Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 10:35 AM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
You are using conservapedia, and foxnews as sources also, so I'm guessing, being Bias doesn't matter to you.

Conservapedia is a Wiki, ( like wikipedia...lol) so anybody can post there or edit anything also.

Oh and what of the pops up from one of those examiner pages. Was flagged for possible spyware/phishing. Its one of those you won a free IPAD things.
I did not seek out these web sites, i did Google searches for 0bama quotes and from the news reports i have been hearing on the radio. I cannot help it if the left wing mainstream media reports on these issues do not show up near the top of the searches.

Do your own Google searches like i did, and find left leaning sites if you like. I chose links that had full quotes, video, interviews, I tried not to use sites that were full of commentary and partial quotes.

Here are a few of the words and phrases i used to perform my searches. some of these sites lead me to other sites.

epa coal mining denied Spruce

"electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket"

"how to boost the price of gasoline" Europe Chu

clean energy standard by 2035

"shell oil company" epa Chukchi permit

Feel free to search on your own, i could care less, you drones just act foolish most of the time anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 10:37 AM

4,301 posts, read 7,034,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The first statement is a complete lie and I had to stop there. Gas was $3.11 a gallon when Obama was sworn into office.

U.S. gas prices
Nice attempt at deception, but Obama was sworn in January 2009, not 2008.

A couple days after Obama was sworn in, gas was $1.84.

So you are the one in the wrong.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:39 AM

27 posts, read 16,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Nice attempt at deception, but Obama was sworn in January 2009.

A couple days after Obama was sworn in, gas was $1.84.

So you are the one in the wrong.
And it went up to 4 a gallon under bush, so bush was to blame for high oil? Get real you people are so stupid its amazing.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:40 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Gas Prices Up Because of LEGAL Speculation; Not Manipulation (nor a lack of supply) [Video]

Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I spent 69.00 at the pump last night.
What is the problem now?

Obama has done NOTHING for the American people.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:41 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,139,161 times
For goshakes, read a book on peak oil already. How are we going to sustain our way of life if we don't adapt? Even George W. Bush admitted our addiction to oil is problematic.

BTW, if you are gonna blame Obama for high gas prices, you have to credit him for the rising stock market and solidifying economy (and don't disagree just because you might be underemployed).

Old 04-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurynome View Post
Even Pat Buchanan said presidents have no control over the price of Oil, if they did it would be called nationalizing it and you idiots would scream over that.
There is a big difference, in grades one does the best they can and earn the best that they can. With taxes, people who exploit others to make wealth take away opportunity from others in their exploitation. To make it a more equal situation you would have to have a learning environment where the top 5% grade holders have all the access to learning material and teachers and the rest have to scrap for the 10% of what remains. Then to ask the top 5% to give to those who did not have access to the majority of material it would be fair.
Look at the actions 0bama and his administration have been taking, all he has been doing is to make it difficult if not impossible to drill for oil, or mine for coal or produce electricity.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
If you consider that destroying the recovery will aid the Republicans in the next election and most oil executives support the Republicans it is reasonable to conclude the oil executives have raised prices to destroy the economy and prevent president Obama’s second term. That they are collecting many billions doing so only supports the previous conclusion.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:46 AM

27 posts, read 16,700 times
Oil price is set by the stock market and demand. With Asia and other nations buying oil at any price and the dwindling supply it will be high. Oil peaked out in the USA in 1970, it most likely is peaking out now or has with in the past couple of years. Oil peak is like a recession you don't know you are in one till you are well past the beginning. There has not been a major find in oil for some 12 years or more. We get most of our oil from the tar sands of Canada, and the shale deposits in the Midwest cost 2 barrels to get 3 out. We have to cut usage and look at wind and solar, long distance high speed rail, stop the idea that we are entitled to the 3000 mile Cesar salad. You people who think we can drill our way out of this have no idea what is going on.

Old 04-27-2011, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Excellent work Wapasha. The forum Liberals are steering clear of this thread so far. That says alot in and of itself.

Jermaine88, regardless of who did the reporting, are you able to debunk the direct quotes? I'm questioning how much of a conservative you really are, so please by all means, debunk the research Wapasha has put forth if you feel that it is flawed.
Thanks. I just thought about the high costs in gas, and from what I have been hearing in the news, I decided upon this conclusion, 0bama is doing his damnedest to increase energy costs, just as he and others in his administration have been saying. This only took me an hour to put together. Google is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies