Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you consider voting for Ron Paul?
Yes 31 31.96%
No 51 52.58%
Maybe with more information about him 4 4.12%
I've alreading decided to Vote for Obama 11 11.34%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 09:45 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,330,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Sometimes, too much of states' rights person as well, whereas I'm for people's rights.
Ummm, the opposite of states' rights is NOT people's rights. I don't know where you got that idea from. States' rights is a lot closer to 'the people' than federal intrusionistic takeovers and power grabs.

Here's but one example: What's the opposite of state's rights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 09:47 AM

541 posts, read 1,903,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He was interviewed on CNN yesterday, and he stated he's anti-abortion and wants to repeal Roe v. Wade. Have you heard a different stance from him?
He believes it should be a state issue and not a federal one thus his reason for wanting to repeal Roe v. Wade.

It is true he is personally against abortion, but his perspective isn't from a religious stand point. It is from his experiences as an OBGYN.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:14 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Another well informed Obama supporter, it's the John Birch Society.

The John Birch Society

Their slogan on their website is "Less government, more responsibility and with God's help, a better world". I can see how that would **** off a lot of rabid liberal idiots.
Pretty low of you to chide someone for a typo.

Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The 9th Amendment precedes and therefore "chiefs" the 10th Amendment.
I. . .don't. . . think. . . so! The first ten were all adopted together, anyway. Is Hawaii a less imortant state than Delaware?

Old 05-14-2011, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Let me guess...

I dunno. Maybe about $128 billion?

Do you drive much through states that have toll roads?

I have.

Here's what I've noticed.

The roads are NOT in better shape than public roads. Matter of fact, they oftentimes have MILES of multilanes blocked down to single lanes. Of course, the tolls aren't reduced when they have traffic clogged up the wazoo. You pay as much for a trip over a crumbly, constricted, under-construction roadway as you would when it's clear sailing.

<snip>
Yes, the Pennsylvania Turnpike is an excellent example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Reagan was old, he did alright.
Reagan was showing signs of dementia in his first term, according to his son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Reagan was 70 when he began his term and 78 at the end of his presidency.

If elected, Paul would be 77 at the start of his presidency. I don't care who you are, 77 is too old be POTUS.

As for Reagan doing 'alright', that's a matter of opinion, isn't it?
See above about Reagan.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:53 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,305,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
He was interviewed on CNN yesterday, and he stated he's anti-abortion and wants to repeal Roe v. Wade. Have you heard a different stance from him?

If that's true it completely destroys his credibility as a libertarian. If he was a true libertarian he wouldn’t care one way or another and he would view it as a private matter.

The fact he would take this view is indicative that he would pander to social conservatives on issues even if those issues go against libertarian principles.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:04 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
If that's true it completely destroys his credibility as a libertarian. If he was a true libertarian he wouldn’t care one way or another and he would view it as a private matter.

The fact he would take this view is indicative that he would pander to social conservatives on issues even if those issues go against libertarian principles.
Since you obviously don't know what a libertarian is and you'd rather spread manure than be bothered to check a fact:It's about individual rights and Ron Paul belief is a child has the same right to life inside the womb as a child would on the outside.

Ultimately he believes it is for the individual states to rule on abortion as the Constitution doesn't provide for it way or the other.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:28 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, the Pennsylvania Turnpike is an excellent example.

Reagan was showing signs of dementia in his first term, according to his son.

See above about Reagan.
i have ZERO respect for a son who will badmouth his father after he is gone.

what kind of a loser does that?

probably the kind of loser who would like to get some attention again.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:35 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
No. I'm a teacher and his stance on education alone is enough for me to never consider voting for him.

Old 05-14-2011, 08:37 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
No. I'm a teacher and his stance on education alone is enough for me to never consider voting for him.
No one wants their gravy train to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies