Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2011, 08:15 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,292,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
Yes, I can't understand as to why some people dislike children. It's a contradiction in terms really. Everyone was a child at one point in their lives.

It's sad. Maybe they have some psychological issues which cause them to dislike children.
Are you saying that every man likes children?
Then why is it that so many leave them and don't pay support?

Let me get this straight... you want all women to think and behave exactly the way that you want them to think and behave.
If they behave or think any other way they have psychological issues?
Do I have this right?

You're simply interested in Stepford Zombies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
No ... I'm not missing the point ... and contrary to your insinuation ... anyone who doesn't agree with your self centered, self righteous ideologies is not automatically a "woman hater". Such rhetoric exposes the real undercurrent ... your hatred of men, which is not necessarily central to the feminist agenda, but is a predominate attitude within radical feminist circles.

Most self destructive agendas have selfishness as it's core, and most special interests share this fundamental theme. And selfishness ultimately results in self defeat ... always has, always will.

That is the point of the OP.
For some reason, I don't think you know very much about radical feminists and their circles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Maybe his degree is better. Maybe he did a better job negotiating his salary

Maybe her degree is better. But she still gets paid less. Why?

And when they were negotiating that salary, he made demands and gets rewarded for aggressive behavior. She makes demands and gets labeled a greedy *itch with no company loyalty. She's not allowed to do a better job negotiating her salary because as a society we don't treat men and women as equals. We punish women for being aggressive in the workplace. We reward men for that exact same behavior.

As I stated earlier, there is a study on this, where actors were given identical resumes, and scripts to memorize for actual salary negotiations. And even saying the exact same words, with the exact same qualifications, the men were repeatedly offered more money.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:17 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,698,306 times
Quote:
Maybe his degree is better. Maybe he did a better job negotiating his salary
True, men are more likely to negotiate raises than women.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:21 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Yeh, women are so independent when it suits them. But if it comes to registering for the draft, paying for dates, opening doors, taking the army physical fitness test, becoming a police officer/fireman, it's always "oh look at me, I'm but a poor, weak woman, please lower your standards for me."
What a tired cliché.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy_Jole View Post
True, men are more likely to negotiate raises than women.
That's true. Why, though?

If Johnny and Sally are twins, and everytime Johnny asks for an ice cream bar he gets one, but everytime Sally asks for an ice cream bar she gets a lecture on why she should be careful of what she eats because she doesn't want to become fat, and she only gets that ice cream bar about half the time, then behavior modification would show that Johnny would be much more likely to ask for that ice cream bar over time. When raises are not based on merit, but based on other factors including gender, then social engineering is at play.

Old 05-10-2011, 08:27 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,678,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
That's true. Why, though?

If Johnny and Sally are twins, and everytime Johnny asks for an ice cream bar he gets one, but everytime Sally asks for an ice cream bar she gets a lecture on why she should be careful of what she eats because she doesn't want to become fat, and she only gets that ice cream bar about half the time, then behavior modification would show that Johnny would be much more likely to ask for that ice cream bar over time. When raises are not based on merit, but based on other factors including gender, then social engineering is at play.
Good analogy. I was going to say that hopefully as women climb the corporate ladder and start to make hiring decisions themselves, these things will change. But who knows? Many unfortunate women buy into the same ideology that tells them that they are inferior and can never be equal to men. (But perhaps those aren't the women who are climbing said ladder! )

Old 05-10-2011, 09:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
What I notice about these women-haters is not just their insecurities and fear but their total lack of knowledge of history....they are either ignorant of, or don't want to acknowledge, the contributions of women to society. I mean one of them didn't know women fought in wars!!!!

They want to pretend that the world was all Norman Rockwell paintings, sweetness and light, until women demanded that they be treated like humans......

Willful ignorance is such a blessing to them.

Old 05-10-2011, 09:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,548,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"lost their feminity?

So if a woman votes she's lost her feminity?

If she owns property ?

If she doesn't hand over her wages to her husband or father?

If she doesn't cook/clean/reproduce herself into exhaustion?

If she doesn't complain when raped?

You think all those things are feminine?

Well, luckily for women the intelligent ones don't care what people like you who hate(FEAR) half the population of the world , think...

Old 05-10-2011, 11:54 AM

15,098 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
How nasty and disrespectful! Do you think you're talking to a child? Or do you think women and children are the same thing? Yes, you do.
Out of the volume of cogent opinion I've posted, you insist on plucking out a line or two to become enraged over ... while ignoring the rest of the argument that you can't legitimately debate.

And I'm sorry if if my response to childish diatribe sounds patronizing. It is difficult to avoid in those instances. And the following is a good example.

Quote:
The sentence is ridiculous enough...what you're saying is "if women don't keep breeding then women won't exist"...that's ridiculous...just YOU TRYING to make a woman feel that she SHOULD(according to the superior laws of GuyiTexas) breed copiously....
Ridiculous? How so? If your mother refused to have children, where do you think you'd have come from ... the freaking stork? You see, this inane abandonment of logic is part of the problem you have ... you champion a mindset that if adopted by your parents would result in you not even existing ... this is a literal fact ... not simply my opinion.

Quote:
You can continue to post all the "women should be breeding stock and slaves to men and women are what ruin the world" over and over again...it just won't make it true.
What you're doing is trying to throw the guilt for how awful this world has become off the shoulders of those who ruled it...MEN....
I do no such thing ... in fact, if you read thoroughly, rather than selectively, you see that the crux of my position is that women have historically provided a stabilizing role .... particularly in the area of raising children to be decent adult human beings, instilling the qualities of compassion, empathy, morality and integrity, while if left up to men, those all important qualities would be diluted or missing altogether, with disastrous results. And we are seeing that happen today, given that more and more children of the past few generations have become literal wards of the state ... spending more time being educated and cared for by strangers than they are their own parents. And it IS SHOWING UP in a degradation of moral character, and an inability to discern right from wrong ... or more aptly, the attitude of moral relativism that is unconcerned with such old fashioned concepts of right and wrong.

There is a balancing that is missing here ... and when women behave, think, and act like men, that balance is no longer being provided. So where will it come from? Government? The answer is, it won't come.

When I was growing up, Mom was the one that kept close eye on you to make sure you were 'behaving yourself" ... teaching you the little mundane things like the proper etiquette of not slamming doors .... to the more important things like sharing ... getting along with others and thinking of someone other than just yourself ... being kind to others ... telling the truth .... taking responsibility for your actions ... and providing emotional comfort in those difficult growing up years. These things shape who you become as a person, and how you view your place in this world.

It seems today that half the population sees themselves as the center of the universe, with only their desires and needs as being worthy of consideration. And their percentages are growing. We have perhaps the most immature, childish group of young people coming up now that this country has ever seen ... 20 year olds riding skateboards .... young women dressing like street hookers ... and the utter lack of respect for others is astounding. Go to any college town, and take a good look at who we have to take over in the next decade .... a bunch of drooling morons who are socially retarded, ill mannered ... and truly intolerable to be around. And why is that? Poor parenting ... and you can readily see the ones who were raised properly ... and those are becoming the exception rather than the rule.

And is it any wonder? I don't think so. When the traditional providers of these aforementioned qualities necessary for the development of good character decide that I - Me - Mine are their three favorite words in the dictionary ... it should be no surprise why we find ourselves living in a world totally focused on winner take all ... the ends justify the means .... and nothing else matters but me.

You can deny the role Feminism's selfishness has played in the results we are seeing, but it's just that ... denial. When women reject their role of nurturer and moral anchor ... you have a society lost. When self interests dominate, even to the point of placing one's career or personal aspirations over their children's best interests ... or worse ... viewing pregnancy as an undesirable cancerous growth to be flushed out like a disease .... you have totally corrupted moral character embedded in the very source of human morality ... with no alternative supply of it.

And that is an accurate description of Feminism ... domination of self interests above all other concerns .... including the abandoning of the basic animal nature present in almost all mammals ... the instinct to protect and defend their offspring at ALL COSTS. When that is gone ... you have NOTHING LEFT except a poor prognosis for the future of the species.

Congratulations .... as the popular saying goes ... "you've come a long way, Baby"

Old 05-10-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Out of the volume of cogent opinion I've posted, you insist on plucking out a line or two to become enraged over ... while ignoring the rest of the argument that you can't legitimately debate.

And I'm sorry if if my response to childish diatribe sounds patronizing. It is difficult to avoid in those instances. And the following is a good example.

Ridiculous? How so? If your mother refused to have children, where do you think you'd have come from ... the freaking stork? You see, this inane abandonment of logic is part of the problem you have ... you champion a mindset that if adopted by your parents would result in you not even existing ... this is a literal fact ... not simply my opinion.

I do no such thing ... in fact, if you read thoroughly, rather than selectively, you see that the crux of my position is that women have historically provided a stabilizing role .... particularly in the area of raising children to be decent adult human beings, instilling the qualities of compassion, empathy, morality and integrity, while if left up to men, those all important qualities would be diluted or missing altogether, with disastrous results. And we are seeing that happen today, given that more and more children of the past few generations have become literal wards of the state ... spending more time being educated and cared for by strangers than they are their own parents. And it IS SHOWING UP in a degradation of moral character, and an inability to discern right from wrong ... or more aptly, the attitude of moral relativism that is unconcerned with such old fashioned concepts of right and wrong.

There is a balancing that is missing here ... and when women behave, think, and act like men, that balance is no longer being provided. So where will it come from? Government? The answer is, it won't come.

When I was growing up, Mom was the one that kept close eye on you to make sure you were 'behaving yourself" ... teaching you the little mundane things like the proper etiquette of not slamming doors .... to the more important things like sharing ... getting along with others and thinking of someone other than just yourself ... being kind to others ... telling the truth .... taking responsibility for your actions ... and providing emotional comfort in those difficult growing up years. These things shape who you become as a person, and how you view your place in this world.

It seems today that half the population sees themselves as the center of the universe, with only their desires and needs as being worthy of consideration. And their percentages are growing. We have perhaps the most immature, childish group of young people coming up now that this country has ever seen ... 20 year olds riding skateboards .... young women dressing like street hookers ... and the utter lack of respect for others is astounding. Go to any college town, and take a good look at who we have to take over in the next decade .... a bunch of drooling morons who are socially retarded, ill mannered ... and truly intolerable to be around. And why is that? Poor parenting ... and you can readily see the ones who were raised properly ... and those are becoming the exception rather than the rule.

And is it any wonder? I don't think so. When the traditional providers of these aforementioned qualities necessary for the development of good character decide that I - Me - Mine are their three favorite words in the dictionary ... it should be no surprise why we find ourselves living in a world totally focused on winner take all ... the ends justify the means .... and nothing else matters but me.

You can deny the role Feminism's selfishness has played in the results we are seeing, but it's just that ... denial. When women reject their role of nurturer and moral anchor ... you have a society lost. When self interests dominate, even to the point of placing one's career or personal aspirations over their children's best interests ... or worse ... viewing pregnancy as an undesirable cancerous growth to be flushed out like a disease .... you have totally corrupted moral character embedded in the very source of human morality ... with no alternative supply of it.

And that is an accurate description of Feminism ... domination of self interests above all other concerns .... including the abandoning of the basic animal nature present in almost all mammals ... the instinct to protect and defend their offspring at ALL COSTS. When that is gone ... you have NOTHING LEFT except a poor prognosis for the future of the species.

Congratulations .... as the popular saying goes ... "you've come a long way, Baby"
I'm dying laughing. Feminism is selfish. Because women should generously play a subservient role in society. And men should take that for granted. It's the proper order of things.

Do you understand that your insistence that women shouldn't be your equals is much more selfish than women wanting equality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies