Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 11:30 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
You may have repeated yourself, but your thinking is still WRONG. Why should we pay for them, all the while leaving citizens whose parents did the right thing with not education opportunity?

If you push for deportation, but leave the borders open, they will return. Kick them out, then lock it up. But the useless ideologues in the administration will never **** off their future voters.

And quit using "normalize" and call it what it is - LEGALIZE. I know the lefties like to make up words so people don't know their true agenda, but it's really getting old.
Bah ringwise, leave them to their high ideals.
This is CA doing this to themselves.
They want to use their state funds to educated illegals through college then let them. Then THEY can employ them at their own expense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 11:36 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Liberwackies fancy themselves as being modern day Robin Hoods: stealing from the rich (evil white, male Republicans who worked their butts off to be successful) and giving to the poor (so-called oppressed minorities who expect handouts from the government because they're taught by the liberal Democrat progressives to think of themselves as helpless victims of a pathologically racist society who secretly hates them). When they talk about "fairness", they're really talking about the redistribution of white male Republican's wealth. Be very afraid.

Beyond the Fairness Doctrine
Barack Obama says he wouldn't reintroduce the Federal Communications Commission's most notorious speech-squashing regulation. But there are more mundane reasons to fear the next FCC.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:39 AM

2,208 posts, read 1,836,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Beep, beep, back up the bus.

We should not allow ILLEGAL immigrants who have broken our laws, and may or may NOT contribute to the CA economy get an education, courtesy of the taxpayer. Yup, they can blame their parents. Just as I can "blame" mine for not getting a better paying job so they could pay for my college. For having my mom stay home so there was little money for college. For getting divorced and affecting my earning potential.

Logic is knowing that people that break the law should NEVER be rewarded for that behavior. And people that are US citizens should not foot the bill for illegals to get an education. The Left's ONLY appeal is to emotion. Why else do they always throw in "it's for the children" and "they shouldn't suffer because of decisions their parents made".

Why cut them off? Because they don't belong here. As for talent pool, we can open up those opportunities to american born citizens just as easily.
I already went through this. I have little tolerance for emotional appeals for intolerance and poor policies.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Liberwackies fancy themselves as being modern day Robin Hoods: stealing from the rich (evil white, male Republicans who worked their butts off to be successful) and giving to the poor (so-called oppressed minorities who expect handouts from the government because they're taught by the liberal Democrat progressives to think of themselves as helpless victims of a pathologically racist society who secretly hates them). When they talk about "fairness", they're really talking about the redistribution of white male Republican's wealth. Be very afraid.

Beyond the Fairness Doctrine
Barack Obama says he wouldn't reintroduce the Federal Communications Commission's most notorious speech-squashing regulation. But there are more mundane reasons to fear the next FCC.
Do you even read your posts? If your beliefs are indicative of the larger movement, the right is screwed.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bah ringwise, leave them to their high ideals.
This is CA doing this to themselves.
They want to use their state funds to educated illegals through college then let them. Then THEY can employ them at their own expense.
All you've repeated over and over and over is that they are illegal. That's it. That's all your argument is. Nothing more. I've showed how college educated people have lower unemployment rates. I've explained how higher incomes means more consumer goods and tax collection. I even explained how by raising property taxes that are ridiculously low as well as income taxes for the wealthy that are also historically low we can fund education for BOTH illegal immigrants (who comprise less than 10% of the CA population...roughly 5% or so) and legal residents.

I stated that they would have to become educated. Yet, you and ringwise ignore all that and parrot the same line over and over again.

You're doing the same thing that tropical birds do, regurgitate the same lines without addressing the other points.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibro1 View Post
All you've repeated over and over and over is that they are illegal. That's it. That's all your argument is. Nothing more. I've showed how college educated people have lower unemployment rates. I've explained how higher incomes means more consumer goods and tax collection. I even explained how by raising property taxes that are ridiculously low as well as income taxes for the wealthy that are also historically low we can fund education for BOTH illegal immigrants (who comprise less than 10% of the CA population...roughly 5% or so) and legal residents.

I stated that they would have to become educated. Yet, you and ringwise ignore all that and parrot the same line over and over again.

You're doing the same thing that tropical birds do, regurgitate the same lines without addressing the other points.
And college educated illegals have what chance of getting a job ?
You refuse to acknowledge they are illegals in this country.

Old 04-26-2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And college educated illegals have what chance of getting a job ?
You refuse to acknowledge they are illegals in this country.
Wow, FIVE TIMES I stated that THEY WOULD NOT BE ILLEGAL!!! FIVE TIMES. Under DREAM, they would be legal upon completion. I've stated that SEVERAL times. Here is time number six.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Wow, FIVE TIMES I stated that THEY WOULD NOT BE ILLEGAL!!! FIVE TIMES. Under DREAM, they would be legal upon completion. I've stated that SEVERAL times. Here is time number six.
Not under the CA Dream Act..that's just a funding bill.
There is no Federal legislation in the works to grant amnesty.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:34 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,312,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Is anyone else tired of hearing the left talk about "fairness"?
I'm much more tired of hearing people talk about left and right

Old 04-26-2011, 01:38 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,982,916 times
Quote:
I already went through this. I have little tolerance for emotional appeals for intolerance and poor policies.
As I have little tolerance for someone trying to "school" me into silence.

Emotional appeals are shrieking that we can't punish children for their parents' misdeeds. Poor policies is spending more money that you have.

Hello, kettle. This is the pot. You're black.Wait, is that racists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies