Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 09:50 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,082,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by subsound View Post
I agree, the public schools are totally indoctrinating kids into the horrors of a good education.

Please take your kids home and teach them crap in order to screw them up for their entire lives.

We need more people to serve the educated folks.
I think you are ignorant to how educated our kids are coming out of public schools.
I think they should stick to educating our kids instead of spewing social agenda. All they produce at school are herds of sheep. No wonder parents are scared, they should be, the teachers opinions are the only things their kids are actually learning in school.
How can a group of uneducated people decide who to vote for? Who should be president? Who should represent them in congress? ETC.......................I'll tell you how, they seem to be making their choices from others spew. Why don't we give them the tools (an education) to actually decide on their own who to vote for. What to believe. Instead of leaving them uneducated with a bunch of useless opinions to base their lives on. Geezzzzz
Who is the vice president? Ask America stumps voters - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_askamerica/20101025/pl_yblog_askamerica/who-is-the-vice-president-ask-america-stumps-voters - broken link)
Can you say BAAAAA, BAAAAA, here sheepy sheepy
I bet all these kids have an opinion on what path our country should go in, scary isn't it!!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:15 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,203,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Good luck. I hope you pass.

I know my daughter shall, her mom is a gp and I know some things too.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
A Must Watch Video!

Indoctrination in Our Classrooms: Glenn Meets Parents Who Are Taking Stands | The Blaze

Time to wake up to what is happening to our children in the public schools. Time to take a stand!
You might want to adjust your tin foil hat....

Somehow I made it through 12 years public school, and 4 years of a public university without being indoctrinated into communism or any fringe left wing groups.. Actually, I'm fully capable of making my own mind up about things, and have my own views (personally I think both D's and R's, libs and neocons are all full of BS). And somehow my child has been in public school, and I haven't noticed him coming home with any applications to the join the communist party.

I'll bet all of you people wouldn't be screaming "indoctrination" if the public schools decided to start teaching fundamentalist Christianity in the classroom.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:54 AM

59,094 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Keep them close and teach them nonsense. You going to bother teaching them English? Arithmatic? Algebra? Actual, not propogansistic , History? Some social skills?

I think homeschooling is a treat to the parent's ego and a disservice to the kids.
What a sham. I have met many home schooled kids and they have faired very well. In fact Home school children generally score higher in most tests and do better in college.

One thing we can always count on is your bias toward ANYONE who does not agree with you.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,140,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I am, starting homeschool in 6 weeks.
I hope you are outsourcing the lessons on grammar and punctuation.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maja View Post
A Must Watch Video!

Indoctrination in Our Classrooms: Glenn Meets Parents Who Are Taking Stands | The Blaze

Time to wake up to what is happening to our children in the public schools. Time to take a stand!
Homeschool and then you never have to worry about the indoctrination that's what me and my fiancee are gonna do when we have kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
too late I'm afraid. some 26 states have already agreed to adopt federal national standards. My own arkansas among them. Damn shame.
That's what happens when states are drunk on federal welfare. The feds can dictate whatever they want

Old 04-29-2011, 11:07 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,825,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Homeschool and then you never have to worry about the indoctrination that's what me and my fiancee are gonna do when we have kids.

Homeschooling....that just seems to be a recipe for creating people who are socially retarded. Getting used to and dealing with people of all walks of life is a fact of life, as is hearing different viewpoints. Apparently you want kids who are brainwashed robots who cannot think for themselves, and never hear a dissenting opinion.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Homeschooling....that just seems to be a recipe for creating people who are socially retarded. Getting used to and dealing with people of all walks of life is a fact of life, as is hearing different viewpoints. Apparently you want kids who are brainwashed robots who cannot think for themselves, and never hear a dissenting opinion.
Lol silly liberal. Plenty of socialization available for homeschoolers. It's called, sociaizing with other homeschoolers! Wow who would have thought. I'm sure I can find at least a couple out of the several tens of thousands out there

Old 04-29-2011, 11:11 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,762,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Nope, that is what we depend on the public education system to provide for us, brainwashed robots who can't think for themselves.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:13 AM

3,681 posts, read 6,275,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offsetdude View Post
Ummm 'Indoctrination' in the schools (public, private, or parochial) is nothing new.
If the party line bothers you, move your child(ren) to a school that is geared toward your beliefs.
Becoming increasingly difficult to do. Federally mandated curriculum/evaluation with the dangling carrot of Federal Funds is coming to all schools sooner than you think. Do whatever you can to fend it off; i.e., the money isn't worth it. You may like the political slant today but what happens when it shifts in a few years and you are stuck with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies