Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2011, 11:28 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
lol
It won't be 'lol' long.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 PM

9,394 posts, read 15,694,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
It happening right before your very eyes. Global warming, wars all in the Middle East, Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Tornadoes...etc. etc.

We still don't have a cure for AID's or vaccine to prevent the spread of HIV.

Only remedies.
Rome wasn't built in a day, and we do have treatments that can help sufferers of HIV live a pretty good life all things considered.

This idea of HIV being a "gay man's illness" is as outdated as the concept of obesity being a "rich man's illness." Many countries in Africa have high rates of HIV yet some of these countries also consider homosexuality to be something worthy of capital punishment. Yep I'm sure the gays are just flourishing over there and that's why they have such high HIV rates

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 PM

Quote:
It happening right before your very eyes. Global warming, wars all in the Middle East, Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Tornadoes...etc. etc.

We still don't have a cure for AID's or vaccine to prevent the spread of HIV now do we?

Only remedies.

Its a fact the highest risk people are homosexuals, blacks, & intravenous drug users.
Amen....and Amen, Brother

Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
It won't be 'lol' long.
okay chief, whatever you say! just like Harold Camping! the bible guarantees it!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Really? Until Almighty God does what he did to Sodom and Gomorrah.
Which really had nothing to do with homosexuality, but okay then.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:31 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
I said that this is not what the American people want. Our politicians continue to ignore the screams and pleas of hardworking Americans. The last time that happened they were replaced in record numbers. This will be replaced if they continue to ignore our cries.

Give the gays the concessions that come along with marriage, but don't call it marriage. Call it a gay bonding ceremony or something to that effect. Be creative.
Hm, incidentally, I don't know a single American who is not in favor of this - just like you probably don't know anyone who is not against this.

There are two issues of course:

1.) If there had been a true separation of church and state, then marriage could have remained something that only a church defines. However, the minute the government decided to bestow special privileges based on the concept of marriage, the game changed. If the country claims that all are equal in the eyes of the law, then it cannot discriminate against some of its citizens purely based on who they are.

Thus far, one could argue that such discrimination is not based on who a person is, but rather upon their actions - that is, on some people acting out homosexual tendencies. Thus, you have issue #2.

2.) Somewhere down the road, it became clear that homosexuals are not simply "acting," choosing to be gay (like a person would chose to commit a crime), or infected with a gay virus. Rather, we came to understand that some people are, by nature, homosexual (well, not all have come to understand this yet).

In this country, you cannot discriminate simply based upon who a person is (that is, based on an unalterable aspect of the person) and there goes your special heterosexual privilege...

Interestingly, the only exception in anti-discrimination laws that I can think of is religion - you are not born religious, you are raised religious and thus, are choosing to be religious. There is nothing inherently worth protecting in choosing to be religious that I can think of. The only reason there is such a protection in the first place is because some of those who are religious love to hate those who don't share their religion and/or religious beliefs.

I wonder how long it's going to be until such laws are challenged.

Alas, THE END IS NEAR - repent now. Bing, bing, bing - hear my bell.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 PM

12,498 posts, read 26,998,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDC View Post
Rome wasn't built in a day, and we do have treatments that can help sufferers of HIV live a pretty good life all things considered.

This idea of HIV being a "gay man's illness" is as outdated as the concept of obesity being a "rich man's illness." Many countries in Africa have high rates of HIV yet some of these countries also consider homosexuality to be something worthy of capital punishment. Yep I'm sure the gays are just flourishing over there and that's why they have such high HIV rates
HIV originated with Africans having sexual intercourse with monkeys & eating a bunch of weird **** where pathogens got transmitted from animals blood to the host.

Its the most logical answer I've come up anyway & one that has raised debate. Everything traces back to Africa.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamos View Post
Interestingly, the only exception that I can think of is religion - you are not born religious, you are raised religious and thus, are choosing to be religious. There is nothing inherently worth protecting in choosing to be religious that I can think of. The only reason there is such a protection in the first place is because some of those who are religious love to hate those who don't share their religion.
I never thought of this; I'll be using that in the future.

Quote:
HIV originated with Africans having sexual intercourse with monkeys & eating a bunch of weird **** where pathogens got transmitted from animals blood to the host.
Yep, I'm not sure what that has to do with homosexuality though.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasy Tokoro View Post
Which really had nothing to do with homosexuality, but okay then.
Pretty clear....your warped info DID NOT come from the Holy Bible.....mine does. - You better check your source....mine is your Creator!

Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,005,230 times
Quote:
Pretty clear....your warped info DID NOT come from the Holy Bible.....mine does. - You better check your source....mine is your Creator!
Yeah, but my creator can beat up your creator.

If you keep going, I am going to get my creator's big brother. He'll really show you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies