Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:02 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,123,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
I'm sorry but how does Sears get away with banning Spanish spoken among employees?
Why shouldn't it be allowed to ban it? We ARE in America, after all, and we speak English here.

Quote:

How does Arizona get away with passing legislation that is bigoted consider that over 40% of the states citizens are Hispanic.
I know of no AZ legislation that is bigoted.

Quote:
At some point, you have to blame Hispanics for their apathy and not taking the initiative to register and vote. How does Jan Brewer win reelection in a Hispanic populated state like Arizona.
Maybe the legal Hispanics agree with policies to keep out illegals? Maybe they ARE taking the time to vote, and they just disagree with you and agree with Brewer. Ever consider that?
Quote:

With so many LEGAL Hispanics living in this country, how does legislation or store policies pass??
See above. And besides, store policies are based on the company, not on citizens/voting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2011, 07:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,226,155 times
Yaknow, following the rational of the OP that banning Spanish is bigoted I guess that means that Quebec Canada is the most bigoted prejudiced place in North America....

English is almost exclusively banned in that city by both word and print --- French is the exclusive language in schools.... Yet the population has no problems with the laws.

Must mean some "hispanic" people walk around with a chip on their shoulder acting like little kids wanting their way in everything they do........

I don't understand the OP, you want to live somewhere? You live by their rules... PERIOD

"Hispanics" want to live in America, great!!!! but they live here under American laws...

America has NO obligation to print a damned thing bilingually nor does any American business have to put up with foreign languages spoken by their employees
on company time on company premises.......

Last edited by plwhit; 03-29-2011 at 07:17 PM..

Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,123,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
How do you feel about the Arizona legislation, honestly? My wife and her family are all conservative Mexican Americans who are so insulted by the legislation, they may not vote Republican again for a very long time.

The same holds true for Hispanics I work with in education (conservative or liberal).
If they are here legally, why are they insulted? And, shouldn't they be voting based on issues as opposed to party?

Old 03-29-2011, 07:17 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,324,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yaknow, following the rational of the OP that banning Spanish is bigoted I guess that means that Quebec Canada is the most bigoted prejudiced place in North America....

English is almost exclusively banned in that city by both word and print --- French is the exclusive language in schools.... Yet the population has no problems with the laws.
Yes, their policies are bigoted and have been for a long time. I was also under the impression we were talking about the United States and not Canada. I don't really aspire to follow the policies of foreign countries.

Quote:
I don't understand the OP, you want to live somewhere? You live by their rules... PERIOD
I don't understand you. This is the United States of America, not the United States of Rush Limbaugh. This is a free country in which our citizens have certain basic civil right and liberties that can't be taken away just because some bigots want to do that.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:25 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,324,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Why shouldn't it be allowed to ban it? We ARE in America, after all, and we speak English here.
You are right, we are in America not Afghanistan. We are not the Taliban and beat people if they fail to speak a certain language or follow a certain religion.

Quote:
How many bigots are aware they are bigots or can admit they bigoted?

Quote:
Maybe the legal Hispanics agree with policies to keep out illegals? Maybe they ARE taking the time to vote, and they just disagree with you and agree with Brewer. Ever consider that?
Did you ever think that many second and third generation Hispanics are bilingual and enjoy speaking Spanish among themselves? And the statistics disprove that. Over 70% of the Hispanics in an Arizona poll showed they rejected 1070. And there are 25-30% less eligible Hispanic voters when compared to Whites at the polls.

Quote:
See above. And besides, store policies are based on the company, not on citizens/voting.
So if a store policy is to not hire Blacks, that is legal....oh wait, it wouldn't be. Why is that? Hmmmm

Old 03-29-2011, 07:26 PM

That is the glory of America, you are free to think and say whatever you feel....

The "basic civil rights" you talk about, where are they being taken away or not given?

~ A business has every right to dictate how their employees act on their time on their premises, show me where in the Constitution it says otherwise.....

~ The majority voted in Arizona, officials were elected based on the results, where was the Constitution violated?

I highly suggest you look in a mirror to see where the bigot is...........

Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 PM

77 posts, read 466,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Shopping at Sears in Arizona sounds like a damn good way to show American patriotism. If I was close, i'd swing by for sure.
Glad to see that you're proud of your vile racism.....

Old 03-29-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You can't vote if you are illegal.

Companies can create their own policies. Anyway he should speak English unless he is hostile to speaking it.
They don't all know english genius

Old 03-29-2011, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charger62790 View Post
Glad to see that you're proud of your vile racism.....
Hmmmm Vile racism because the poster wants to shop in an American store...

Now there's the best oxymoronic statement I ever heard

Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post

English is majority language but not the official language of the USA. Look it up
You don't live in AZ or watch the news I guess

The legal latinos(dammit hispanics are from spain.) do not support sb10170 or any antilatino racism. Do you feel that some blacks supported segregation?

So they are allowed to descriminate. I mean as long as it's a latino right?
my responces are in bold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies