Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,816,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAstudent View Post
Yes, thousands of Israelis have died over the years, but tens of thousands of Palestinians have also died. Millions more have been displaced.
The Palestinians are the ones who have chosen to fight. They are given consessions only to break agreements over and over again. When Israel was given their country back they absorbed millions of Jews from the surrounding countries. The Arab countries did the opposite when it came to the Palestinian people.

Again I ask, why do you think 90% of the Arabs that live in Israel want Israel to remain in control?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 01:09 PM

68,364 posts, read 54,587,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The US held hostage by a country the size of Rhode Island?
Of course we are.

We hear the old 'it's the only democracy in the region'

SO?

HOW does that benefit the US?

Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Of course we are.

We hear the old 'it's the only democracy in the region'

SO?

HOW does that benefit the US?
Are they not the only Democracy in the region? How exactly is that holding us hostage? You keep saying it over and over without giving any examples. Be my guest and tell us how we are being held hostage by Israel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I don't recall saying anything of the kind. Put up the link that proves anyone ever said that.

Israel has ALWAYS been a staunch friend and ally to the US...except when the radical muslim sympathizer came into office.

NEVER has this country had such an anti-Israel president. Never.

And just WHAT has Israel, this allegedly staunch friend and ally, done for the US?

132 posts, read 268,506 times
For all the people crying "JEW HATER ALERT" I have some news for you:

There is a distinct difference between an Israeli and a Jew. The religious makeup of the nation of Israel by self-proclaimed religion is as follows:

Judaism: 76% (42% secular)
Islam: 17%
Christianity: 2.1%
Druze: 1.6%
Baha'i: .1%
Samaritan: .1%

Israel has the 19th largest Atheistic population in the world, comprising up to 35% of the people across the religious spectrum.

Adherents.com: Atheist Statistics | Agnostic

Americans who do not support "keeping Israel alive at the taxpayers expense" SHOULD NOT be labeled Jew Haters, as that is assumptive and usually totally inaccurate.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,789,470 times
Quote:

There is a distinct difference between an Israeli and a Jew. The religious makeup of the nation of Israel by self-proclaimed religion is as follows:

Israel has the 19th largest Atheistic population in the world, comprising up to 35% of the people across the religious spectrum.

Americans who do not support "keeping Israel alive at the taxpayers expense" SHOULD NOT be labeled Jew Haters, as that is assumptive and usually totally inaccurate.
Why do you wanna give them a culture shock?

They're gonna start crying now and there's no ice cream in the vicinity

Old 05-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Are they not the only Democracy in the region? How exactly is that holding us hostage? You keep saying it over and over without giving any examples. Be my guest and tell us how we are being held hostage by Israel.
We're told Israel being the only democracy in the region justifies the $$$ we send, the implication being bad things would happen to the US should that not be the case. I want to know how? I don't believe there being a democracy in the region or not means a damn thing to the well being of the US. That's being held hostage in my eyes.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:19 PM

132 posts, read 268,506 times
Quote:
The Palestinians are the ones who have chosen to fight. They are given consessions only to break agreements over and over again. When Israel was given their country back they absorbed millions of Jews from the surrounding countries. The Arab countries did the opposite when it came to the Palestinian people.

Again I ask, why do you think 90% of the Arabs that live in Israel want Israel to remain in control?
Yes, you're correct, the Palestinians have chosen to fight. But that is because previous attempts at peace have not given them fair terms. In 2006, Hamas even agreed to recognize the state of Israel in return for the 1967 boundaries but were denied. Do you expect an oppressed people who have been exiled for 60 years from their homeland to just sit still?

Israel imposes checkpoints on the Palestinians, who must file through painfully military barriers while Israeli citizens drive on paved roads. Would this make any Israeli Arab citizen want anything different? no.

Please visit and observe what goes on. It is absolutely awful. While I am not in any way justifying the Israelis that are brutally murdered by rockets and suicide bombers, we do need to keep this conflict in perspective. A US-armed Israel vs. besieged Palestinians.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We're told Israel being the only democracy in the region justifies the $$$ we send, the implication being bad things would happen to the US should that not be the case. I want to know how? I don't believe there being a democracy in the region or not means a damn thing to the well being of the US. That's being held hostage in my eyes.
You don't remotely understand the relationship between Israel and ourselves. Did you know that Israel is the second largest supplier of technology to China? This includes military technology. Do you know how much we glom from them? Ponder the implications of NOT being on friendly relations based solely on that little tidbit.

You must think Israel is just a dust bucket in middle east run solely on US help. Do a little less one minded research and maybe you'll "get it" at some point.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:25 PM

898 posts, read 829,686 times
Quote:

This is what you site as evidence????

You're not the sharpest kid in your class, are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies