Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:00 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2flyy View Post
For example the U.S., UK and France instituted a no fly zone in Iraq in the early 1990s after Desert Storm.

So by you alls crazy logic we've been at war with Iraq the last 20 years!!!!
Actually we have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM

Quote:
That is a fact BACKSPACE, but again that doesn't mean by defintion we are in another war.

We kill innocent civilians in Pakistan, that doesnt mean we are at war with Pakistan.

And I am not arguing the merit of this Libya conflict, I'm just saying stop defining it as a war when it is not
The only reason you don't want to define this as a war is because you support Obama, I care more about the innocent people we are killing in Iraq and Libya than I do about Obama and the PC crowd here that support him no matter what idiotic thing he does today.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM

450 posts, read 503,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Actually we have.
Show me in any history or information reference where it describes from 1991-2011 the US being at war with Iraq....

otherwise you are wrong. We were at war with Iraq in Desert Storm (1990-1991) and we were at war during Operation Iraqi Freedom (beginning in 2003).

again show me any reference where it states U.S has been at war with Iraq from 1991-2003

Old 03-21-2011, 07:04 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,306,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The situations between Ira and Libya aren't even remotely close. First and foremost a major difference exists between setting up a no fly-zone and enforcing that compared to an actual ground war with 140,000 troops.

The debt has not been doubled in two years, that is simply made up.
We were able to enforce an no-fly zone over Iraq from 1991 to 2003 without going to a full scale ground war. And when we did go to a ground war it was a war of choice.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Show me in any history or information reference where it describes from 1991-2011 the US being at war with Iraq....

otherwise you are wrong. We were at war with Iraq in Desert Storm (1990-1991) and we were at war during Operation Iraqi Freedom (beginning in 2003).

again show me any reference where it states U.S has been at war with Iraq from 1991-2003
This has nothing to do with the OP, Libya or Obama so if you want to talk about it start your own thread.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
The only reason you don't want to define this as a war is because you support Obama, I care more about the innocent people we are killing in Iraq and Libya than I do about Obama and the PC crowd here that support him no matter what idiotic thing he does today.
You have a right to feel that way. But I am not defining it as a war because technically and by defintion it is not a WAR.

All I know is Obama was getting bashed heavily by the right for what that described as doing nothing in Libya. they said he was a weak President for letting innocent ppl get killed without action in Libya.

And now that Obama with a coalition from the UN has taken action. Tne right is now bashing Obama for taking action and going to another "war" we cant afford.

Its all political b.s. (the bashing of Obama no matter what he does)

Old 03-21-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
This has nothing to do with the OP, Libya or Obama so if you want to talk about it start your own thread.
You're deflecting Backspace because I was proving you wrong. My post that you said isnt the OP topic was a directly response to you saying that we have been at war with Iraq since the no fly zone in the 1990s.

Again my post was to prove you wrong.

Thoughout this thread and in other post Critics of Obama have said we are in 3rd war because of the no fly zone. Again I'm proving here that that bashing is inaccurate.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
You're deflecting Backspace because I was proving you wrong. My post that you said isnt the OP topic was a directly response to you saying that we have been at war with Iraq since the no fly zone in the 1990s.

Again my post was to prove you wrong.

Thoughout this thread and in other post Critics of Obama have said we are in 3rd war because of the no fly zone. Again I'm proving here that that bashing in inaccurate.
I'm not deflecting anything, you're trying to drag this thread in a completely different direction because you don't like where it's going. If you want to talk about this crap start another thread and stop hijacking this one.

Old 03-21-2011, 07:19 PM

Quote:
I'm not deflecting anything, you're trying to drag this thread in a completely different direction because you don't like where it's going. If you want to talk about this crap start another thread and stop hijacking this one.
Backspace explain to me how am I draggng the thread into a different direction when I was directly responding to your post "actually we have".

Cmon bro I proved you wrong about what you asserted and now you dont want to admit it.

So now I need to create my own thread. LOL!

Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,512,222 times
I've said for two years that the only difference between Bush and Obama was that Obama hadn't started an unjustified war. Well, I guess I can check that one off the list...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies