Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2011, 10:35 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If the goal was to destroy American traditions and values, then it has not failed.
I must know, which traditions and values have been destroyed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,088,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
98% of blacks voted by race in the 2008 election.
Actually, by definition, 100% of blacks vote by race. 100% of whites do too.

Now, if you meant that 98% of blacks voted for Obama because he was black, theres no way you can justify that claim. More than 90% of blacks vote for the Democrat regardless of his or her skin color.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:38 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
lol prove it.

just wiki "tribalism".

I never said things have not changed. I said that it has been a failure THUS FAR. Will we all be able to overcome the racism that's naturally ingrained in us? No one knows the answer to that.
Yeah, I'm sure I can find the tribal DNA and all proof of its existence on wiki.

Less than 24 hours ago, you were running away from using a baseline. If you're still averse to it, how exactly did you manage to use the idea of change? Change requires a baseline, I hope you know at least that.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If the goal was to destroy American traditions and values, then it has not failed.
For example? Would you be one of the culprits?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,172,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Regular Guy View Post
One after another European Leader has come out and stated that multiculturalism has failed in their countries. These include both moderate and conservative leaders in Germany, France and Germany.

Multiculturalism has failed, says French president - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110210/wl_afp/francepoliticsimmigrationsociety - broken link)

Do you think a major American Political Leader would be so bold as to make this statement about what is happening in America. (A balkanized society, especially outside the workplace)

Should we admit as a nation that multiculturalism has failed as America has become more ethnically and culturally diverse? Or do you believe that multiculturalism is a great success both here and in Europe?
Actually, I'm a recent convert to the concept of multiculturalism, but not in the way you might think. Fact is if you want a functioning nation you need to single culture. However, as far as I'm concerned I'm more than willing to see this nation split right down the middle rather than give up my traditional culture. What I want is borders.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
Actually, I'm a recent convert to the concept of multiculturalism, but not in the way you might think. Fact is if you want a functioning nation you need to single culture. However, as far as I'm concerned I'm more than willing to see this nation split right down the middle rather than give up my traditional culture. What I want is borders.
Do you consider the culture in Arkansas to be identical to that in Louisiana to that in Massachussets to that in California and so on? If not, which culture best represents the nation?

Old 02-16-2011, 11:02 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
So facts are stereotypes?

You seem like a prime example of public education.

I spent kindergarten and first grade in public school. If those years are what formed me into the brilliant guy I am today, well, there you have it.
Anyone can attempt to massage "facts" any way they want. The fact is that you are attempting to use nebulous and incomplete data to try to bolster your claims, which themselves are the stuff of fantasy.

Quote:
And where did I say I must live near white people?
Many things often go unsaid. You are the typical racist whose public and fringe education has trained them to believe that some cultures and values are superior to others.

Quote:
Your assumption is that since black and hispanic people are maintaining too many African and Mexican values that the only option is an all white nation.
What are African and Mexican values? What about Hispanics who are not Mexican? Are Afro-Mexicans or other African Hispanics doubly inferior, or are they inferior to the second power?

Quote:
While that's a big jump, I don't see it as accurate at all. Asians also provide nice countries, communities and values.
Yeah, being in China during Japanese occupation was, well, just well. And I hear that Cambodia and Vietnam were great places to live in the 60s, 70s and 80s.......Nice places with nice values all. Produced great leaders, too, like Mao and Pol Pot.

Quote:
As seen by the performance of Asians in America, they can learn, integrate and succeed at higher rates than many white people.
I'm sure there are many Asian Americans who are very happy that you feel highly enough of them to include them among the superior races.

Quote:
What's stopping me is I'm a firm believer that immigrants should learn the native language, and since I'm moving it is my responsibility to foot the bill. I'll learn in the US, and then move. It makes me more marketable and allows for easier integration into society.
It's called practicing what you preach. I wouldn't expect a simpleton you like you that can't understand what facts are to understand that.[/quote]Practicing what you preach? I don't get your logic, but that's to be expected. I would expect someone who calls me a simpleton, however, to be able to put together a sentence.

"A simpleton you like you."

I'm a firm believer that you should learn the native language.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:04 AM

3,325 posts, read 3,172,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Do you consider the culture in Arkansas to be identical to that in Louisiana to that in Massachussets to that in California and so on? If not, which culture best represents the nation?
You're missing my point. There is no "nation" anymore. We're just a group of disparate peoples, cultures, sub-cultures without a single culture, single language and definable borders. We more resemble a large tax collection territory. I find the culture of the west coast and the northeast, along with a few outposts in the flyover states, as being counter to the rest of us. here in the flyover states. It's time for a divorce. We can live without you. I'm not so sure we can live with you.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:14 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,335,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
And no, full integration cannot be achieved, because there will always be differences between people, the color of our skin is the shallowest of those differences.
Quote:
The human urge to form connections, to affiliate, to participate in a society is natural and ingrained.
You do realize that these two thoughts of your contradict one another, right?

Quote:
And many individuals make choices that aren't acceptable to those constructs, which totally debunks your argument that racism is ingrained in humans.
lol humans make lots of decisions that aren't either in their best interest nor the interest of society. That proves nothing. We're not talking about just behavior, we're talking about the intrinisic feelings of most people and the mental gymnastics they have to do to overcome those feelings.

Quote:
OH, bullhockey! Racism is not ingrained. Racism is learned.
Racism is ingrained. Prejudice and stereotypes are learned.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Racism is ingrained.
Stop blaming your genes. I don't think you were born a racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies