Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:02 PM

256 posts, read 216,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Radical Muslims are forcing their ways onto others all around the world and it is coming to America if we do not stop it.

We need to watch and learn people. They have ruined many countries with their ways and forcing people and countries to change to suit them.

We had better wake up before it is too late.

This is just a tip of the iceberg.

There has been way to many incidents in America already to show what they are trying to do.

When they come here they need to change to adapt to our culture, our laws and our ways, not the other way around.
I hear this quite a bit. I'm afraid I don't know what people mean by it though. Are you suggesting laws that discriminate against Muslims? Are you suggesting we take all Muslims and throw them into concentration camps (for their own good, of course)? If a Muslim family moves into my neighborhood, should I throw rocks through their windows?

Please - give me an example of what type of action you think we should be taking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 05:03 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,944,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Aren't schools knife-free zones? If so, it never happened.
England actually has strict knife banning laws. The article specifies a "Stanley knife" which I interpret as a box cutter, along with a cement block and an iron rod. So yes, it did happen despite the Great Britain nanny state.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg So View Post
I hear this quite a bit. I'm afraid I don't know what people mean by it though. Are you suggesting laws that discriminate against Muslims? Are you suggesting we take all Muslims and throw them into concentration camps (for their own good, of course)? If a Muslim family moves into my neighborhood, should I throw rocks through their windows?

Please - give me an example of what type of action you think we should be taking.
I think it indicates that assimilation is going to have to be facilitated and that immigrants from Islamic countries must respect US law rather than Islamic law. It indicates that concentrations of Islamic immigrants leads to isolation and extremism. There are "no-go" zones established where Britains are warned it is not safe to travel through Muslim neighborhood.

We need to learn rather than repeat the mistakes of Western Europe. I think the US needs to be much more selective when it allows immigrants from primarily Islamic nations. Minnesota is having problems with the Muslim Somalis who refuse to assimilate.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:15 PM

371 posts, read 393,450 times
Quote:

1. Stop accommodating multi-culturalism at every opportunity. That means no BS over the face while driving, if hard core muslims don't like it don't drive. Or if a school mandates uniforms and someone says they don't agree, tough break- home school.

2. Halt immigration of people that are proving to be problematic.

3. Don't allow cultural excused in our courts. Laws are laws. if you disagree get them changed or move. If you break them, suffer the punishment according to our present laws.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think it indicates that assimilation is going to have to be facilitated and that immigrants from Islamic countries must respect US law rather than Islamic law. It indicates that concentrations of Islamic immigrants leads to isolation and extremism. There are "no-go" zones established where Britains are warned it is not safe to travel through Muslim neighborhood.

We need to learn rather than repeat the mistakes of Western Europe. I think the US needs to be much more selective when it allows immigrants from primarily Islamic nations. Minnesota is having problems with the Muslim Somalis who refuse to assimilate.
All right. Fair enough. That's more than anyone else has said on the matter (that I've read).

How do you make someone respect US law? You can enforce US law on their actions, but I don't see how you can force someone to respect it.

And what can be done if people that share an ethnicity (or religion or favorite baseball team) decide to live in the same neighborhood (thereby forming a concentration)? I've lived in urban areas before. There were neighborhoods where a person would not travel at night unless they felt that getting severely beat up or knifed was the excitement they were looking for. That had nothing to do with Muslims.

Restricting immigration sounds like it could be done. Has any effort been made along those lines?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perlier View Post
OMG! You'd better run hide under your bed.

We wont have to. We have plenty of ammo to protect ourselves until Bumbo takes away our rights to have them.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy8876 View Post
1. Stop accommodating multi-culturalism at every opportunity. That means no BS over the face while driving, if hard core muslims don't like it don't drive. Or if a school mandates uniforms and someone says they don't agree, tough break- home school.

2. Halt immigration of people that are proving to be problematic.

3. Don't allow cultural excused in our courts. Laws are laws. if you disagree get them changed or move. If you break them, suffer the punishment according to our present laws.
Nice points.

I don't see how you could ban face-coverings while driving unless you did it across the board. That is, you'd have to ban driving while wearing a ski mask too, for instance. Otherwise, it would violate 1st Amendment rights, wouldn't it?

I don't know of any problems with school uniforms. I've lived near schools that required them, no exceptions. And the pants had to stay up if the belt was removed.

Do you know of anyone who is doing anything to restrict immigration?

I don't know of any major cases where a defendant was let off scot-free because of cultural differences. Rape is rape and murder is murder. Do you know of any cases where someone charged with a major crime was let off lightly because they claimed a different cultural background?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:37 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,312,478 times
Quote:

If you do not see and understand you never will.

For example.

Muslim fathers are already trying to use Muslim laws in America.

A high school in Cincinnati spent 40k on revamping a building to add a place for the Muslim kids to go do their worshiping but just a few years before that took down a cross from the school entry. Really makes sense doesnt it?

Muslim women are trying to force new laws onto us when they go into OUR court rooms. They believe they have the right to keep their face covered in our courts. Our laws do not allow for this to happen but you cannot tell Muslims this.

Your points are ridiculous, no one suggest we toss anyone into a concentration camp.

We need to stop changing our culture and ways to adapt to the growth of the Muslim population and they need to adjust to our culture and ways.

Do you even know what Muslims have done to cities and countries in Europe in the last 10-15 years? It is going to happen here as well if we allow them to change us.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
............Restricting immigration sounds like it could be done. Has any effort been made along those lines?
Not that I've read. Perhaps someone else will have a news link?

Old 02-21-2011, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
If you do not see and understand you never will.
I'm sorry to hear that you are so close-minded. I actually find it quite easy to learn by asking questions and listening to people's responses.

Quote:
A high school in Cincinnati spent 40k on revamping a building to add a place for the Muslim kids to go do their worshiping but just a few years before that took down a cross from the school entry. Really makes sense doesnt it?
If this actually did happen, it would seem to be a clear violation of First Amendment rights. Was anything done about it?

Quote:
Muslim women are trying to force new laws onto us when they go into OUR court rooms. They believe they have the right to keep their face covered in our courts. Our laws do not allow for this to happen but you cannot tell Muslims this.
Yes, I can see how this could be a problem. How are specific instances of this playing out? Are the courts being accommodating, or are the women made to follow the rules?

Quote:
Your points are ridiculous, no one suggest we toss anyone into a concentration camp.
Quite frankly, I actually have heard people say things like what I mentioned. (Okay, not the rock-throwing one - I made that up.)

Quote:
We need to stop changing our culture and ways to adapt to the growth of the Muslim population and they need to adjust to our culture and ways.
How does the Muslim anti-acculturation differ from that of some other groups, say the Amish? I've heard they handle most of their community based problems internal to the community, without getting the law involved at all.

Quote:
Do you even know what Muslims have done to cities and countries in Europe in the last 10-15 years? It is going to happen here as well if we allow them to change us.
That's just it. European countries do not have our constitution. It's easy to talk about the problems that are occurring, but what are the solutions that will fit within our constitutional framework?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies