Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2011, 06:25 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,654,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
According to the last census there are about 15.3 million poor whites in America. What's the evangelical church doing? As far as I know nothing really. (The black population has about 8.1 million below the poverty line). With the total number of Americans below the poverty line at around 33 million this means that nearly half of the poor people in America are WHITE!! If nearly half of America's poor are white what's up with all the "minority" and "urban" stuff churches do? Can anyone explain this?

It's True: Nobody Cares About Poor Whites - The Institute

Is this indicative of the white community at large???...who's to say it isn't...or it is.
It's a reality for those who live it and no one knows exactly how many that may be.

Now the first photo is a parady and it's in response to the stupid assertion that all blacks should accept the reality of DWB without anger because black people (some) commit crime, if that's the twisted logic racists use what's wrong with the representation of white parody as reality.

There are some on this board that's using the same logic.
Yes, it's true. This country doesn't give a crap about poor whites. Why should they? Whites don't get a free get out of jail card.

Additionally, I suspect majority of poor whites are in rural areas.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:28 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The statistics are tragic, the consequences catastrophic. At least two generations, lost to poverty, illiteracy, violence, fatherless homes.

Colbert I. King - Celebrating black history as the black family disintegrates

Good lord.

What happened? Welfare, dependency on government for your very life? This is a multiple generational disease that is afflicting the black community. The only "out" is an education, but more often than not, the easier "out" seems to be, "get on the rolls", let Uncle Sam take care of it.

This is a truly sad, tragic situation.

Newsroom: Families & Households: Census Bureau Reports Families With Children Increasingly Face Unemployment
I know that you never answer direct questions so this is more of a statement:

Why did you start a thread on this topic?

What was your point ?

Old 02-06-2011, 06:36 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariat View Post
Yes, it's true. This country doesn't give a crap about poor whites. Why should they? Whites don't get a free get out of jail card.

Additionally, I suspect majority of poor whites are in rural areas.
I think the author's feeling about the rote "celebration" of black history month, in light of the terrible, awful statistics facing the community is right on the mark.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Hmmmm... you know, they're pretty godless over there in northern Europe. They don't marry much either. Yet they flat out spank the U.S. in metrics for global competitiveness, personal satisfaction and happiness, etc. Higher education is completely free. I've been trying to force my way into the white controlled employment arena for years. I am insulted by yet another thread laying the problem at my feet. The o.p. has a preponderance of posts in this thread doing nothing more than asserting his/her right to start such a thread and keep it on topic. The topic: rubbing causal salt in open Black wounds. If two parents were absolutely necessary for the sucessful rearing of offspring the human race would be extinct, because, let's face it... tomorrow is promised to no one. I mean... how many J.P. Worthington III's have had coronaries while porking the mistress and have had the effrontery to die at a relatively young age (from stress) leaving the grieving wife to raise Fauntleroy all on her own. How many A-list actresses are raising children solo? With enough money a second parent is really quite optional. How many two parent households has one parent that is dysfunctional albeit present? This post fails on so many levels but especially because when taken out of the context of its original form and plastered up here by a white bastion of the conservative middle class it loses any semblance of appeal and turns into just more one upmanship. I don't believe that is what the spirit of what is called "Black History Month" is about.

H

Old 02-06-2011, 06:49 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,983,491 times
Families in America are in crisis.

Old 02-06-2011, 06:58 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
The topic: rubbing causal salt in open Black wounds.
Tell that to the black WaPo columnist who wrote the piece.

There seems to be a direct correlation between the rise of teenage/single mothers and the erosion of the black family.

You know, discussing such things is okay, really. Shouldn't send people off the deep end.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:09 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,304,764 times
Quote:
Tell that to the black WaPo columnist who wrote the piece.

There seems to be a direct correlation between the rise of teenage/single mothers and the erosion of the black family.

You know, discussing such things is okay, really. Shouldn't send people off the deep end.
The rise of teenage/single mothers and the erosion of the family!!!!!!!!!!!

And everyone else has to take up the slack.

This is not a racial issue, it is a moral and societal issue. These children, raised by children, have no moral compass, no work ethic, no male positive influence. I know more grandparents raising children than married couples.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:12 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,303,308 times
Quote:
When those same people are expecting others to pick up the tab for them, the people footing the bill might disagree.

The decisions some have made have led to ruin, of themselves, their offspring, their community.
Again that isn't a race issue it's a personal issue. You can find Americans of all ethnic and racial backgrounds using social services.

If your really concerned about people using social services then join like minded people that are constantly pushing to end them. But bear in mind that decison comes with its own consequences. Historically poor people in countries with poor social services tend to more prone criminal behavior and have less a stake in the social stability of their country. The demonstrations by people in Cairo right now are direct result of people feeling frustrated by the fact that government is not doing enough to address long standing social issues in Egypt.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:42 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
You think that there's no broke illiterate white people outside of the Appalachians?

And in case you didn't notice genius, the majority of black people are not broke or illiterate. Time to read a book
Thank-you. I actually am a genius, I'm glad you noticed. Now, take a look at the actual reports from Planned Parenthood and note their figures for black women having abortions as well as latino women. It's a cultural problem for blacks. Time to man up. Literally and figuratively. The amount of men who won't own up to parenthood and head of households in those two minorities is staggering. That's one of the major reasons for the poverty. Single moms raising these kids. Without finanacial backup from the other half of the parental line. And they can't succeed at it.

Seems to me, culturally at least, there's a greater perponderance of misogynism occurring.

I highly doubt the black forebears of 200 years ago would be proud to see how their hard fought and painfully won freedom has been squandered.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
The rise of teenage/single mothers and the erosion of the family!!!!!!!!!!!

And everyone else has to take up the slack.

This is not a racial issue, it is a moral and societal issue. These children, raised by children, have no moral compass, no work ethic, no male positive influence. I know more grandparents raising children than married couples.
No, it isn't a racial issue but people can't stir up hatred and racism by being logical hence this thread........racists by nature aren't logical....nor intelligent.

But they DO love to create division and hate....it must be their Christian upbringing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies