Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:58 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,771,473 times

Advertisements

" Proud To Be Liberal - Why Liberal values are American values"

I don't really know what to say about that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2007, 12:45 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,457,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Health care costs began to rise in the 60's when the government got involved in the health care business.
More Ron Paul propaganda. Does anyone notice that Pharma is using the big profits to make medicines that have very bad side effects. Would you take Detrol LA with the side effects of dry mouth, dry eyes, headache, upset stomach, constipation, and blurred vision. The last one just got me.

Just listen to the TV commercials and listen carefully to the side effects (don't get distracted by other parts of the commercial).

Old 08-04-2007, 02:37 PM

345 posts, read 203,706 times
I waded through the propaganda piece. Sometimes I ran with laughter, sometimes, I choked back the tears, sometimes I had to fight the urge to throw up.
"I am from the government and I am here to help you".

Old 09-19-2007, 07:15 AM

116 posts, read 372,474 times
So after reading this, Amercian vaules consist of doing what you "feel". So if someone wanted to have sex in the street they could because they are expressing themselves. Ok a little extreme, but you have to cap it somewhere. Basically the gist is to run America into debt and live "free" right? I am not even going into the bs that is Affirmative Action.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:17 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
Basically the gist is to run America into debt and live "free" right?
Ask your president - that is what he babbles about every night on the news, and he is doing a nice job of running our country into debt.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:23 AM

he's not mine.

Doubt Hillary and Obama would do much better, they were pro war.......
maybe Ron Paul will who knows.....

Old 09-19-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninole View Post
I am a proud liberal, too.

To me it means trying to make the world a better, safer, more tolerant place for my children. It doesn't mean I'm trying to take anything away from other people that I am not also willing to give.

If that makes me a terrible person then I guess I can accept that. I'm happy that I'm not walking around afraid of gays, angry with illegals, worried about gun control, terrified of muslims, and holding on to my money with a death grip. If that works for you - awesome. I'm happy for you. If you can convince the majority of Americans that you are right - great. If not, we win.
Ya you are right. Why be angry with illegals? We should open our borders to everyone and not document them. Who cares if they are criminals,carry diseases, or destroy social services. Let them all be here, its there right as humans to come to any country they want, when they want and not pay taxes

Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agility View Post
Ya you are right. Why be angry with illegals? We should open our borders to everyone and not document them. Who cares if they are criminals,carry diseases, or destroy social services. Let them all be here, its there right as humans to come to any country they want, when they want and not pay taxes
That is ridiculous garbage. That Lou Dobbs piece was completely false about disease, and ignorant people run with it. Show me your statistics for illegal criminality and disease if you are going to spout this trash.

You don't like them here? Then go after the people that employ them. And you better getter an official guest worker program in place quick if you want the menial jobs in our society to get done.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:15 AM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
That is ridiculous garbage. That Lou Dobbs piece was completely false about disease, and ignorant people run with it. Show me your statistics for illegal criminality and disease if you are going to spout this trash.

You don't like them here? Then go after the people that employ them. And you better getter an official guest worker program in place quick if you want the menial jobs in our society to get done.

Statistics about immigration (http://bordersense.com/legal_immigration_numbers.asp - broken link)
Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Diseases

Since it would take to long to post all the statistics on it, just go to those two, they have already compiled it.

Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Statistics about immigration (http://bordersense.com/legal_immigration_numbers.asp - broken link)
Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Diseases

Since it would take to long to post all the statistics on it, just go to those two, they have already compiled it.
Sorry - show me real statistics from mainstream news or academic reviews, not these jokes that people up in immigration forum land love to toss around in their daily hatefest.

According to the Justice Department, 6 percent of prisoners in this country are noncitizens (compared with 7 percent of the population). For a variety of reasons, the crime rate is actually lower among immigrants than natives.

http://ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/pjim05.pdf (broken link)

Lou Dobbs tried to say there are thousands of illegal lepers coming over, which has been proven to be complete BS as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies