Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 08:33 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,678,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I have no problem with first trimester abortions. I view the fetus baby for what it is. I don't care what name you wanna put on it. it is a hard choice for lots of women because as I have said a million times....women are not stupid, we know what abortion is.

how a woman feels about abortion personally is on her. abortion is a hard choice as is giving birth to an unwanted pregnancy to raise or giving it up for adoption.
I was asking you though, lets ignore the fact that I view a baby as just that at the time of conception. What does that mean, "Women are not stupid, we know what abortion is"? You just said you have "no problem with first trimester abortions". So why is abortion a hard choice than? After all you don't believe it is a human life.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,863,545 times
Nothing like beating the DEATH out of this topic.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,602,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
I agree...It's time to abort this discussion.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:42 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,473,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogdad View Post
The majority of the population supports some sort of abortion.

There is a small minority of people that think that abortion should be made illegal, there is a small minority that thinks that all abortion should be legal.

Both of those groups make up less than 20% of the entire population.

The majority of people support some kind of abortions, period. The same arguments have been made, and will continue to be made, because a small very vocal minority wants to keep rehashing the same topics, and will never be satisfied with the majority view.

Its one thing to fight to change the majority view on a topic that they aren't informed about. Everyone knows what abortion is, there isn't anything new about it. We all know what it means, we all know where we stand, so its really a pointless debate. The trouble is that you can't let the vocal minorities run crazy with the topic, rational thought must be put in to avoid stupidity from spreading. Its one of the most contagious diseases, stupidity.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:44 PM

164 posts, read 104,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
The majority of the population supports some sort of abortion.

There is a small minority of people that think that abortion should be made illegal, there is a small minority that thinks that all abortion should be legal.

Both of those groups make up less than 20% of the entire population.

The majority of people support some kind of abortions, period. The same arguments have been made, and will continue to be made, because a small very vocal minority wants to keep rehashing the same topics, and will never be satisfied with the majority view.

Its one thing to fight to change the majority view on a topic that they aren't informed about. Everyone knows what abortion is, there isn't anything new about it. We all know what it means, we all know where we stand, so its really a pointless debate. The trouble is that you can't let the vocal minorities run crazy with the topic, rational thought must be put in to avoid stupidity from spreading. Its one of the most contagious diseases, stupidity.
51% of American consider themselves pro-life Majority of Americans

Old 04-11-2011, 08:45 PM

10,180 posts, read 10,305,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
You may not have a right for an abortion, but the government WILL take care of that child through foster homes or through the penal system
You've never heard of "adoption"?

Old 04-11-2011, 08:46 PM

18,521 posts, read 19,149,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
I was asking you though, lets ignore the fact that I view a baby as just that at the time of conception. What does that mean, "Women are not stupid, we know what abortion is"? You just said you have "no problem with first trimester abortions". So why is abortion a hard choice than? After all you don't believe it is a human life.
I never said I don't believe it isn't a human life. the difference is that it is a "potential" human life that can not sustain life without the use of a womb. many woman find abortion a hard choice because of how "they" feel about aborting.

what does women are not stupid we know what abortion is mean? I doubt you are that dumb, but let me break it down for you...
women=girls, females
stupid= unable to understand
abortion=the removal of an embryo or fetus to terminate pregnancy

Old 04-11-2011, 08:47 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,933,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Its not that they want people to wear condoms....

They just don't want people having sex, unless married, and for the purposes of having children only.
they're crazy..
luckily gay sex doesn't bring on pregnancy.. thank god..
but I will be the first beezy up in here to be real about it.. cuz if I was a woman I would have been knocked up more times than I care to admit...
I woulda been seeking out "oh sh*t" pills like a fat kid seeking out skittles
just sayin

don't judge me!
the devil is in your mouth!

Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 PM

15,207 posts, read 8,737,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If you think the notion that an abandoned, living, breathing, sentient baby, left to die on the side of the road, is in any way, shape or form, comparable to a zygote or fetus that cannot survive outside the womb, means you've become more wise, you're seriously deluding yourself.

That baby on the street possesses qualities that no zygote or fetus possesses.
A baby left on the side of the road cannot not survive outside the womb on it's own anymore than a fetus can inside the womb. The fact is, the baby outside the womb requires more direct, conscious attention to survive than does the fetus that is pretty much taken care of automatically by the mother's body ... with the only requirement that she not subject the baby to ingested toxins, or intentionally have it killed.

This is a baby at 16 weeks. It possesses a fully formed heart (a quality that seems to be lacking in many fully developed breathing adults on this forum) and blood vessels. The eyes blink, and the fingers and toes have prints. No, you can't dress it up in cute little clothes yet, but it is a living baby nonetheless.

Just 4 weeks later, at 20 weeks, the baby sucks it's thumb, yawns, makes facial expressions, and begins to move around.

And here is a baby, at 22 weeks .... OUTSIDE THE WOMB.

Would it be OK to flush this infant down the commode? Or cup your finger across her mouth and nose, suffocating her?

How dare you call me delusional!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
And that baby on the street does not in any way present a threat to anyone's health or life, whereas a zygote or fetus presents an extensive list of potentially dangerous health risks, up to and including death.

As soon as you can die from picking up an abandoned baby off the street, let me know. Then, and only then, will I reconsider your attempted comparison.
Now, can I get you to acknowledge these serious risks of pregnancy? And will you acknowledge that if you were told that for the next 9 months you would be risking all of these potential outcomes to various degrees, that you should have the choice as to whether or not you wanted to eliminate that risk? And that if that choice involved the "killing" of the thing that was causing those risks, that "killing" it would be defending yourself from the risks it poses to your health and life?
Your argument is a total fraud! In the 10 minutes that you took to present this balderdash, 100 live births took place in the United States. And statistically, another 9000 will also take place without a single death of the mother. The facts are, even the 11 in 100,000 official maternal mortality rate is a phony ... the real number is around 4.7 in 100,000.

So, whichever figure you use, worst case scenario ... 1 in 9000, best case scenario 1 in 21,200, and the majority of those cases are perfectly preventable with proper prenatal care, and medically supported delivery. Unlike centeries ago when child birth was definitely dangerous, in the modern developed world, and especially here in the US, giving birth is rather routine, and not considered a serious risk.

Contrast that to the chances of an adult who drives an automobile (average of 50 years) being killed in a car accident which 1 in 100

Old 04-11-2011, 08:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,121,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
You've never heard of "adoption"?
Maybe the woman does not want to endure a pregnancy and the costs and lost work involved.

A woman's reasons for aborting are her business, no one elses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies