Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:58 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,800,825 times

Advertisements

I don't see how the Muslim flyers were "radicals" for simply being Muslims or getting on a plane.

Muslims aren't a race, so it isn't "racism". But it sure sounds like the pilot was prejudice and there's no room for any of that immature behavior in today's society.

Islam is not an evil religion at all. Nor are Muslims.

It's radical Islam that's the problem and judging people because of a fringe "other" group is not fair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2011, 04:23 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
So I take it you don't mind business owners putting up signs that say "NO DARKIES ALLOWED"?
Not even close to being the same thing.

Old 05-07-2011, 06:54 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Final Word:

The Captain is the Security Coordinator in charge of the safety of each passenger on his plane.
He can kick off anyone he pleases and does not have to answer squat to anyone...Not Even His Boss!!! That's the law!!! End of story!!!

BTW: There's a very good reason the passengers were concerned and the Captain turned the plane around.....the news isn't covering that part, but you can bet these "IMAMS" were hot to scream racisism '"from a telephone at the Mempis Airport".

If you spend a lot of time dealing with passengers, you'll find about 50% of the muslims decked out in full islamic dress draw attention to themselves, enjoy seeing americans squirm around them and push the limits of everyone from Gate agents, to flight attendants, to pilots, to fellow passengers.

Also, most people forget that part of their standard operating procedure is to test the system, find out what works, what doesn't, and where they have to modify their MO. How are we supposed to know it's only a test?

The fact that they took another plane and landed without incident means nothing, except that if it was a test they gained valuable information. Actually, it's a win-win for them. Get through, and they win. Removed from the plane, they sue -- AND win again! Legal action may intimidate other airlines due to the cost involved, and eventually they'll be careful to be "pc" because it's less expensive that way. Muslims said years ago that they will use our own system of laws to defeat us, and this is just one way of doing that.

For the person who said it's "good" that this will be expensive for the airline -- well, you must not ever fly because if you do, that cost will be reflected in your ticket also.

Last edited by swbtoo; 05-07-2011 at 07:12 AM..

Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,702,384 times
Quote:
The muslims? All the muslims? Including the guy in one of my classes? I'll ask him about his plans to "spread lots of American blood around."
Do that. And when he and the rest of the non-terrorist muslim world take a stand, and speak up against Islam being besmirched by some of their own, then maybe we will see them a bit differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Whatever they are doing is working. America should have them take over TSA. They have it right. I'd rather hurt someone's feelings, then kill houndreds of innocent people.
Israel offered years ago to assist in our security measures. The US declined.

Old 05-07-2011, 07:52 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
The muslims? All the muslims? Including the guy in one of my classes? I'll ask him about his plans to "spread lots of American blood around."
I wouldn't count on him telling you the truth....

Old 05-07-2011, 07:58 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Why would it cause dealta. he is afterallt eh captai of that aircraft and like a ship i total command. Its up to delta to decide what to do. Ships and aircraft are not a democracy really. The captai rules.If people feel unconfortable flying with anyone they shoudnot be made to including civlians.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:58 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,974,579 times
Quote:
I ment to address this last night, but my wife had a far better offer. Your in a class which means you don't know squat. You have no ability to tell what that guy is doing and or why he is in the class. What is the class anyway How To Fly a plane?

The islamics in N. Conway and Portland Maine were nice enough on the surface ya know. Then their day came to fly straight to HELL and they did.

More over small local air ports at that time were required to call the FAA if a islamic wanted to fly for a sceneic flight. No local pilots I knew wanted the fee or the those flights.

I just happened to be testing a motorcycle at the airport, where with written permission I can exceed 140 MPH, and not get busted for using the streets as my private test track. A gold M Benz happened to pull in with 4 islamics wanting to see the foliage from the air. It didn't happen, and I had nothing to do with it. After they left the pilot told me he wasn't going to fly even if he called the FAA and was cleared to do so.

Classes are to learn about things you don't know, and most of the time out in the real world all the class did was lend you some idea. The class room and the real world are 2 different things.

Old 05-07-2011, 10:29 AM

9,394 posts, read 15,697,329 times
It's economics, but uh ok.

And y'know, I'm trying to find some sort of reliable source about your claim that airports had to call the FAA if a muslim wanted to fly, and I'm having trouble. Could you show me something to back that up?

Old 05-07-2011, 11:39 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,848,211 times
Muslim Leaders Attend Conference Day After Removal From Plane - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Both men passed multiple security clearances by TSA and Delta Airlines before boarding. They were even rescreened after they were pulled off the flight. Rahman said they had no problem being screened multiple times.
"It is their job to do it. It is our job to show our stuff. We don't have anything. We are living in America; we want the security of America," said Rahman.
But still the pilot refused to let them board.
Ironically, the two made the trip to Charlotte for a conference of imams, where they would be discussing "Islamophobia," the fear of Islam.

If they decide to proceed in court, I think they have a pretty good case, based on the facts that we know currently.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:46 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,661,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
You ever work a bar? A bar keep can toss out or refuse service to any one on a whim.
This is false.

If a bar were to discriminate against people based on their race or religion they would soon be facing a well-founded complaint, probably for compensatory and punitive damages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies