Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2011, 09:02 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,704,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Most repugs ignore those "facty thingys" quite well...but those are the things they will have to fight in '12.. [MOD CUT]
Maybe you should look at who was running Congress instead of who was President. The President spends no money, only Congress.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-10-2011 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

2,226 posts, read 2,106,570 times
Default Don't be a dolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Funny, you're saying I'm 12 when you don't think for yourself like a 12 year old. You even admitted that you get your supposed truth and "common sense" from Progressive talking points. How does it feel to not have your own mind?

There is no such thing as "having your own mind".....all thought is actually group thought regardless of the subject. We haven't had original thought since the cavemen. Since we started our first cave paintings, people have started to meld into groups that have like minded thinking. People agree or disagree depending on whether they do or don't have "like minds", just like you only agree with the Tea Bags. My thought processes tend to be more Progressive & Liberal and not so rigid and uncompromising as those of the right. Having my own mind? If I did, I would be the only person on the planet with their "own mind"......well maybe barring a few physociopaths and phschitzos. Yeah, probably not spelled correctly, but you probably get it okay.

31,767 posts, read 28,867,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well I can see the campaign fodder forming for the Dems. Rather than admit defeat and come clean about the failed stimulus and QE they are going to finger point, with no proof, and place the blame squarely on the Repubs.

-Republicans destroyed what the Dems had done to get the economy back on track.
Go ahead and respond to my post, instead of parroting the always in vogue in the right wing rhetoric. I'm sure you don't mind an honest debate?

Old 06-10-2011, 09:05 AM

Default not true

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well I can see the campaign fodder forming for the Dems. Rather than admit defeat and come clean about the failed stimulus and QE they are going to finger point, with no proof, and place the blame squarely on the Repubs.

-Republicans destroyed what the Dems had done to get the economy back on track.
The Repugs didn't destroy, they refused to get on board, refused to push or pull the cart.........and its only the Repugs who say the stimulus didn't work. I'll bet the THOUSANDS of newly employed people or RE-employed people couldn't disagree with you more. Sorry don't know what the QE is, so many acryonms these days.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 AM

Default keep reading

Quote:
Nope, they are going to avoid this at all costs. If they do answer you, it will be the R's fault.

the DEMS always have an answer, and they never cut and run.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:09 AM

Default oooh, another good one

Quote:
I told you HT, they would blame the right. Their tactics are so damn predictable.

So full of interesting factoids. What I said, actually answered Texans question.....you just don't like the answer and all you can come up with is "predictability?" Seriously. How predictable. Either get in the game or get out.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:10 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,704,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
the DEMS always have an answer, and they never cut and run.
The Wisconsin Democrat State legislators come to mind.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:11 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,889,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
The Repugs didn't destroy, they refused to get on board, refused to push or pull the cart.........and its only the Repugs who say the stimulus didn't work. I'll bet the THOUSANDS of newly employed people or RE-employed people couldn't disagree with you more. Sorry don't know what the QE is, so many acryonms these days.
I think this visual displays the issue. The Repubs still deny and don't attempt to work to help correct the mistakes. It is a huge hole the American people are in, the Republican answer, is to make it deeper.

America's lost trillions in household wealth - Jun. 9, 2011

Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,522,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Here is a video and article about the Republicans intentionally sabotaging the economy for political gain.

Are Republicans Intentionally Sabotaging Economy For Political Gain? - Yahoo! Finance

I highly doubt it. The Republicans I've known seek financial gain more than political gain. While small business strongly supports Republicans, their political contributions are shockingly quite paltry relative to their financial resources. Trial lawyers might give thousands to Democrats while small business owners give hundreds to Republicans.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:12 AM

Default ooooh, not another one

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It's not real hard for most people to "predict" what has been staring them in the face for 2 1/2 yrs.

another teabag with no tea??? I actually wrote out a quite long answer with the reasons why that he asked for......and you....can't counter ANYTHING I said? My, my....how predictable. The truth does stop stupid in its place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies