Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 08:36 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

a complete stretch. bin laden wasn't operating any camps in iraq before 9-11. ZERO.

bin laden's "PLEDGE" was to not operate inside of Iraq. LOL, you cite only confirms that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I didnt know that we were only concerned with the al Qaeda terrorists, and the other ones meant no harm to us

But page 66, "In mid-1998, the situtation reversed: it was iraq that reportedly took the initiative. In March 1998, after Bin Ladin's public fatwa against the United States, two al Qaeda members reportedly went to Iraq to meet with iraqi intellignece. In July, an Iraqi delegation traveled to Afghanistan to meet first with the Taliban and then with Bin Ladin"..

"Similar meetings between Iraq officials and Bin Ladin or his aids may have occured in 1999 during a period of some reported strains with the Taliban."

Page 61 clearly establishes the camps were in Iraq
"Bin Ladin apparently honored this pledge, at least for a time, although he continued to aid a group of Islamist estremists operating in part of Iraq (Kudistan) outside of Baghdad's control"..

No stretch, just accuracy..
LOL, reventing history? the al qaeda was in a region beyond saddam's control in Kurdistan. they didn't show up in iraq proper until after bush invaded iraq.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2011, 08:42 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,398,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Yes, you read it right, the "linchpin" to Osama's demise was through a terrorist captured in Iraq.

Phone call by Kuwaiti courier led to bin Laden - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_bin_laden_hunt_for_bin_laden - broken link)

I really, really want to know how many anti-war Liberals will stand up and say "THANK YOU PRESIDENT BUSH!"

The answer, of course, will be none. And we all know its because hypocrisy and abject foolishness is the foundation of Liberal war policies.

So, i'll say it for you: Thank you President Bush for your anti-terror policies, your stance against Iraq, the capture of Hassan Ghul, and the ultimate killing of Osama Bin Laden.
That seems like a fair trade thousands of US solidiers, billions of dollars, and expanded Iranian influnce for a courier...What a deal.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:44 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
First, Saddam had eleven months to do what he wanted with removing things. The UN blocked us that long, so don't make like he couldn't hide what he wanted to.
Tens of thousands in mass graves.
Thousands of children in jail.
Torture rooms.
Tons upon tons of yellow cake and chemical WMD found in separated drums.
He was shooting at planes over the no fly zone and was trying to buy more WMD.
Please, it didn't hinge only on the WMD.
I have it on good authority that France has WMD's, and that Sarkozy is a madman.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Quote:
So, i'll say it for you: Thank you President Bush for your anti-terror policies, your stance against Iraq, the capture of Hassan Ghul, and the ultimate killing of Osama Bin Laden.
Yes, the guy got captured in Iraq during the Bush administration. That is good.

Here, I'll say it: nice job, President Bush! Thank you!

Now can you play nice and fair and say thank you, President Obama, for playing an important role in getting Bin Laden? Didn't think so.

By the way, it's tough to say that they wouldn't have been able to get him had we not gone to war with Iraq. USA has very advanced intelligence and striking capabilities all over the Middle East and the globe. They just unilaterally killed a dude in Pakistan, and that was done without going into a multi-billion dollar war with that country.

Oh, and also by the way: your massive partisan inferiority complex over how this whole thing played out under Obama is really showing. It's kinda painful to watch!

Old 05-03-2011, 11:25 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
That seems like a fair trade thousands of US solidiers, billions of dollars, and expanded Iranian influnce for a courier...What a deal.

What would we have achieved in Afghanistan if we didn't have the courier?

And what of Afghanistan? Can we stay there forever to babysit people who would prefer to live in the Middle Ages?

For the record, we were blindsided by 9/11 because we had no CIA agents on the ground inside Afghanistan before it happened. Should we have rolled the dice with Iraq knowing they had chemical and biological weapons which were unaccounted for? How much better was our Intel inside Iraq if we couldn't even account for WMDs?

So what is your solution Randomstudent?

Old 05-04-2011, 12:10 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
You know what the point is....but i'll be glad to point it out: The anti-war Left despise Bush...despise the Iraq war...and despise anyone who points out their hypocrisy. So, here I am, pointing out to you that the anti-war Left are celebrating the death of Osama bin Laden....which was made possible through a guy caught in Iraq as part of the Bush anti-terror strategy. But yet you won't offer one ounce of praise to that effect.
No, I won't. Why was Al Q in Iraq, again? They despised Saddam Hussein's secular Baath party, and Hussein certainly had no plans to hand over Iraq to the Grand Caliphate that was Al Q's ultimate goal. Hell, bin Laden had to make a specific edict that it was OK for (what he considered) a good Muslim to fight the US in Iraq, even if it meant supporting an apostate like Saddam Hussein.

To anyone thinking 4,000 US KIA and a good 100,000 dead Iraqi civilians are a fair trade to bag one Al Queda mastermind, I suggest looking up the term "pyrrhic victory".

Old 05-04-2011, 12:11 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
a complete stretch. bin laden wasn't operating any camps in iraq before 9-11. ZERO.

bin laden's "PLEDGE" was to not operate inside of Iraq. LOL, you cite only confirms that.
So you think you know more than the 911 commission report? Care to show us your qualifications because I QUOTED right from their report..
Quote:
FAIL!!, it says they were operating in kudisatan, outside of Baghdad Maybe you should learn how to read better.
Quote:
LOL, reventing history? the al qaeda was in a region beyond saddam's control in Kurdistan. they didn't show up in iraq proper until after bush invaded iraq.
Speaking of reinveting history.. Where is ANYTHING that says this is true? maybe you need to begin to educate yourself by reading the report for yourself rather than pretending it doesnt say things that it does...

Old 05-04-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
First, Saddam had eleven months to do what he wanted with removing things. The UN blocked us that long, so don't make like he couldn't hide what he wanted to.
Great plan. "Invasion is imminent, hide our most potent weapons!"

Quote:
Tens of thousands in mass graves.
Thousands of children in jail.
No lack of that in half a dozen countries I could rattle off. Yet, somehow, the guy who ran on "No nation building" decided that Iraq had to be attacked pretty much immediately.

Quote:
Torture rooms.
I thought it was called "enhanced interrogation".

Quote:
Tons upon tons of yellow cake and chemical WMD found in separated drums.
Yellowcake under IAEA monitoring. And yellowcake isn't a WMD, not even close. Here, you can buy the ore online: Amazon.com: Uranium Ore: Industrial & Scientific - extracting uranium oxides (that's what yellowcake is) from ore is trivial chemistry. If the yellowcake at Tuwaitha was so important, how come the freakin' US Army left it unguarded for days?

As for the binary WMD, I have asked you for a cite for that on this board before. Not "chemicals that can be bad when combined", show me evidence of a binary chemical agent or precursors.

Quote:
He was shooting at planes over the no fly zone
Which was a unilateral UK/US setup, not part of the armistice nor any UN treaty. The victor has room to roam, but I am finding it hard to be really surprised.

Quote:
and was trying to buy more WMD.
Cite? Please, not the aluminum-tubes-of-doom. Those were embarrassing.

Quote:
Please, it didn't hinge only on the WMD.
Well, they threw all they had at the wall, but WMD was the main marketing point - even Wolfowitz has admitted to tat,

Old 05-04-2011, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
FAIL!!, it says they were operating in kudisatan, outside of Baghdad Maybe you should learn how to read better.
This has to be a joke. Your own post:
Quote:
Bin Ladin apparently honored this pledge, at least for a time, although he continued to aid a group of Islamist estremists operating in part of Iraq (Kudistan) outside of Baghdad's control
Not "outside of Baghdad". "Outside of Baghdad's control". In Kurdistan. An area - now, please savor the irony - an area not controlled by Baghdad thanks in no little part to the US/UK no-fly zones.

Old 05-04-2011, 08:03 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times
LOL, great job cherry picking words, "...OUTSIDE OF BAGHDAD'S CONTROL..." opps, you forgot that one tiny little word that changes everything. LOL, proof you are intellectually dishonest. honestly, NOBODY should trust a word you say.

even taking what you put out there;"they were operating in kudisatan, outside of Baghdad" as if KuRdistan is a suburb of Bagdad, LOL. Take a moment and look at a map. KuRdistan is about as far away from Baghdad as you can get. Remember those Kurds that saddam is supposed to have used poison gas on? that's Kurdistan. These KURDISH camps were on the iranian border, OUTSIDE OF SADDAM'S CONTROL....

EPIC FAIL, on your part. Instead of showing that bin laden and saddam were working together on the operation of any terror camps, you are citing info that shows bin laden was providing indirect aid to the opposition to saddam. you know, the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I have read the section you are cherry-picking from. you are making a long stretch to claim, or should I say, completely LYING, to say what they found prior to 9-11 were al gaeda training camps.

hey, I hear there are TERROR training camps in the hills of Montana, does that make them part of al qaeda???
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgpghquest9007838
So you think you know more than the 911 commission report? Care to show us your qualifications because I QUOTED right from their report..

FAIL!!, it says they were operating in kudisatan outside of Baghdad Maybe you should learn how to read better.

Speaking of reinventing history.. Where is ANYTHING that says this is true? maybe you need to begin to educate yourself by reading the report for yourself rather than pretending it doesn't say things that it does...
you overreach and should just admit your wrong, there were ZERO al qaeda camps in IRAQ before 9-11.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies