Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2011, 04:12 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whatever dude. Keep flattering yourself.

Again, if you can prove that i owe you something, tell me in a PM what i owe you and i'll mail it to you. I've paid taxes and subsidized a hell of a lot of white folks over the years too. Maybe i should ask for my money back since you wanna be so cocky about your tiny contribution to anything i've ever benefitted from. Black folks owe you NOTHING...not even a thanks. We've shed blood for this country just like everyone else....often moreso.

And how we handle our business is none of your business. You're not being consulted, and your opinion doesn't matter.
Seriously, where do you come up with this crap? I never said black people owe me anything, I simply pointed out that educating black kids isn't only the responsibility of black people. You're not handing your business and that's my point, my opinion matters just as much as yours does and I don't need to be consulted. BTW, it's benefited, consider yourself just a little smarter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2011, 04:14 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Wonder you have lasted this long IF this is how you act in the real world.

Guess some people simply cannot control themselves.
I guess I'm not the only one who suspects that a certain someone here is all talk behind a keyboard?

Old 05-11-2011, 04:26 AM

10,449 posts, read 12,468,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
My friend's 85-year-old mother still insists on calling filbert nuts "****** toes". She did that in a candy store not too long ago. She didn't get any irate responses for her lack of PC, though, just a few embarassed snickers.
It's kind of sad that older people get this pass though, because I know a lot of older people who had no trouble grasping the concept that we don't call black people negroes or n*gg*rs any more and that now the generally accepted terms are black and African-American. And yet so many still do get off the hook but they do know better.

For example, my great aunt goes on and on about how Jews and blacks have ruined her life and how they are always the reason for her problems. One Thanksgiving she made some comment at the table and it was so awkward because not only is she still racist, but we have lots of interracial relationships in our family. Her own nephew has been married to a black woman for at least 30 years. Two of their children were there. My sister was there with her black boyfriend and I was there with my black girlfriend and my dad is in a relationship with a black woman (she wasn't there but everyone knew her) and so on and so forth. So the fact that she hasn't learned a thing in 30 years of her own family falling in love with and being with black people is just sad to me. It breaks my heart because it's not just like older people can't change. The racist older folks we come across today often don't have a real "excuse" for their racism. It's not like my great aunt has never been around black people. And it's not even like the only black people she's been around have been serving her. She has black family members. It's not like she hasn't had 30+ years to get on board. Maybe some older folks really don't get it but there are plenty out there who could get it who choose not to.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
OY VEY!!

Talk about completely misunderstanding my post and that comment. I'm not saying that white people think a black educated person is trying to be white -- I'm pointing out what EVERYONE KNOWS, which is that some black people accuse educated black people of trying to be white (which is completely ridiculous but hey, I'm not them so I don't know what they're thinking when they make those silly accusations.)
I have to admit I have heard that accusation (that wanting to be educated is selling your soul to Whitey) a lot in the black community. But to be fair, there are also plenty of black people who value education. Almost all my in laws have college degrees. My grandmother has a Master's. And their degrees aren't all from Nowhere Community College either.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:39 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Why are you trying to personally attack me? Why are you mad?
He's an angry "teabaggee".

I'm a proud "teabagger".

Old 05-11-2011, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Please. You say stuff on here about black people that you wouldn't dream of saying in real life. Who do you think you're fooling?

Like i said before, don't say anything over the line, and you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
The problem is that everyone has a different line.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
The problem is that everyone has a different line.
That's true, but at the same time, there are also some words that are way past the gray area and definitely in the "not okay" area.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's true, but at the same time, there are also some words that are way past the gray area and definitely in the "not okay" area.
Absolutely.

But why is it okay for blacks to say the "N" word all over the place, but not whites?

Why is it open season on conservative women?

Why does anything go when it comes to conservative black men?

Why is it okay to personally attack the children of conservatives?

The protected class is untouchable. Gays, liberal women, liberal minorities, etc.

Why?

Old 05-11-2011, 08:11 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Absolutely.

But why is it okay for blacks to say the "N" word all over the place, but not whites?

Why is it open season on conservative women?

Why does anything go when it comes to conservative black men?

Why is it okay to personally attack the children of conservatives?

The protected class is untouchable. Gays, liberal women, liberal minorities, etc.

Why?
Boy...someone here has a victim complex.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I guess I'm not the only one who suspects that a certain someone here is all talk behind a keyboard?
Suspect what you want. Just make sure that OFF of this keyboard, you keep yourself in line. This coming from the guy who claims to call black people primates in real life and gets away with it.

Yea...ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies