Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2012, 03:28 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,109,865 times

Advertisements

How ironic... a commercial for this: PainSAFE (http://www.painsafe.org - broken link) just came up on the TV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2012, 03:30 AM

30,438 posts, read 52,109,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
To drag the thread back to ground zero...I'm enjoying Steven Tyler on American Idol. He's ..colorful despite being sober.
Yeah, he's a good one!! Amazing that he & Mick Jagger are still kickin', isn't it?

Old 04-07-2012, 04:47 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,488,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Amy Whinehouse, only because I'm shocked that she's still breathing.

Obviously shocked no more.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:48 AM

4,255 posts, read 3,488,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Sure, since you want to nitpick it to death.

Illegal drugs are 1) illegal to posses and 2) illegal to buy.

A prescription drug is not illegal to posses even if it was bought legally.

So that's 2 against 1.

That would depend on who was in posession.

Old 04-07-2012, 05:57 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,953,136 times
Quote:

So that's 2 against 1.
According to your thought process government owns you and has total control over what you can or cannot put into your body.
Personal responsibility comes from the individual and not an entity running your life from cradle to grave.
Nothing to see here mundanes, move along.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:43 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,285,399 times
Quote:

So that's 2 against 1.
I am.........shocked.

I find it unbelievable that you just can't seem to understand that prescription drugs, when obtained through ILLEGAL means, then become ILLEGAL to have in your possession. ILLEGAL - as in against the law, a CRIME.

And possession of prescription drugs, when obtained ILLEGALLY, is something that lesser mortals than Rush Limbaugh actually go to prison for.

That means, if you are intentionally going around to different doctors and getting prescriptions for the same drug filled by as many different doctors as possible, that you are "doctor shopping" - a crime. And when you send your housekeeper out to score prescription drugs off street dealers, that is also a crime.

But, if you are a mere mortal, and not a fat rich white slob who OWNS the republican party, chances are you are going to go to jail.

For instance, I often see in my local paper where someone is stopped for a minor traffic violation and they are found to have prescription bottles in their pocket with things like oxy and/or other narcotics that are under the name of someone else and they are charged with, I believe it's called, "possession of a controlled substance." And, unless they can convince someone that they were really picking up a prescription for their Great Aunt Mabel, they are going to be charged - with a crime (unlike Rush).

Now, under the above scenario, and based on your reasoning, those drugs are really LEGAL to have, regardless of how they were obtained. Or does that reasoning only apply to Rush?

You really need to step away from FOX - I think your reasoning capabilities have been completely fried.

I am also always surprised at how easily some people can obtain prescriptions - I have had eight surgeries on my right hand, and after each surgery, I have been prescribed some pretty heavy duty narcotics, and I'll tell you - my surgeon only lets me have those drugs for a very short time, usually just a matter of a few weeks.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:51 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,980,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Wrong again. If you do not have a LEGAL prescription for the drug, it's treated just the same as heroin, crack, etc. Are you really not getting this?? And why are you making excuses for his addiction? I don't care if you think he's the next coming of Christ, he was still addicted to drugs no matter how you slice it.
And you smoke pot although legal in your state, it's not legal to your precious President. Are you addicted??

Give it a break the man was in pain when it happened not before.

Old 04-07-2012, 09:55 AM

14,755 posts, read 14,744,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
And you smoke pot although legal in your state, it's not legal to your precious President. Are you addicted??

Give it a break the man was in pain when it happened not before.
He admitted his addiction, what's the issue here?
Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication - CNN

Old 04-07-2012, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Yeah, he had a scrip.....from how many docs?
Your defense of his addiction is just pathetic.
Really.
Yeah and your selective hate for drug abusers is showing. See you support drug users over people who have become addicted after the docs prescribe them drugs knowning they are addictive. Still no proof he had several doctors, but see that's your only card.

You Do you say these same things of Whitney Huston or Courtney Love, how about Lady Gaga????

Old 04-07-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
He admitted his addiction, what's the issue here?
Limbaugh admits addiction to pain medication - CNN
I see no issue, I see a man who was addicted and had a hard time stopping and when it went real bad he over came it. Something he should've done before, but I for one have seen people addicted to drugs and it's not so easy for some. When pain is involved it's even harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies