Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You think voters in this country need to be "taught" how to vote. Enough said. That's an un-American position, about as un-American as it gets. Shame on you!

Didn't say that, now did I! Any person that uses their brains will "learn" from their mistakes. That's a statement with an entirely different meaning than the "spin" you try to put on my input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2011, 12:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Not enough guts for me. I want retaliation. When the Democrats get a majority in the Wisconsin legislature I want to see them pulling this same crap. They need to do some research to research and see what kind of sleazy stuff they can pull.

And where the hell are Obama and the national Democrats on this?
^^^^This is the problem....

Old 03-15-2011, 12:35 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
They arent destroying the middle class..

Just keep repeating the same old bs from the left wing talking points...
I think you need to take your Fox glasses off and take an look. They have been trying to get rid of the middle class for years and it has been working little by little.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Do you think he would be as valiantly defensive if the Republicans had run away ?
I would have been outraged if my representative, even if they were a Republican, ran away and not did the job they were elected to do..

Could you imagine the GOP members leaving Washington because they disagreed with Obamacare? Liberals would have been outraged...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I think you need to take your Fox glasses off and take an look. They have been trying to get rid of the middle class for years and it has been working little by little.
Typical nonsensical attack.

I DONT HAVE CABLE.. Save your "I hate Fox" postings for someone else..

Old 03-15-2011, 12:36 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
WRONG.. Rules and laws are written to REMOVE power.. not grant them. If there is no law limiting it, then its legal..
WRONG!!!!!!

All powers belong to the people. Rules and laws are not written to REMOVE power, they are written to express how the people want those powers to be implemented, who the people want to enforce those powers. If there is no law expressly allowing the Senate Majority Leader to use the people's power in this way, then he is acting without authority. Overreaching.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:38 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,431,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Until they answer to a Senate Roll Call, and I believe the next Senate Roll call is scheduled for April 5th.

Since they failed to answer the LAST Senate roll call, I believe that their own rules, based on a a vote that placed them in contempt was in fact legal, and as long as they are considered in contempt, they cannot perform any of their functions and/or duties as an elected official.
In other words being in contempt is nothing more than a nakedly partisan political move by the Republicans

Old 03-15-2011, 12:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
My feelings don't matter. But YOU brought them up. .
I did no such thing.. This heartless Republican could care less about your "feelings".. Ask any other poster, they will confirm this to be true.. I stated FACTS.. You dont like the facts so YOU brought your feelings into discussion.
Quote:
If their vote doesn't count, then it doesn't count as a vote..
CORRECT.. Their vote doesnt count until they are are marked present.. Slappy head is back.. See, I can do it also..
Quote:
And there is nothing preferential about counting votes of the lawfully elected representatives of the people.
How do you count people NOT PRESENT?
Quote:
Once again, you cite rules. But you've yet to show us where these "rules" are written. Because they aren't really rules. They are the whims of Wisconsin's Senate majority leader. Who's overreaching his authority.
Yes, there are very clear rules.. I even linked you to them.. Roberts Rules of Order.. Pickup a copy..

1,609 posts, read 1,079,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Those 14 were doing their job by leaving the state. They made the Republicans jump through hoops to ram through their agenda against the working man. Leaving the state was how they correctly representated those who voted for them. They were doing their job. Did you think their job was voting?? No! it isn't. there job is representing their districts and that they did very well.
Oh, my goodness, I thought everyone understood the manner in which our government (at all levels) functions.

NO, they were not doing their job! Please do educate yourself.

20,892 posts, read 16,083,461 times
Quote:
Why would you be pissed off? Supreme Court has upheld the right to punish elected officials while they are in contempt..

See McGrain v. Daugherty
Punish yes. Execute a coup? No.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:41 PM

1,777 posts, read 1,403,743 times
Quote:
I would have been outraged if my representative, even if they were a Republican, ran away and not did the job they were elected to do..

Could you imagine the GOP members leaving Washington because they disagreed with Obamacare? Liberals would have been outraged...
Yes, they would have been... and then they would have passed the health care bills with their quorum that they still had in both houses of Congress.

I don't doubt for a second that if Republicans had enough members that they could have denied a quorum, they would have done the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies