Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 08:17 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,205,104 times

Advertisements

agree 100%, I suggest the someone intentionally leaving out the word CONTROL from that quotation has ZERO credibility and should begin the healing process by making an apology for being so dishonest.

Forget the fact that Saddam was using poison gas on the Kurds, forget that the USA was giving the Kurds cover, forget that Bush's rational for invading Iraq had ZERO to do with al qaeda... this nonsense is beginning to sound like Bush, "let's shape and cherry pick the evidence to support my predetermined conclusions".

another EPIC FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This has to be a joke. Your own post:

Not "outside of Baghdad". "Outside of Baghdad's control". In Kurdistan. An area - now, please savor the irony - an area not controlled by Baghdad thanks in no little part to the US/UK no-fly zones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 09:14 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Thank you. Thank you very much
I am sure Saddam Hussein would allow America to do a house-to-house search of his country looking for "leads" to Osama Bin Laden

Saddam Hussein SUPPORTED terrorism. He paid the families of suicide bombers.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I am sure Saddam Hussein would allow America to do a house-to-house search of his country looking for "leads" to Osama Bin Laden

Saddam Hussein SUPPORTED terrorism. He paid the families of suicide bombers.
So did Reagan with the Death Squads in Latin America. We've supported such activities in foreign countries for decades, meddling with their internal affairs.

Don't try to stretch something imaginary and present it as a reality that somehow Saddam was in a cozy relationship with Osama, or Al Qaeda in general.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:21 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,734,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So did Reagan with the Death Squads in Latin America. We've supported such activities in foreign countries for decades, meddling with their internal affairs.

Don't try to stretch something imaginary and present it as a reality that somehow Saddam was in a cozy relationship with Osama, or Al Qaeda in general.

Saddam Hussein had been firing at US planes patrolling the No-Fly Zone since the war ended in 1991. He had to be taken out so that he could not interfere with the operations in Afghanistan.

Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,865,904 times
I am not in the inner circle of the CIA or government so I have no way of knowing what the truth is as to how this person was discovered. Do I accept it at face value it was through Iraq...no.... nor do I comment of things I don't have a clue about... guess you think the left does the same thing the right does.

We see just nothing to say because who really knows?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,591,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Obtusity and deflection. I expected nothing less.
Pathetic demwits!

At least we can count on them to stay the same.

Old 05-04-2011, 11:47 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,833,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Saddam Hussein had been firing at US planes patrolling the No-Fly Zone since the war ended in 1991. He had to be taken out so that he could not interfere with the operations in Afghanistan.
Among the long list of pathetic excuses for invading Iraq, where does this rank?

Old 06-15-2012, 09:01 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,138,171 times
George W. Bush deserves as much credit, or more, as Barack Obama for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. This is especially important to note as liberals try in vein to de-glorify Bush while putting Barack Obama on a pedestal during this election season.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Another (fake) link between Saddam and bin Laden.

Old 06-15-2012, 09:08 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
George W. Bush deserves as much credit, or more, as Barack Obama for the killing of Osama Bin Laden. This is especially important to note as liberals try in vein to de-glorify Bush while putting Barack Obama on a pedestal during this election season.

Really, how so?

Bush joined the seals?

The credit, my friend goes to the people who were actually there, not the CIC who signed the orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies