Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,247,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Where do you get the idea these areas are only in the south?

Nita

Where did I say these areas were only in the south? I named one south location to give as an example.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2011, 09:17 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,839,298 times
Why would anyones opinion of a politician change because the CIA and Navy Seals killed a terrorist? People are laying Obama praise on thick. He gave them permission to kill the guy, because they were required to ask. End of story, and end of accolades. This has nothing to do with D's or R's, Present or past Presidents. Any of us could of done what Obama did. "Yeah, kill him". I would feel exactly the same if any President was in office during this operation.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:06 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Bizarre post. Not everyone in those "extremely red" states shares the same opinion of Obama to begin with. And "extremely red" is a misnomer. There is no such thing. The partisan issue is better examined from a county-level perspective, and when such an examination happens, the glaring rule is that rural areas tend to vote more conservatively, and urban areas tend to vote more progressively. This is especially true of national elections. Many of those so-called "red" states have had very healthy Democratic parties, and have had Democratic delegations to Congress for decades.
Many of these people consider my state, Kansas, to be southern and I can promise you that other than some governors and some local people Democrats never win elections in Kansas. I keep telling people that it all stems from the Civil War days and the way slavers tried to force slavery on the territory and too many of Henry Ward Beecher's people were here. Some could learn a lot about that time by reading up on what were known as Beecher's Bibles back then. Boxes and boxes of Bibles seemed to be coming from Ohio, Beecher's home state and turning out to have repeating rifles in them. Maybe some could understand about the massacres that took place in rural areas in the state and even a much larger one by slavers in the city of Lawrence where they attempted to kill all the men. This was because only men could vote back then.

We are a very red state and Obama will never get inside the place because he knows that he won't get any of our whopping 6 electoral votes. He may get some wins in cities where unions are strong but not the whole rural state.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:24 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,247,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
Why would anyones opinion of a politician change because the CIA and Navy Seals killed a terrorist? People are laying Obama praise on thick. He gave them permission to kill the guy, because they were required to ask. End of story, and end of accolades. This has nothing to do with D's or R's, Present or past Presidents. Any of us could of done what Obama did. "Yeah, kill him". I would feel exactly the same if any President was in office during this operation.
Sounds like somebody didnt listen to the news and instead received news updates on twitter. Umm, Obama manufactured the whole strategy to get Obama. So it wasnt just a simple ok.

Old 05-02-2011, 11:40 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's not just the deep south, the radical right nationwide still unbelievably (or not) hate Obama and are continuing to bash him even after this massive victory for america and humanity. These people will never approve of anything someone without an (R) next to their name does, let alone a black man.
lol

Old 05-02-2011, 11:48 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,259,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Where did I say these areas were only in the south? I named one south location to give as an example.
You said go down to South Carolina and "them" extremely red states which to me says South.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:36 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You said go down to South Carolina and "them" extremely red states which to me says South.
Yes, "them" rednecks' in the south with poor grammar.

Old 05-03-2011, 04:38 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,528,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Sounds like somebody didnt listen to the news and instead received news updates on twitter. Umm, Obama manufactured the whole strategy to get Obama. So it wasnt just a simple ok.
Wait! You say: "Obama manufactured the whole strategy to get Obama." You think he's a danger to himself?

All of a sudden Obama is a cowboy-maybe he secretly wishes he would like to be like Bush.

If Bush or Cheney had done this all the lefties would be running around saying "Where's the proof, where's the proof, what an inhumane and vile man." Again, the hypocricy of the left and left-wing media.

Old 05-03-2011, 11:16 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,917,068 times
Quote:
FreshFresh;C'mon, you know what I mean......
Believe me, we do know what you mean and we also know that the premise of the OP is nonsense.

Quote:
......The red areas, the tea party areas, you know the places shown on youtube where people saying racist things about Obama? Yeah those places, I wonder if their opinion has changed
What ever possessed you to tie OBL's death with a dislike of Obama's handling of his office by "red" voters and the TP'ers?

Old 05-05-2011, 08:01 PM

736 posts, read 524,477 times
Just a question to the OP, ARE YOU DENSE? Obama should only recieve 25% credit. Without bush this never would of happened, and I hope this changes no ones opinion of him. I don't see him of any a better person, just someone who called a hit. Bush is the one who originally put this plan into action. I really hope he is not elected again because that could truly be the end of this country. Also those "red states" are the only thing in this country that is sane any more. Some of the best political minds come out of the south, like haley barbour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies