Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 09:05 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,469,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
If 'official sources' have any credibility with you they didn't want any sort of shrine--to be visited/fought over.

I am satisfied with that. I suppose there will be many documents to be analyzed--cough--if someone didn't dot an 'i'--things could get serious.
You don't have to have an actual body to have a shrine, so I don't buy that. They will still make one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:09 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,760,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I have to ask this question. Something isn't right with any of this. Why was OBL's body supposedly dumped so quick when we didn't do the same for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi? We held on to his body to prove his identity then released photos right away.
Who is "we"?

In any case, there was some concern about releasing the death photos at the time for fear of creating iconography for extremists to exploit.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:11 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
I have to ask this question. Something isn't right with any of this. Why was OBL's body supposedly dumped so quick when we didn't do the same for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi? We held on to his body to prove his identity then released photos right away.
Quote:
You don't have to have an actual body to have a shrine, so I don't buy that. They will still make one.
We're agreeing on this, "partner"

They "say" they destroyed the compound so it wouldn't become a shrine....well, why not let it become a shrine and when worshippers show up...SHOOT THEM

Old 05-02-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
I think OBL is dead. My guess is we captured him, questioned him, and tortured him during that questioning, which probably killed him. Pictures would probably show evidence of torture, which we all know happens but can't be admitted to.

First, after this guy evades the big, bad US for ten years they want us to believe they just found him and shot him? pfft, that doesn't add up.

OBL was an ill man, right? I doubt he could survive too much 'interrogation'.

I think they found him, tortured/interrogated him and he died from that. I mean seriously, when had the US cared about the religious ways of anyone other than Christians? It made for an excellent story for the public, and a way to hide the truth behind his capture/killing.

Since OBL was ill it could also be that they found him; infirm, ailing and dying.

Of course, I'm just speculating like everyone else, but I do believe he is dead. They would not risk him coming back in another video.

Either way, we'll never know the whole truth. We know what they decide to tell us.
You dispute eyewitness accounts of the 40-minute firefight in the compound?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
What about the eye witness accounts of the Jessica Lynch rescue that was not real?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
We're agreeing on this, "partner"

They "say" they destroyed the compound so it wouldn't become a shrine....well, why not let it become a shrine and when worshippers show up...SHOOT THEM
I say do that too. I really hope this is true, but I have my reservations. Time will tell.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
What about the eye witness accounts of the Jessica Lynch rescue that was not real?
It was staged, so of course there were eyewitness accounts.

Are you saying this was staged?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:33 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,252,147 times
Quote:
What we should say is it really doesn't matter what any of us dispute or even IF we dispute anything. Maybe it happened exactly the way they say it did, maybe it didn't. Point is we will never know.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
It was staged, so of course there were eyewitness accounts.

Are you saying this was staged?
It sure is possible isn't it? The Jessica Lynch rescue was staged right?

Old 05-02-2011, 09:42 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,689,005 times
The birth cerf was a fake, and has been photo shopped and if you down load it you can see all the layers they did and forgot to take it off when they posted and released the doc. I'm not saying he wasn't born here but I do think something is missing and or they are lying about something Obama doesn't want the public to know. I find all this just a interesting on the timing that all this occurred.

Now for the last 10 years we have spending trillions and trying to find this man yet no proof and no pictures seems odd. hmmmm? Is that a consirprary no its common sense people want PROOF!!

Also first it was said he was killed a week ago and I think some in the press knew about this just didn't know when it was going to get released to the public. The delay was supposedly because they needed the DNA evidence to confirm its him and I think this happened last week sometime not Sunday which the white house is saying. If you talk to different white house people they say something else on the time line.
Then Obama said it all happened Sunday as in he gave the order on Sunday and or Friday. Which is it?

Also isn't odd how within 20 minutes of leaked information the OBAMA was going to tell the nation Osama was dead people showed up at the whitehouse to cheer and chant USA. All college kids (probably Obama supporters) already having American flags AND some guy was wearing a USA shirt. I find it ODD. Getting college kids let alone anyone to organize and all come to the whitehouse that quickly seems shall we say "staged"
I would also like to know if we will ever hear from these navy seals and or even if we will ever get proof of this mission ever happened. Why would I suggest and or question anything when it comes to this government, because the media LIES and WASHINGTON LIES OFTEN!!

Now it could have happened just as they said it did thou I find it crazy that Osama had been living in Pakistan all this time. This place was built and nobody knew about it and appears it was built in 2005! While we gave billions to Pakistan to help them find him. So while we are nation building in IRAQ, and Afghanistan and losing American lives we gave money to the country who really was helping him all this time seems like a stupid failed foreign policy when it comes to who our allies are on the war on terror!!

What should have happened after 9-11 was intelligence should have ran and with black ops and spy technology hunted him down as some members of congress suggested. We should have destroyed the Taliban in and then left Afghanistan with the first year and leveled the place. No nation building and helping crazy people get back on their feet and should have ignored IRAQ.

Now that OSAMA is DEAD bring our troops home of which we should have done years ago. We never needed ground troops this has been war propaganda.

If you listened to Ron Paul a long time ago you wouldn't be dealing with neocon idealogy and OBAMA taking 10 years LATER about we finally got the man who was living in a nicely built 1million dollar bunker in the Pakistan military retired community. Stop giving these people money!!!
This is the same thing as Libya, Egypt, and the rest of the countries we support on the "war on terror"

Is it a consirpary no its just the continue IDIOT government policies that do not know who the enemy is who were are supporting and the so called "uprising" currently going on is not really DEMOCRACY just people feed up with their current form of government. We have no idea what government they will get and or if it will be worse then the one we have supported for decades.

Last edited by LibertyandJusticeforAll; 05-02-2011 at 10:17 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies