Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 11:33 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,276,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The Chicago and Communist Union way. Legislative democratic process be damned if the bullies do not get their way.

Obama is on the side of the Communist Unions. He has drawn the line and is clearly the enemy within as Obama encourages anti-government protests within the individual states.

Impeach Obama now!
Anybody know exactly what is involved with the impeachment process? Cause I think we're heading there with this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,092,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoobleKar View Post
Yes, and you see Obama go on camera, admit he knows little about the details of the matter, but still say it's an assault on the unions!

Of course, he also knew no details about the cop that asked his friend to show some ID and then went out in public and still said the cops behaved stupidly.

hussein obama NEVER knows the details of anything before he opens his stupid mouth.

In the end these domestic terrorist will not win.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:35 AM

15,318 posts, read 17,229,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
Anybody know exactly what is involved with the impeachment process? Cause I think we're heading there with this guy.
For what specific reasons should he be impeached?

I strongly disagree with him on most matters, but don't see any legitimate reasons for impeachment. This country already has enough on it's plate.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM

3,189 posts, read 4,984,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Would you be upset if the repugs protested against you and your children losing your military bennies?
When did a Republican President and the entire GOP coordinate sending mobs to protest the will and the voice of the voters?

Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,349,017 times
"THUG" politics?
Is this ruling from the WH, states sovereignty ignored too.
Governors do "The Peoples" bidding, what is best for their state budget?
Shouldn't tax payers have "control" of the way the money is spent? Thus the Tea Party is developed hmmmmm.

I pay for my health insurance, quite a bit monthly and the remainder is supplemented by my employer, the NEA needs to stop being greedy and get in step with high costs like the rest of the working class have. They ARE a big part of the problem!

Old 02-18-2011, 11:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
link please, this I've got to see!
I'm sorry, I was wrong. She called them "Nazis". But not to derail this thread..just google it and watch her on the youtube video.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:49 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,949,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama NEVER knows the details of anything before he opens his stupid mouth.

In the end these domestic terrorist will not win.
Actually this is the one venue in which Obama does have knowledge and experience. He and his radical friends are professionals at revolution.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
It's not about "fairness". It's about what people are able to negotiate with their employers. Those who have "collective bargaining power" tend to end up with better benefits than those who don't. Rather than complaining that it's not fair for them to get better benefits than you, and therefore their benefits should be reduced, perhaps you should be complaining (or perhaps organizing) to get better benefits for yourself and your colleagues.

That said, I don't agree that everything a union tries to squeeze out of a corporation should be given over to them, and I do agree that it's not unreasonable to ask union members to contribute more towards their health insurance premiums (note I didn't say anything about "fairness", but "reasonableness").

But this strike isn't just about specific benefits, but about the governor attempting to squash the abilities of the unions to negotiate, essentially destroying the unions as a whole. I don't always support the issues some unions strike over (I have crossed picket lines to do my business when I believe they're in the wrong), but on this one, I'm behind them.
I have heard that the Gov. tried to negotiate but. the uion will not do so.

I also heard in Wisc. the teachers pay 0, nada, zilch toward their health care. they also have no deductible to pay.

The gov. has asked that they pay, I think 1 to 2 % of their health care and the union refuses.

I find that very unacceptible. The state is broke. Everyone has to take up some slack.

Old 02-18-2011, 11:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
The November elections were all about getting our financial houses back in shape.
Now that this is happening the Dems run scared..literally RUN scared.

Obama should be asking those WI Dems to return and do their jobs to the best of their abilities, not aiding and abetting an illegal strike by teachers.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:01 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,229,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I have heard that the Gov. tried to negotiate but. the uion will not do so.

I also heard in Wisc. the teachers pay 0, nada, zilch toward their health care. they also have no deductible to pay.

The gov. has asked that they pay, I think 1 to 2 % of their health care and the union refuses.

I find that very unacceptible. The state is broke. Everyone has to take up some slack.
Not only that, but they pay less than half a percent towards their pension. As I've said a couple times today, Walker's reforms would still require teachers and state workers to pay much less than the average private sector employee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies