaganda. They both speak the same language and they both have the same goal, not a caliphate, but control. Revolution and control.

I don't have access to the complete transcript, but I have seen the last 2 days of shows (Mon, Tues). Most of it is Beck engaging in MB fear mongering and propaganda attacks against his favorite targets.

Part of Beck's discussion of the Caliphate involved Sharia law. If Sharia law is so dangerous, why does Israel allow it to be practiced within Israel? Israel's current way of handling religous laws and courts have their origin in the pratice established when the Ottaman Empire ruled the area.
That's his moneymaker. He picks up a piece of chalk and draws boxes and then connects them with figments of his imagination, and VOILA, a brand new conspiracy theory is born, and "chi-ching" Beck gets richer.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
What a load of LIES, packed them high this time didn't ya.
Casper
Words are cheap and you just built a good pile of proof of that. Why don't you just go ahead and write some proof of what you say? You do remember how you carried on about the opinion piece the other day, don't you? Here you haven't said one word to back up your opinion.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is Beck and you who are making the unsupprted claims, not me. Anyone who has been following the riots in Egypt know who started them, what motivated them, who was taken by surprise, and who is trying to benefit. Glenn Beck is trying to make this look like something that it is not, and for reasons unknown, you are supporting his theory. It took me two seconds to find an article saying MB joined the riots only after they had already started. You need to do your homeworks, and don't believe everything Beck tells you.

Egypt Is On Fire As The Muslim Brotherhood Joins The Egyptian Riots
How about you speaking to the very violent night the Egyptians just experienced? This had to happen, sooner or later, but I will wait for you to dig out the story from your sources.

BTW, I wonder if your source here was really the best available like they claim to be.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
So now you think there's a conspiracy between the Democrats and radical Islam? I suppose you think the Dem's were behind 911 too?
Aha, you just admitted that you thing the Democrats are all progressives. I think only the leadership is but then I am often wrong about things like this, according to the progs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies