Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The reasons for people having abortions are many and varied, and of most importance is that it is none of your business. There is such a thing as privacy, and the reason should remain between a woman and her doctor.
Unless the SCOTUS decides differently, right?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:06 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick
Still looking for a gotcha?

What you fail to realize is that late-term abortion is performed very infrequently. It is not performed for fun, or because someone wakes up 39 weeks pregnant, and decides they have changed their mind. The procedure poses great risk to the mother. It is a terrible decision for a mother to have to make. If you have actually read this thread you will have read formercalifornian's story. Her story is heartbreaking, and I applaud her bravery posting it here.

You are looking for someone in the pro-choice camp to say they support abortion on demand up until 40 weeks gestation because it's her body? Is that what you are looking for?

Perhaps you haven't yet figured out that those in the pro-choice camp are well-educated on the subject of women's health, pregnancy, and abortion. We have seen the gnarly pictures, we have been told ad infinitum "keep 'em closed", we may or may not choose to have abortions ourselves, and that is irrelevant to what we believe. We have heard it all before "murderer, infanticide, baby-killers". We have researched viability, termination procedures, late-term abortion, Roe v. Wade, and exactly why the restrictions are in place. We would never assume to tell someone else what is in their best interests, and we would never assume to make a decision affecting someone else's body without educating ourselves extensively.

Can you say the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Yes, I can say that I too am very educated on the subject, yet I am intellectually honest enough to be able to defend my position instead of diverting away from a question that might prove me otherwise. I would not say that I'm pro-choice and still support a law that removes such a choice. I would not claim that a woman should be able to do what she wants with her body and then support a Supreme Court decision that removes that choice. I understand your position clearly now, its simply ideological and not consistent.
I think you are confused.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
I think you are confused.
I'm not confused at all. I read posters, in one paragraph, state they support a woman's right to choose. Then, in another post, they support Roe v Wade which removes that same woman's right to choose after the first trimester. They use the "its the woman's body" argument but then support laws which limit 3rd trimester abortion while the fetus is still a part of the woman's body. Now, tell me how this can be consistent.

16,225 posts, read 27,453,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Make your choice to protect yourself before you get knocked up.

Now THAT is a hell of a lot safer than anything else.

Stay on topic.
Actually, I was answering your question - you just changed the topic. Guess what? If I choose to have wanton, unprotected sex with 10 different random guys each night and have an abortion every three months, I can! And it's none of your business! Must suck to be so powerless over other people's lives - pity.

2,367 posts, read 7,660,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I believe in the right of all women to control their own reproductive organs. what I believe, my value, my judgment doesn't matter unless it is my pregnancy we are talking about. no ones knows for sure when life begins, is it human? well it isn't a goat so sure it is human.

yes, I can call it a potential life, because that is what it is. a miscarriage is the loss of a potential life as well as an abortion is.
So you are pro-death than, your pro-choice to a woman aborting what you just said is a human, therefore causing death to a human life. You just said "sure it is human". Therefore it is murder. Thats why I am pro-life, Im against murder inside or outside the womb. Im against the death penalty as well. The more I've read this thread I now am against any abortion even in cases of rape or incest because I want to be consistent on my beliefs, and that is that abortion is murder and I am against it.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,064,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Why should a woman go through with an unwanted pregnancy to give a baby to someone else? Because you think so?

An abortion is far safer, and there are literally, at the very least, over 100,000 children in the US right now wishing someone would adopt them. Where is all the compassion for them from the anti-choice crowd?
I have noticed, there have been more than a few pro-lifers that have insinuated just that.

They whine about how hard it is to adopt. They whine about how expensive it is to adopt. They whine about how long they have TO WAIT for a BABY.....as in INFANT.

It makes me think that some pro-lifers simply want to ban abortion so there will be more children to choose from......perfect, white, infants.....to be exact.

And they call women who abort selfish.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,922,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Unless the SCOTUS decides differently, right?
to decide differently would mean new evidence must be presented.. otherwise common law principles apply which means you're sh*t out of luck

even if it were to happen.. what are we going to start having.. pregnancy police?

hell in utah just last year.. a girl had her boyfriend punch her in the stomache.. guess what.. MISCARRIAGE.. they tried to file charges against them, but the girl friend said she wanted punched and it wasn't an abortion..
the point is.. if a child is not wanted.. there are always ways to make it go away.. legal abortion is a safe clean responsible way that functions under strict guidlines.. so that a fetus with relatively no brain is being aborted rather than a Punch to a 7month pregnant stomache or various other scary things people will do

Old 04-11-2011, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
So you are pro-death than, your pro-choice to a woman aborting what you just said is a human, therefore causing death to a human life. You just said "sure it is human". Therefore it is murder. Thats why I am pro-life, Im against murder inside or outside the womb. Im against the death penalty as well. The more I've read this thread I now am against any abortion even in cases of rape or incest because I want to be consistent on my beliefs, and that is that abortion is murder and I am against it.
I applaud your consistency, something that seems rare on this subject. I don't necessarily agree with it, but at least you are intellectually honest.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:15 PM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTownNative View Post
finally you spit it out I am not pro death. calling abortion "murder" does not make it so.

if you are against abortion and think women shouldn't have one then you are for forced breeding. you think women should be forced to remain pregnant against their will?

Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
to decide differently would mean new evidence must be presented.. otherwise common law principles apply which means you're sh*t out of luck
You've misunderstood my post. Some of the same posters who have expressed support for Roe V Wade, a decision by the SCOTUS, also say they support a woman's right to choose because "its her body". My point was that they seem to support a woman's right to choose except when the SCOTUS has decided differently.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies